Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 15]

101Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Although, I still wonder how the heck Blackest Night will ultimately be collected. You clearly have to read a good deal of these Green Lantern issues along with the main Blackest Night series to get a full story. Like will Hal just show up as Parallax in Blackest Night #7, how would that make sense if you're just reading the main title?? The same thing happened with BN #5 when all the different Corps were suddenly shown together because everything happened in GL #48. Should be interesting to see how they collect this.

I am curious as well as to how this is going to get collected.

102Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hopefully a 500 page edition with each GL book woven in the proper places.

(about 236 pages for BL and about 220 for GL, right? Plus BN #0 would be great as an opener then into GL then into BL #1?)

103Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:57 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Yeah they would have to at least collect the GL issues starting with # 48 for the main BN trade.

104Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:59 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If I had one complaint about gl 50 its that cover...Imagine if we went into that excellent issue without knowing the ending....

105Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:51 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:If I had one complaint about gl 50 its that cover...Imagine if we went into that excellent issue without knowing the ending....

As much as I love the cover, I do agree a bit. It would have been a bigger WTF moment had we not known beforehand.

106Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:46 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#50 was damn good.
That pretty much summed it up for me. Can't really add much more. Very Happy

Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern #50
Mahnke’s art was FANTASTIC. That shot of Hal sledgehammering the Spectre’s jaw was beautiful.
Hell yeah. I think this series has been some of Mahnke's greatest work. For me last year's Black Hand issue was one of the best single issues of a comic in 2009 for writing and art. And after that issue and seeing Mahnke's Spectre stuff this issue is there any doubt Doug Mahnke should try his hand at some sort of horror comic?

Just on the art - I thought the colorists did a superb job and I've got to think they have a great time doing this book.

107Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:09 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:If I had one complaint about gl 50 its that cover...Imagine if we went into that excellent issue without knowing the ending....
I think the cover was supposed to pay homage to the previous Green Lantern #50.

Green Lantern - Page 5 300px-Green_Lantern_Vol_3_50

108Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:47 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In my opinion Green Lantern 50 was the best Blackest Night book to drop thus far. It was all around fantastic.

109Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:06 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

this issue was amazing. it would have been the book of the week if not for cap reborn 6

110Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:45 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Green Lantern #50

What constitutes a 5-star rated comic book? Does it happen to be one of your personal favorites? Check. Does it contain the best-looking piece of artwork on the planet? Check. Does it make an impact within the status quo and significance of the event? Check. Does the cover perchance spoil what would’ve made this issue an otherwise classic? Unfortunately, check. Despite this usual instance in comic book lore, Green Lantern #50 is one of the few “anniversary” issues that does more than merely pay homage to the title. In fact, it serves as another issue of Blackest Night, so vital that it’ll be a shame if missing from the BN trade.

Right off the bat, we’re blessed with a two page spread containing the full roster of New Guardians and Lantern Corps in their attempt at taking back Coast City, showing off Doug Mahnke’s finest pencil work since Blackest Night #1 with The Hand. Screw it; this issue is Mahnke’s career highlight. The huge contingent of inkers and colorists fully flesh out the early season’s best-looking book, swarming every murky moment with more vibrancy and color medley than a Crayola factory.

Geoff Johns makes sure all the players get their moments: Blue Flash thankfully avoids the cheesiness from the mini when shutting down Firestorm; Mera commits an unforeseen act that startles Atrocitus, further quieting critics who couldn’t see her rage; whereas both Scarecrow and Lex Luthor have trouble controlling their portentous acts to the displeasure of Hal Jordan. The next several pages prove to be the pinnacle of Blackest Night. Without spoiling these extravagant panels of horrifying bliss, it’s the cooperation among such divergent characters that makes this issue so classic. It’s highly unpredictable and simply wonderful to watch.

An issue of this importance would never reach the brink without the schematic quarrelling between Hal, Sinestro, and Ganthet. The results are spectacular and should remind longtime followers of the last important celestial war. The last page isn’t entirely shocking, as the cover suggests, but again, I couldn’t help but stop and stare as if I were lucky enough to enter the Playboy Mansion. Green Lantern #50 is next level comic designing, people. If you don’t already know, you never will.

4.5/5 Bags&Boards - Many have recently labeled Green Lantern #50 Blackest Night 6.5. To say that would be an injustice. This is the best comic book of 2010. While it won’t take you long to read, don’t be surprised if you spend a minute on every page unable to shift your eyes to the next.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

111Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awesome review.

http://jaydee74.wordpress.com/2010/01/29/green-lantern-50/

112Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:01 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

thank you, it should be up at comicsbulletin.com pretty soon

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

113Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:23 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In short.. I want to have Geoff Johns' baby.

For one who hasn't read a solit or spoiler in over 3 years, I never saw Parallax playing a role in this story, so that was a welcomed and awesome surprise. For a minute there, I thought Sinestro really was going to take it, and that was blowing my mind with the possibilities.

It's also interesting that the Spectre fears Parallax. That alone should be a hint as the kind of power we're talking about here.

BTW, Hal is one step closing to using all the rings. (hint, White Lantern, hint)

114Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:57 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:For a minute there, I thought Sinestro really was going to take it, and that was blowing my mind with the possibilities.

Yeah I was like "oh crap" for a second there, I think that would have been awesome! Unfortunately the cover kinda made things somewhat predicable...but when I saw Sinestro trying to take Parallax I was hoping the cover was a curveball...

115Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:29 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Yeah I was like "oh crap" for a second there, I think that would have been awesome! Unfortunately the cover kinda made things somewhat predicable...but when I saw Sinestro trying to take Parallax I was hoping the cover was a curveball...

It's still cool to see Parallax Hal back though. It was a great sequence of panels at the end

116Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:29 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Yeah I was like "oh crap" for a second there, I think that would have been awesome! Unfortunately the cover kinda made things somewhat predicable...but when I saw Sinestro trying to take Parallax I was hoping the cover was a curveball...

It's still cool to see Parallax Hal back though. It was a great sequence of panels at the end

117Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Agreed. I wonder what will release him from Parallax...something White Lantern related perhaps? Wink

118Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:31 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Agreed. I wonder what will release him from Parallax...something White Lantern related perhaps? Wink

Maybe. Or maybe the battle with Spectre will weaken Parallax enough for Hal to take back control. Or maybe Sinestro will step in and actually demand Parallax to obey him (as the head Lantern of fear)

119Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:37 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Agreed. I wonder what will release him from Parallax...something White Lantern related perhaps? Wink

Maybe. Or maybe the battle with Spectre will weaken Parallax enough for Hal to take back control. Or maybe Sinestro will step in and actually demand Parallax to obey him (as the head Lantern of fear)

That would be cool. I wonder what will happen with Sinestro after Blackest Night. A lot of his concerns and hatred for the Guardians have been validated. He'd be one hell of a force for good, if he weren't such a fascist. lol

120Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:40 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:That would be cool. I wonder what will happen with Sinestro after Blackest Night. A lot of his concerns and hatred for the Guardians have been validated. He'd be one hell of a force for good, if he weren't such a fascist. lol

I have a feeling the "new guardians" will play a role in policing the galaxy under a shaky truce. But eventually that power will get to Sinestro's head which wont end well

121Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I have a feeling the "new guardians" will play a role in policing the galaxy under a shaky truce. But eventually that power will get to Sinestro's head which wont end well

Yeah I could definitely see that. Not to mention Atrocious's rabid hatred of Sinestro and Hal. He's played nice for now but I gotta imagine that won't last very long.

122Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Yeah I could definitely see that. Not to mention Atrocious's rabid hatred of Sinestro and Hal. He's played nice for now but I gotta imagine that won't last very long.

Yeah, probably not. And then there's always Larfleeze as well.. 'nuff said. Laughing

123Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Yeah, probably not. And then there's always Larfleeze as well.. 'nuff said. Laughing
S'mine! Laughing

124Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:31 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS!

I am so freaking psyched for this!

brightest day!

125Green Lantern - Page 5 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Tom

Tom