Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Moon

+22
Astro13Zombie
Fresh03
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
Chi-Town Spidey
Ska
Rath99
Debaser77
MillionDollarGeek
LordD3r3k
Sandman
Thundermatts
Tom
prescribeddrone
(._Y_.)
Joshua
Administrator
Off_White_Lantern
Batman25JM
Goof
Spaced4SimonPegg
ChrisToPhenom
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:46 am

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Um, like...where to buy it?

http://www.jinx.com/men/shirts/geek/buffy_staked_edward.html

52New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:57 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goof wrote:
Um, like...where to buy it?

http://www.jinx.com/men/shirts/geek/buffy_staked_edward.html

Get two of them.

53New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:06 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

(._Y_.) wrote:It was about 1,000 times better than the first one. I actually enjoyed it. blush
It was better than the first one, but it was still pretty bad, IMO.

The only characters I can stand are the girl's dad, the future-seeing vampire chick, and the lead werewolf dude. Everyone else are assholes and/or bitches.

And Graham Greene dies off-screen! Booooo!

On the plus side, it did have Colossus, and he had way more to do than he did in X2 and X3 combined.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

54New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Well TDK still holds the record for opening weekend gross but New Moon smashed it's midnight and opening day records to pieces.

I'm still amazed by the fandom this series generates, seriously, I don't understand it one bit.

55New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:17 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MillionDollarGeek wrote:I swear to god I have never seen these many dirty look faces before. Before the movie started, we got in line and some of the dads were laughing and pointing at their daughters to look at the shirt. Others decided to just give us the stink eye. At the very end when we got out, this girl told us how awesome the shirt was and where did we get it from. Then proceeded to take a picture because she wanted to show it to all her Twihard friends. But here you go, for all to see...

New Moon - Page 3 100_1110

Dont you just love it?

Awesome!!! Twisted Evil

56New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:25 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, Eclipse is keeping the sh-t saga alive in 2010-it's already shot.

57New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Well, Eclipse is keeping the sh-t saga alive in 2010-it's already shot.
Was there every any doubt?

I really don't understand the hate the Twilight movies get. It's not like Twilight is the one bad movie in a sea of quality that's sullying the name of cinema, it's just the easiest target.

58New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:56 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:Well, Eclipse is keeping the sh-t saga alive in 2010-it's already shot.
Was there every any doubt?

I really don't understand the hate the Twilight movies get. It's not like Twilight is the one bad movie in a sea of quality that's sullying the name of cinema, it's just the easiest target.
I don't hate it-I haven't read any of it's books or movies yet. I hate the representation vampires are turning into but I'm hoping to find something good in it when I finally open up the Twilight novels.

59New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:It was about 1,000 times better than the first one. I actually enjoyed it. blush
NO! Mad

60New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:14 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well if you don't hate it yet, or if you do, or if you just want to see an improvement on the writing, this parody of the series The Most Popular Book in the Whole World is fucking hillarious.

http://xlormp.livejournal.com/13908.html

61New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:52 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

You know what, I think the hating is a bit much Rolling Eyes Anything that has my niece opening a book and keeps her interest is great with me.

62New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:15 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:You know what, I think the hating is a bit much Rolling Eyes Anything that has my niece opening a book and keeps her interest is great with me.
Good point.

63New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:23 pm

darth__frodo

darth__frodo
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

So if anyone is actually curious about how a "horribly written book" and "sparkling vampires" ever came to be, how 'bout you watch Stephenie Meyer's interview on Oprah. The whole story is told. In my own opinion, I respect the hell out of the author. If you watch the videos you might understand what I'm talking about.

Oprah Interview Part 1

Oprah Interview Part 2

I watched New Moon on Saturday and loved it. I think it was adapted well from the book. I agree that it was better than Twilight, but the moods for the books/ movies are all very different. I think this one incorporates Bella's depression very well into all of the acting and even the scenery. In fact, I loved the movie so much I'm going to see it again tomorrow with my brother. He refuses to read the books but enjoys the movies. He makes fun of them, as we all do because some of the acting is just silly or horrible, but they're still a great adaptation of the books.

64New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:41 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Well TDK still holds the record for opening weekend gross but New Moon smashed it's midnight and opening day records to pieces.
I'm still amazed by the fandom this series generates, seriously, I don't understand it one bit.
Thank Buddha it didn't surpass TDK. It made the record for the opening day and a midnight showing.

The_Donster wrote:You know what, I think the hating is a bit much Rolling Eyes Anything that has my niece opening a book and keeps her interest is great with me.
My niece, too. And, I used to think that, reading = good, but I've rethought that after the books I'm seeing her read now. She used to read books of substance, even if some were fiction, like the Harry Potter series. But she's reading other crud from the young adult section that is Paris Hilton-y now and many other things that ruin character and outlook of the world and the people in it. Superficiality, gossip over empathy, and all the other sociopath builders. Not to mention the face-value of the literature, which is poorly written, mind-numbing schlock that half-heartedly depicts classical themes as no more than an extension of the author's laziness. That isn't complete opinion, there's some fact. Any book written by a women that promotes the portrayal of a girl that is to do whatever a guy says, nonsensically confess their love towards someone even if they're not a good person for you or in general, to let yourself be used and abused because of nonsensical reasoning for said love, and so much more that is wrong with it that these kids enjoy. Now, don't get me wrong, no scapegoating b.s. from me. Freedom of speech all the way, yada yada yada... It is just sad to see so many young girls latch on to the idea of something nice through so much suggestive and unrealistic themes. "Unrealistic" towards the human-condition, I might want to put. I know it is about the fantastical. Heh. Again, don't get me wrong, I understand fantasy is meant for fun, even with the most guilty-pleasure concepts, but so, so many love this concept is the thing that bugs me. It is such a lazy, shoddy piece of literature that sets a bad example for the future of the medium. (And why not, the medium of film, too.)

65New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:03 am

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I don't get why people like this series. My cousin, a 38 year old Man, thought the first Twilight was a good movie...So I thought hmmm.. maybe I'll give it a shot. Well, I did and didn't like it..at all. The "acting" seemed bland to me...and the baseball sequence was just stupid as hell. Apparently these Vampires are just like snakes, if you get bit by one all it takes is for another vampire to come along and suck the "poison" out of you.

I don't "Hate" the movie...well Ok I do..I hate the Movie. But I don't hate people who like it...I just don't get why they do.

66New Moon - Page 3 Empty Re: New Moon Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:13 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

^^I think its just human nature KF. That and the internet and folks with too much time on their hands. On another board there is someone who knocks the new Star Trek because it rewrote previous history. Yet in another thread they are praising the new BSG and knocking a new movie based on the original BSG, which's the foundation the new BSG was built on Rolling Eyes I think sometimes folks should just lighten up. You don't like something, fine. I just don't think you need to constantly beat a dead horse to prove your point. Otherwise folks eventually tune you out Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum