Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 15]

226Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat May 29, 2010 12:15 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Well, I'm glad that two month moratorium on resurrections has been lifted! PHEW! Thank GOD we had a mega-event that would finally put the resurrection genie back in the bottle... for a couple of issues.

I know both companies are going to bring characters back. Why can't they both just stop saying "Dead means dead" and shit like that?

shining knight wrote:Err he wasn't dead in the first place....

Thank you! Rolling Eyes

Go reread the GLC Blackest Night aftermath issue, Sodam's name is not on the Memorial Tree. Huge clue that he's vacationing in Europe not dead

227Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat May 29, 2010 12:16 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Issue 54 was good and as a Lobo fan, it's nice to see him involved with a best selling book.

And if anyone can do him justice, I think it's Johns and Mahnke

228Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat May 29, 2010 12:58 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:America, fuck yeah!

Laughing

Though one could argue that they're in America right now. Perhaps they're all being drawn to the white lantern? Maybe? Wink

229Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat May 29, 2010 6:14 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:Issue 54 was good and as a Lobo fan, it's nice to see him involved with a best selling book.

And if anyone can do him justice, I think it's Johns and Mahnke

Yup. I like him. I remember getting Lobocop and an issue of Superman vs Lobo back in the early 90's! It sucks that most of his books are... not that great, but these guys can def. put him over and make him work with what they've got brewing. His little oath at the end made me grin actually.

Very Happy

230Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat May 29, 2010 8:25 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Yup. I like him. I remember getting Lobocop and an issue of Superman vs Lobo back in the early 90's! It sucks that most of his books are... not that great, but these guys can def. put him over and make him work with what they've got brewing. His little oath at the end made me grin actually.

Very Happy

Yeah, I never understood why his books aren't better as well. I mean, I know he started as a gimmick character, but there's no reason to keep writing him that way. That's why I'm interested in seeing what Johns does for him. It might be nothing, but then again, maybe he'll give Lobo a real purpose

231Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun May 30, 2010 10:28 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another great issue. Loved the stuff with Atrocitus and Rage Kitty. Next issue looks so bad ass.

232Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon May 31, 2010 5:37 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Laughing

Though one could argue that they're in America right now. Perhaps they're all being drawn to the white lantern? Maybe? Wink
Or perhaps they're in America because that's where Atrocitus, Larfleeze, etc are at the moment - they're drawn to their main players.

I enjoyed this issue. Lobo certainly does seem random so I'm interested to see what he's doing there. I'm sure that last I saw him he was stuck in hell (in the excellent Reign in Hell series from Keith Giffen) but my memory's a bit sketchy on that.

Sinestro had the funniest line in the issue for me to Hal and Carol - "While you two are once again fanning the flames of a romantic fire destined to be doomed". That really cracked me up for some reason - like he said what we're all thinking.

233Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon May 31, 2010 8:55 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Laughing

I would imagine they would be all drawn to the White Lantern as well.

234Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon May 31, 2010 1:32 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:I enjoyed this issue. Lobo certainly does seem random so I'm interested to see what he's doing there. I'm sure that last I saw him he was stuck in hell (in the excellent Reign in Hell series from Keith Giffen) but my memory's a bit sketchy on that.

IIRC, his soul is stuck in hell as per a deal he made for his immortality. Or maybe just because of the acts he committed.. don't remember quite which one

235Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon May 31, 2010 5:40 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:I enjoyed this issue. Lobo certainly does seem random so I'm interested to see what he's doing there. I'm sure that last I saw him he was stuck in hell (in the excellent Reign in Hell series from Keith Giffen) but my memory's a bit sketchy on that.

IIRC, his soul is stuck in hell as per a deal he made for his immortality. Or maybe just because of the acts he committed.. don't remember quite which one
That rings a bell.

236Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:03 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

GL #54

-Loved the art from Mahnke. He's been stellarific.

-Hated the scene replay from Brightest Day.

-Loved the subway scene and the rest of the Red Lantern spotlight. Meow.

-Carroll, Sinestro and Hal playing tug-a-war with the White Lantern was sexy, humorous and hopefully it. These scenes have been adorable but it's time to move onto other matters. Like, uh...Lobo?

4/5 Bags&Boards - Not the best issue of GL, but probably the best DC issue of the week.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

237Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't mind scene replays only because the writer is taking into account that you might not be reading both books. I think it's pretty smart to be honest.

238Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:51 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I don't mind scene replays only because the writer is taking into account that you might not be reading both books. I think it's pretty smart to be honest.

Indeed. It's a necessary evil, especially when beginning a new story

239Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I don't mind scene replays only because the writer is taking into account that you might not be reading both books. I think it's pretty smart to be honest.

Indeed. It's a necessary evil, especially when beginning a new story

Yeah, I thought it was actually a courtesy to both new and old readers (you just don't want every issue to contain a couple of pages of rehashed Brightest Day content but I don't think that will be the case). Not everyone is getting Brightest Day.

240Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#55 was good. Loved the Dex-Starr back-up.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

241Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:09 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#55 was good. Loved the Dex-Starr back-up.
Yes and Yes. Rage Kitty for the win.

242Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:08 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #55

I loved this.

I'm not a fan of Lobo at all, but I actually liked him here.

I enjoyed the bit where Hal and Carol are talking while their constructs are cleaning up the mess from the fight.

I LOVE Atrocitus. The more of him the better.

You know, that backup made me like Dex-Starr. I wasn't really a fan of him before, but getting his origin made me feel for him.

I liked Ethan Van Sciver's GL work, I LOVED Ivan Reis'GL work, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Doug Mahnke's work. He's just perfect for this title.

243Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:42 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This issue was just amazing. I am very curious as to what Atrocitus is up to. The Dex-Star backup was just awesome and you know what his secret mission is. I cannot wait to see a Rage Kitty-centic issue. What I mean is I want a Rage Kitty-centric issue. Loved the issue.

244Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:09 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If Rage Kitty's story didn't touch your heart, you're not human. AT ALL.

We actually got two good cat stories from DC this month. Dex-Starr in this issue, and the PG/Wonder Woman story in Wonder Woman #600. I APPROVE. I only wish that Streaky (as a Super-Cat) was in-continuity so that we could see him interact with Dex. I'm looking forward to the Krypto/Dex fight coming up, but it would be cool to see Streaky befriend this angry young cat. tongue

245Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:16 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed. Seeing Streaky would be kind of cool but Red Lantern Cat vs Super Dog should be interesting.

246Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:45 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Definitely a great issue all around. You know what's interesting about the backup? All the hatred we've seen regarding the RL's seem to stem from love, or loss of a loved one I should say. I wonder if we'll see a deeper connection between them and the Sapphires later on, like what was touched on during BN

247Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Definitely a great issue all around. You know what's interesting about the backup? All the hatred we've seen regarding the RL's seem to stem from love, or loss of a loved one I should say. I wonder if we'll see a deeper connection between them and the Sapphires later on, like what was touched on during BN

Yeah and I think it also has to do with the fact that love and rage/hate are so often intertwined. If you've ever loved something or someone, chances are you've also felt some sort of rage over that love as well, whether that be losing that love or maybe even jealous-rage over that love. Plus, the fact that both emotions are at the ends of the spectrum probably means they're more similar to eachother than any of the other emotions.

I thought #55 was a fun action romp. Mahnke is drawing the shit out of this book. Not a big fan of Lobo but he was tolerable here, personally I'm not thrilled at the prospect of him becoming a somewhat regular character in the title. The Dex-Starr back up made up for it though. I'm a cat guy so I freakin love Dex. Poor guy went through so much, I hope he gets his revenge!

248Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:43 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dig what Lobo can be when people aren't writing him like an 80's biker reject. And I thought Johns used him well here. Plus, the last page! That could lead to some crazy shit

249Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Definitely a great issue all around. You know what's interesting about the backup? All the hatred we've seen regarding the RL's seem to stem from love, or loss of a loved one I should say. I wonder if we'll see a deeper connection between them and the Sapphires later on, like what was touched on during BN

Absolutely which is part of the reason I love Geoff Johns and his writing. These are not one dimensional characters. There is something to their rage. There is something tragic that pushed them to this place they are in and it's wonderful to see. I am loving Atrocitus as of late and consider him one of the more interesting characters to come around from this story. The other one being Saint Walker and I want to see more of him. I don't know what else to say except it's awesome to be a Green Lantern fan right now. Smile

250Green Lantern - Page 10 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:18 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Actually, thinking about it, all the rings come with some sort of loss.

Red: Dex-Starr and his human.
Orange: Larfleeze killed his two clansmen to get the Orange Light
Yellow: Sinestro lost his love, Abin Sur's (wife? sister?), although that could also fall under the next one, as well. But other Sinestro Corps members suffered horrible loss before they went nutso.
Green: Hal lost Coast City, Guy lost Ice, John lost Xanshi and Katma Tui, Kyle lost Alex...and so on.
Blue: Saint Walker lost his family (maybe his entire people?).
Indigo: There's some sort of loss involved there, since they took Black Hand with them, and he suffered and caused horrific losses in his own family.
Violet: Every Star Sapphire has two things in common: the capacity for great love and a broken heart.

Interesting.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum