Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 15]

276Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I'm pretty sure at this point I know who's collecting the entities.

Spoiler:
That's who I thought it was as well. I have been waiting for his return and it would kick so much a$$ if that is indeed who it is.

277Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:14 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't wait for the next issue. Larfleeze is just awesome.

278Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What I am enjoying are the entities. I want to see more of them and who they decide to take as a host. It should be pretty interesting.

279Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:33 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When you think about it, Hector Hammond is a really freaky, messed up character. Just the whole look of him. He really is downright bizarre.

Bigtymin504 wrote:Green Lantern #56

This was one of the best recent issues of GL. Larfleeze is a freakin hoot! I loved how he was writing a letter to Santa Laughing Then the stuff with Hector Hammond was quite interesting, especially that last page! Not to mention the short bit with Saint Walker and the Hope entity...

jaydee74 wrote:Another great issue. I am loving Larfleeze because like all of the other new Lanterns, he's not just a one-dimensional character. I feel there is a lot to him and I am looking forward to the Christmas special issue with Larfleeze's search for Santa. The stuff with Hector Hammond was awesome but I loved the Saint Walker/Question stuff. I love Saint Walker. My favorite new Lantern. I need more stuff with him. He's that awesome. Can't wait for the next issue with more entities.

Totally with you guys and your comments above. Whenever Larfleeze turns up there's good comedy value but I don't find it ludicrous. It comes across to me like Larfleeze actually has a sense of humour. It would be so easy to make him look silly instead he comes across as a character with his own quirky sense of humour. Such good writing from Johns. I loved the line at the end "You asked me how I trapped the entity in my lantern? To tell you the truth, it was a bit tricky". Laughing That's great understated humour.

I also loved the scene with Renee Montoya and Saint Walker. Can you imagine how tough it would be to bury someone you loved again? It would re-open all the wounds. I really like Saint Walker's optimism.

superdoug wrote:I'm pretty sure at this point I know who's collecting the entities.

Spoiler:

I think most of us are thinking that now.

280Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #56

This was just fantastic.

The art was gorgeous.

Like most, I LOVE Larfleeze. The more I see of him the more I love him. Him writing to Santa was hilarious.

281Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:39 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved 56. Larfleeze getting focus in another arc is greatness. I love him.

282Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked how when Hal was telling Larfleeze he shouldn't be on Earth, that he should go home, there was the construct of all the planets and it said "you are here" with an arrow. It was a nice little touch.

283Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:34 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I noticed that. I liked that as well. I'm also interested in Larfleeze's flashbacks/backstory.

284Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:36 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#57 was good, but needed more Larfleeze.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

285Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:16 pm

Mr. Slade

Mr. Slade
Cadet
Cadet

His line at the end of #57 made me laugh.

286Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #57 was great as usual. The more I see of Larfleeze the more I love him (and I loved him to begin with).

Mr. Slade wrote:His line at the end of #57 made me laugh.

Me too.

287Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:33 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Larfleeze steals the show every month

288Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:32 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Issue #57 was great as usual. The more I see of Larfleeze the more I love him (and I loved him to begin with).

Me too.
That was classic!

comicgeekelly wrote:Larfleeze steals the show every month
And Hal becomes more and more of a supporting character in his own book. It's interesting the way this book is going.

I didn't mind #57 but something felt a little lacking for me. I don't know - I just kind of feel like Johns is taking a little too long to build this storyline.

289Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:52 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Due to the Jewish Holidays I didn't get my comics last week. I will be reading it this week though. Can't wait.

290Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:11 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Larfleeze Christmas Special confirmed!

Green Lantern - Page 12 Gl-larfleeze-xmas2010

He better be good. As JLA readers know, Santa's got heat vision.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

291Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:18 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^^^ YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

292Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

rwe1138 wrote:Larfleeze Christmas Special confirmed!

Green Lantern - Page 12 Gl-larfleeze-xmas2010

He better be good. As JLA readers know, Santa's got heat vision.

I would buy that just for the cover

293Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dammit! I love this issue. Larfleeze is such an outstanding character. Geoff Johns writes this guy to his most awesomeness. His last line of this issue was brilliant. I am interested in what is going to happen with Carol now that she is Queen of the Sapphires. I think it's pretty interesting and I am liking her a lot as a character. I just can't stand the whorish costume. Just a pet peeve of mine. Other than that, I enjoyed this book so much and looking forward as always to the next issue. I want more Saint Walker.

294Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:33 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

yeah I am looking forward to St Walker showing up again as well. I was thinking that the other day, "Is he still by the graves? what is he up to now?"

295Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Issue #57 was great as usual. The more I see of Larfleeze the more I love him (and I loved him to begin with).

Me too.
That was classic!

comicgeekelly wrote:Larfleeze steals the show every month
And Hal becomes more and more of a supporting character in his own book. It's interesting the way this book is going.

I didn't mind #57 but something felt a little lacking for me. I don't know - I just kind of feel like Johns is taking a little too long to build this storyline.

Kinda agree. I liked this issue but things do seem a bit all over the place right now jumping from entity to entity. But Larfleeze was gold as usual. Laughing

As far as Hal being more a supporting character goes, I actually think he's been like that for most of this Johns' GL run. This book has always been more of an ensemble book about the GL mythos then a pure Hal solo book. And maybe its just me, but Hal's never resonated with me as a big time solo hero like Batman, Spidey, Supes, Cap, etc. I feel like there's nothing distinctive or incredibly interesting about him or his personality. That's just my take.

296Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:01 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:And maybe its just me, but Hal's never resonated with me as a big time solo hero like Batman, Spidey, Supes, Cap, etc. I feel like there's nothing distinctive or incredibly interesting about him or his personality. That's just my take.

I disagree. I think the difference between Hal and those other people is that while he suffered a tragedy like the others, he's made a certain peace with it, therefore he doesn't get broody. He's a guy that embraces life, and let's face, with an entertainment industry fueled by violence and suggestive themes, people like Hal sometimes get looked over. But I completely believe he has his own personality that sets him apart from others

297Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:47 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:And maybe its just me, but Hal's never resonated with me as a big time solo hero like Batman, Spidey, Supes, Cap, etc. I feel like there's nothing distinctive or incredibly interesting about him or his personality. That's just my take.

I disagree. I think the difference between Hal and those other people is that while he suffered a tragedy like the others, he's made a certain peace with it, therefore he doesn't get broody. He's a guy that embraces life, and let's face, with an entertainment industry fueled by violence and suggestive themes, people like Hal sometimes get looked over. But I completely believe he has his own personality that sets him apart from others
Absolutely. Hal is someone who can think of a plan on the fly. He's got charisma, he's got heart and he's got determination. I've always liked Hal and since #1 of this series, the book has mainly been about Hal. I do like the new status quo though.

298Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:32 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Sort of glad the Larfleeze in Vegas thing was never turned into a gimmicked and allowed more room for other plot threads. With Mahnke's dreamy art, this just happens to be the best Green Lantern in some time.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

299Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read the latest, pretty good, but could've been better.

300Green Lantern - Page 12 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Very astute analysis, D. He is different in that he's not a brooder like Batman, a self-loather like Spidey, or a perfect "boy scout" like Supes and Cap. I guess it ties into the whole "No Fear" theme of the GL mythos. Just for me personally, I never really saw anything special in Hal that separated him from the pack like a lot of the other big name heroes. I guess I never cared as much about his personal story like I do with the others I mentioned. And maybe its also the fact that he's one of many GLs that took away from his uniqueness...which might explain why I have similar feelings towards Flash whether it's Barry, Wally, etc. Although I do love the Green Lantern mythos as a whole, whereas I don't really care for the Flash mythos...hopefully Johns can change that with this new run.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum