Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

27 Club

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

127 Club Empty 27 Club Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:08 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I read an article in a newspaper a week or two ago about the infamous 27 Club (you know, all members are gifted musicians who died at that age). The article tried to find out the reasons for this, and at some point the writer talks about researches claiming that 27 is a premenopause age, when the body stops growing up and starts slowing down, beginning the process of getting old. After reading this and seeing the list accompanied to the article two things came up on my mind:

1. Obviously, I freaked out a bit. I'm now 27 and my health in the last 6 months wasn't that good, so the signs are there. I just needed to read that article to get scared.

2. Seeing the list of musicians and the causes of death, I thought: What the fuck are they trying to do here? 99% of these guys died from overdose, suicide, accident or other unnatural causes. They could blame it on bad luck, or check out the psychological affects of being a successful musician at the peak of career at this certain age, a life that leads to abuse of various substances and/or depression. But physiological changes? That's too much of a stretch. So then I calmed a bit and realized I don't have that kind of lifestyle. Besides, I'm not a musician, definitely not gifted in the field.

For a list of the 27 Club "members": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

227 Club Empty Re: 27 Club Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:25 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd like to join both the Mile High and 69 Club

http://realityfugitives.com/

327 Club Empty Re: 27 Club Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:25 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:I'd like to join both the Mile High and 69 Club

*Proud member of both.*

But now I'm just scared. I'm turning 27 next year and I've been feeling old lately. Sad Crying or Very sad

427 Club Empty Re: 27 Club Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:29 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:I'd like to join the Mile High Club.
Me, too. Not on planes that much, though. And I'd want it to be comfortable, not in a cramped, little bathroom. I wonder if it's tougher to get away with now?

The article: Think it is crap. I've heard that 35, roughly, is the average time for bone-growth to stop, so the rest of you will keep going long after that. It isn't like excercise and healthy eating won't effect your body positively after the fact. You're right, though, Tomer, those musicians are terrible examples. They're surrounded by excess due to richness and fame. They're put into more precarious situations with drugs/drinking and the all-over-the-place type of life.

527 Club Empty Re: 27 Club Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:51 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Esbat wrote:I'd like to join the Mile High Club.
Me, too. Not on planes that much, though. And I'd want it to be comfortable, not in a cramped, little bathroom. I wonder if it's tougher to get away with now?

The article: Think it is crap. I've heard that 35, roughly, is the average time for bone-growth to stop, so the rest of you will keep going long after that. It isn't like excercise and healthy eating won't effect your body positively after the fact. You're right, though, Tomer, those musicians are terrible examples. They're surrounded by excess due to richness and fame. They're put into more precarious situations with drugs/drinking and the all-over-the-place type of life.

I blazed through Tomer's post, I didn't notice the SCIENCE in it. No, I don't think there is any biological significance to the age 27. Like Blue said, 35 is more relevant, though more so in women than anything else though. In men, it's a bit different. cool

627 Club Empty Re: 27 Club Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:21 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
I blazed through Tomer's post, I didn't notice the SCIENCE in it. No, I don't think there is any biological significance to the age 27. Like Blue said, 35 is more relevant, though more so in women than anything else though. In men, it's a bit different. cool

If you did the math on this there is probably no more statistical increase for dying at this age then at any other age. If you think about how many musicians there have ever been that really isn't a lot. People just noticed it because of the fact that 4 of them died so close and they were all big names. Just a random coincedence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum