Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 15]

76Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:48 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

GL #49

Excellent filler? This issue of Green Lantern does nothing more than let us know what's going on with John Stewart in both mental and physical states. He's obviously not as effected by the sight of these Black Lanterns as many of the other characters involved in the storyline. He's a marine, damn it. He's going to do what it takes to conquer his mission. Of course when you're dealing with the undead, it's not so easy. And if it were easy there'd be no GL #49.

And it's nice to see the highly overlooked Stewie doing his thing, conquering his monsters, if you will. It's just that, while a nice little character study with some terrificly smooth Benes art and terrific mid-splash page, there's not a whole lot to it. Stewart deserved this issue, fans deserved to know his current status. So with Kyle coming "back" and Guy "turning Red," we get a breather from Hal who's been more than dominating in appearance as of late.

Then of course Blackest Night #6 is out Wednesday and Hal'll make us forget about these last 2 weeks.

The last part of this story is the "origin of Nekron" and I'm while it was a nice addition to otherwise thin story, I'm not sure it made any sense. It's fun and takes us away from Xanshi, so that's fine.

3.5/5 - This is a strong 3.5. Just can't give it a 4 when I know it's not going to be that memorable even a week from now.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

77Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:38 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed this issue, I love John Stewart, he's probably my favorite GL next to Kyle.

78Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:39 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #49 was probably my least favourite BN issue so far. I don't think the John Stewart story really had much to it except to tell us he's got his emotions in check enough to not be as heavily affected as a lot of other characters. Apart from that there wasn't much there at all. The flashbacks were basically an unoriginal and uninspired Blackhawk Down rip off with awful art (just look at the scenes where he's viewing the people taking his buddy's body through his gun sight as an example).

The second story contained what I often hate in comics which was a whole lot of exposition from a villain who really has no reason to explain everything.

79Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:03 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue $49 was okay. I'm not going to say I liked it very much because I didn't, but it did at least give us some information as to what John Stewart has been up to during BN. He's kinda been shoved to the sidelines so it is nice he's back.

It's becoming more apparent that people really need to read Green Lantern in conjunction with Blackest Night. If you hadn't read this issue Blackest Night #6 might have had a few slightly confusing moments.

80Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:59 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #50 cover:
Green Lantern - Page 4 Gl_50

And some preview art:
Spoiler:

yes

81Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:05 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern has had some consistently great artists on it, but damn I love me some Benes pencils. His art combined with the coloring really made the constructs pop. I'd be a happy camper if he stays on for awhile

82Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Green Lantern has had some consistently great artists on it, but damn I love me some Benes pencils. His art combined with the coloring really made the constructs pop. I'd be a happy camper if he stays on for awhile
NOOOO Doug Mahnke FTW!
Green Lantern - Page 4 Bln_0p14_15

Wink

83Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:NOOOO Doug Mahnke FTW!
Wink

Hey, I dont disagree. I mean, we've had Van Scriver, Reis, and Mahnke which needless to say has been a stellar lineup. But yeah, I'm glad to see Benes joining that roster and hopes he stays put for a bit. I dont think he will, I have a feeling this was a one time deal. But a guy can hope Wink

84Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Green Lantern - Page 4 1060295_ful

Jim Lee Variant cover = beautiful

85Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:03 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Green Lantern #50 cover:

Not liking this cover @ all. shake my head
Hal looks like a 50 yr old man.

86Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:09 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ It looks like he's possessed by Paralax (sp?) again.

87Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:Not liking this cover @ all. shake my head
He's supposed to. Its the psychotic Parallax Hal...

Green Lantern - Page 4 Greenl50

88Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:45 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Green Lantern #50 cover:

And some preview art:
Spoiler:

yes
That cover looks awesome. I cannot wait for this. It's going to rock on so many levels.

Tom wrote:Green Lantern - Page 4 1060295_ful

Kick ass cover.

89Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw this on another site and had to post it:

Green Lantern - Page 4 Orange_Muppet_Corp_by_Parallel1980

90Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That is fantastic. I LOVE it!

91Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:

That is fantastic. I LOVE it!

I love this cover. It's amazing.

92Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:34 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Tom wrote:Not liking this cover @ all. shake my head
He's supposed to. Its the psychotic Parallax Hal...

That would be my ignorance in GL history showing. Wink
Thanks for the heads up.

93Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:24 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#50 was damn good.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

94Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #50

Really great issue. It was cool to see all the Corps react and work together with their deputies (or fight in the case of Lex and Larfleeze lol). I was surprised to see how well Atrocious and Mera worked together, wasn't expecting that. Then of course the battle with Spectre was insane. We even briefly saw Hal as a Black Lantern. I'm not too thrilled with Hal becoming Parallax again, but we'll see how it plays out, hopefully its brief. But the real star of this issue wasn't Geoff Johns, it was Doug Mahnke. Some of these pages were just stunning to look at, from the facial emotions and the creepyness of BL Spectre. It really carried the issue.

95Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Although, I still wonder how the heck Blackest Night will ultimately be collected. You clearly have to read a good deal of these Green Lantern issues along with the main Blackest Night series to get a full story. Like will Hal just show up as Parallax in Blackest Night #7, how would that make sense if you're just reading the main title?? The same thing happened with BN #5 when all the different Corps were suddenly shown together because everything happened in GL #48. Should be interesting to see how they collect this.

96Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #50

This was the definition of kick ass.

I loved Larfleeze in this issue. His reaction to Lex getting a ring was fantastic. And Atrocitus’ pride in Mera was great and unexpected.

Mahnke’s art was FANTASTIC. That shot of Hal sledgehammering the Spectre’s jaw was beautiful.

One of the things I'm loving about Blackest Night (particularly the stuff Johns is writing) is how it all fits together so well. This issue fit perfectly with both the last Blackest Night issue and the second issue of the BN: Flash mini. You really get the feel that all this is happening at once/collectively.

Bigtymin504 wrote:Although, I still wonder how the heck Blackest Night will ultimately be collected. You clearly have to read a good deal of these Green Lantern issues along with the main Blackest Night series to get a full story. Like will Hal just show up as Parallax in Blackest Night #7, how would that make sense if you're just reading the main title?? The same thing happened with BN #5 when all the different Corps were suddenly shown together because everything happened in GL #48. Should be interesting to see how they collect this.

I'm sure they'll just have a hardcover (and eventually softcover) of the main series and then one for the BN Green Lantern stuff, and then one for BN Green Lantern Corps. It'll just be up to the reader to get them all to get the full story.

I'm kinda thinking that Hal as Parallax will just be in the GL book. I doubt we'll see him in the main BN series.

97Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:10 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Although, I still wonder how the heck Blackest Night will ultimately be collected. You clearly have to read a good deal of these Green Lantern issues along with the main Blackest Night series to get a full story. Like will Hal just show up as Parallax in Blackest Night #7, how would that make sense if you're just reading the main title?? The same thing happened with BN #5 when all the different Corps were suddenly shown together because everything happened in GL #48. Should be interesting to see how they collect this.

I'm sure they'll just have a hardcover (and eventually softcover) of the main series and then one for the BN Green Lantern stuff, and then one for BN Green Lantern Corps. It'll just be up to the reader to get them all to get the full story.

I'm kinda thinking that Hal as Parallax will just be in the GL book. I doubt we'll see him in the main BN series.

Actually, I can kind of see Blackest Night being gathered into an Absolute edition, with the core titles comprising the story. Probably won't include the satellite titles, however, as they don't seem to be impacting the main story in ways that are immediately visible.

98Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:30 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of # 50 is up on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=18447

Spoiler: I liked it. A lot.

99Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Yep, another issue of unmitigated Awesomeness, man, Black Lantern Specter was all sorts of fun, all of the interactions between all of the new members of each Corps were great, Doug Mahnke absoultely killed another issue and even though it was on the cover seeing Hal'alax again was pretty nifty, next issue of GL should be awesome.

Geoff Johns just knows how to please the fans plain and simple, every time I get one of the GL or BN books it's usually the first thing I grab, although X-Factor usually draws my hand pretty strongly as well, lol.

100Green Lantern - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Actually, I can kind of see Blackest Night being gathered into an Absolute edition, with the core titles comprising the story. Probably won't include the satellite titles, however, as they don't seem to be impacting the main story in ways that are immediately visible.

I see that happening too, but I don't see it happening for a while. I think the three main series (BN, GL, GLC) will be collected into separate trades and then eventually an Absolute edition will come out collecting everything. That way they can make more money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum