Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your boxing style?

+17
Gojiratoho
Batman25JM
Nymn
LordD3r3k
Thundermatts
prescribeddrone
Spaced4SimonPegg
Aussiemandias
alucardbarnivous
Gandicles
Hannibal king
superdoug
Silent K
BlueMaxx
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
(._Y_.)
riv1
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What's your boxing style? Empty What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:48 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Boxer/Out-fighter

Heavyweight champion Muhammad AliA classic "boxer" or stylist (also known as an "out-fighter") seeks to maintain distance between himself and his opponent, fighting with faster, longer range punches, most notably the jab, and gradually wearing his opponent down. Due to this reliance on weaker punches, out-fighters tend to win by point decisions rather than by knockout, though some out-fighters have notable knockout records. They are often regarded as the best boxing strategists due to their ability to control the pace of the fight and lead their opponent, methodically wearing him down and exhibiting more skill and finesse than a brawler[citation needed]. Out-fighters need reach, hand speed, reflexes, and footwork.

Boxer/Puncher

A boxer-puncher is a well-rounded boxer who is able to fight at close range with a combination of technique and power, often with the ability to knock opponents out with a combination and in some instances a single shot. Their movement and tactics are similar to that of an out-fighter (although they are generally not as mobile as an out-fighter), but instead of winning by decision, they tend to wear their opponents down using combinations and then move in to score the knockout. A boxer must be well rounded to be effective using this style.

Brawler/Slugger

A brawler is a fighter who generally lacks finesse and footwork in the ring, but makes up for it through sheer punching power. Many brawlers tend to lack mobility, preferring a less mobile, more stable platform and have difficulty pursuing fighters who are fast on their feet. They may also have a tendency to ignore combination punching in favour of continuous beat-downs with one hand and by throwing slower, more powerful single punches (such as hooks and uppercuts). Their slowness and predictable punching pattern (single punches with obvious leads) often leaves them open to counter punches, so successful brawlers must be able to absorb substantial amounts of punishment. A brawler's most important assets are power and chin (the ability to absorb punishment while remaining able to continue boxing).

Swarmers/In-fighter

In-fighters/swarmers (sometimes called "pressure fighters") attempt to stay close to an opponent, throwing intense flurries and combinations of hooks and uppercuts. A successful in-fighter often needs a good "chin" because swarming usually involves being hit with many jabs before they can maneuver inside where they are more effective. In-fighters operate best at close range because they are generally shorter and have less reach than their opponents and thus are more effective at a short distance where the longer arms of their opponents make punching awkward. However, several fighters tall for their division have been relatively adept at in-fighting as well as out-fighting. The essence of a swarmer is non-stop aggression. Many short in-fighters utilize their stature to their advantage, employing a bob-and-weave defense by bending at the waist to slip underneath or to the sides of incoming punches. Unlike blocking, causing an opponent to miss a punch disrupts his balance, permits forward movement past the opponent's extended arm and keeps the hands free to counter. Some in-fighters have been known for being notoriously hard to hit. The key to a swarmer is aggression, endurance, chin, and bobbing-and-weaving.

Counter puncher

Counter punchers are slippery in the pocket defensive style fighters. They use their well rounded defence to avoid or block shots. When their opponent throws a punch they use their defense to avoid blows and then they return one. They mostly fight at a close range; but some counter punchers remain at the distance of an out fighter. To be successful using this style he or she must have well rounded overall skills, a sharp boxing brain, and while blazing speed isn't always necessary, good speed at the least is required.

I'm a brawler/slugger. This is of course assuming it was strictly a boxing match, i know in a fight things get crazy and other styles/factors come into play. But as far as boxing goes, that's definately my style...

2What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:57 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I too am a brawler/slugger.

Here's a pic of the right hand of doom!

What's your boxing style? Flex

Yeah I know Josh... douchebag pic. shake my head

3What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:04 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice pic!

4What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm a Swarmers/In-fighter. In martial arts fighting (my only frame of reference since I don't really box), I tend to be extremely aggressive. I don't like giving the other person t othink and force them to use instinct, which is flawed when the other person is thinking. When tired or after a long fight, I can see my style being more of a counter puncher, with an emphasis on distance.

5What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:13 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm Not-a-Boxer/Do-Pretty-Much-Anything-to-Win type of fighter. Laughing So, option "F" is my style. Heh.

6What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:20 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I try to be funny and friendly so that know one wants to fight me.

Otherwise:

What's your boxing style? 2008_kung_fu_panda_002

7What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:22 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I try to be funny and friendly so that know one wants to fight me.

Otherwise:

What's your boxing style? 2008_kung_fu_panda_002

I'll pay you 1 dollar to lift your leg that high.

8What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

>Implying a dollar will cover the medical expenses of a dislocated hip

What's your boxing style? Hehh

Last edited by Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty on Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

9What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:26 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That last post is funnier than what i was gonna say!

10What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

(._Y_.) wrote:

I'll pay you 1 dollar to lift your leg that high.

Well-Played!

Owmyballs!

11What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:36 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

12What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:37 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My boxing style is bleeder/crier.

13What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I shift between counter/puncher to boxer/puncher after I size someone up.

14What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I'm Not-a-Boxer/Do-Pretty-Much-Anything-to-Win type of fighter. Laughing So, option "F" is my style. Heh.

Same here.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:>Implying a dollar will cover the medical expenses of a dislocated hip

No. Stop that.

Take your greentext and implications back to 4chan.

15What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:39 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:My boxing style is bleeder/crier.

Making your opponent faint at the sight of blood. Awesome.

Laughing

16What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:41 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:I'm Not-a-Boxer/Do-Pretty-Much-Anything-to-Win type of fighter. Laughing So, option "F" is my style. Heh.

Same here.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:>Implying a dollar will cover the medical expenses of a dislocated hip

No. Stop that.

Take your greentext and implications back to 4chan.

What's your boxing style? 1256003028343

17What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:42 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:My boxing style is bleeder/crier.
Ah. You just think you're wimpy. You're in Gandicle's and my fighting style, you just don't know it. Try biting, kicking shins, shoving someone down so that you can get on top of them, and then, of course, hitting them as much as possible before they take you down. Whether you win or lose that fight, you win, you know? They didn't walk away un-fucked up. Heh. Wink

18What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:59 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Puncher. When I use my hands for striking, I use boxing and wing chun. However, considering my abyssmal physical condition, I use wrestling and aikido whenever I can.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

19What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How about take as many hits as they can give you until they're exhausted and then fall on them?

20What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:09 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:How about take as many hits as they can give you until they're exhausted and then fall on them?

Homer Simpson would approve.

21What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:27 pm

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:

What's your boxing style? Haters10

22What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:03 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This has taken an interesting turn!

23What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:

What's your boxing style? Haters10

What's your boxing style? Hal2

Interesting....

24What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:15 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ya, that moose-knuckle will definitely haunt my dreams.

25What's your boxing style? Empty Re: What's your boxing style? Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:19 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:How about take as many hits as they can give you until they're exhausted and then fall on them?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum