Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

IRON MAN 2

+54
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
kreepfan
Gojiratoho
vikoros
Chief Kamachi
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
dmahoney
Denim
Zeroskull21
azrael07
Sapphire Gypsy
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
DickGrayson007
Debaser77
potatojoe
dpool666
G_Zatara
Spazzy
Paroxysm
Warren_Worthington IV
TENIME_art
Foreigner_Man
Astro13Zombie
colossus1979
shark6495
jaydee74
Spider_Fan14
MikeSabian
riv1
Thundermatts
AlienIncognito
Fresh03
breatheasy
Batman25JM
Esbat
rwe1138
Joshua
supervenom
Sandman
Administrator
wickidchyld
ChrisToPhenom
Spaced4SimonPegg
shiky800
Silent K
Rath99
BlueMaxx
Nymn
MillionDollarGeek
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 16]

76IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:The link has an update saying she did reveal it will involve "law enforcement". Maybe she's a SHIELD agent?
Maria Hill perhaps? Wink

77IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:26 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:The link has an update saying she did reveal it will involve "law enforcement". Maybe she's a SHIELD agent?
Maria Hill perhaps? Wink

That would be pretty awesome.

78IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:21 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=9104

Iron man is auctioning off movie props... awesome

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

79IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:30 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i want a chest piece, sooooo bad

80IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:52 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New trailer!

F*** YEAH!!

81IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:10 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:New trailer!

F*** YEAH!!
HOLYBADASS!!!! And I knew as soon as I heard it that AC/DC's "War Machine would be used!

82IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:28 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Yay, more Sam Rockwell!

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

83IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

F*** YEAH!!
I came.

Twice.

84IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:03 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

F*** YEAH!!
man I wish it was May. looking sweet!

85IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Suitcase armor FTW! Very Happy

86IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:21 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

AHHHHHHHH!

Thought I'd give everyone's thoughts into one primal scream.

87IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:07 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Personally, I wasn't thrilled by the first trailer. This on the other hand is more like it! Very Happy Looks good, can't wait for the movie, all that stuff. And is it just me or does his suitcase armor look like the new upcoming Iron Man suit?

88IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:20 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:Personally, I wasn't thrilled by the first trailer. This on the other hand is more like it! Very Happy Looks good, can't wait for the movie, all that stuff. And is it just me or does his suitcase armor look like the new upcoming Iron Man suit?
I liked the first teaser that leaked, it was fun. But this one is a definite thumbs up to Favreau.

I'm betting the suitcase armor, which actually looks like it has a big ol'mechanical zipper in front, will be in the comics. Not a bad thing, seeing as how he has completely different armor all the time.

89IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Foreigner_Man wrote:Personally, I wasn't thrilled by the first trailer. This on the other hand is more like it! Very Happy Looks good, can't wait for the movie, all that stuff. And is it just me or does his suitcase armor look like the new upcoming Iron Man suit?
I liked the first teaser that leaked, it was fun. But this one is a definite thumbs up to Favreau.

I'm betting the suitcase armor, which actually looks like it has a big ol'mechanical zipper in front, will be in the comics. Not a bad thing, seeing as how he has completely different armor all the time.

I didn't hate it. Like you said, it was fun. It just didn't get me pumped like everyone else seemed to get. This, however, is just so much better. This has got me excited for the movie. I'm still worried about how mainstream audiences are going to deal with Whiplash..a lot of people are most likely going to laugh at a guy with laser whips.

Briefcase armor is also a bit silly..but the suit looks pretty awesome! Hopefully it comes of as cool instead of cheesy in the movie.

90IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:12 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote: I'm still worried about how mainstream audiences are going to deal with Whiplash..a lot of people are most likely going to laugh at a guy with laser whips.
Good point.

91IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:14 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well i think it the whiplash character will all be up to mickey R on how badass or laughable he is. if Mickey plays him tough and badass it will be awesome, no one who saw The Wrestler thought of him as a joke, so it could be done.... I have high hopes for him as a baddie

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

92IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:44 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I thought he looked threatening. I think the fact that, along with Whiplash being played by Rourke, that the rustic yet practical appearance of the tech helps. And, if at the end, the actual Whiplash armor, or likeness, pops up, the guady sleekness would be accepted by the audience, being that they've seen the progression. (As long as they don't go with the dominator look. Rolling Eyes Heh.)

93IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:22 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Everything I've seen from Mickey Rourke so far suggests that he will be an amazing villain.

Another thing that makes me so excited for this is the set up stuff for the Thor, Cap, and Avengers movies. I fully expect to see some really awesome links and dangling plot threads established in this film for the others. Perhaps some easter eggs and/or cameos too!

94IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:39 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Another thing that makes me so excited for this is the set up stuff for the Thor, Cap, and Avengers movies. I fully expect to see some really awesome links and dangling plot threads established in this film for the others. Perhaps some easter eggs and/or cameos too!
Oh, wow, I didn't consider that. Man, this is going to be great.

95IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:40 am

breatheasy

breatheasy
Cadet
Cadet

This second trailer seems to be selling comedy and light action, as opposed to the introspective, darker tones of the first trailer that was released back in December. I can't say I relish the idea of Tony Stark doing battle with a bunch of robots, but that's my problem for the moment. As I noted upon viewing the first trailer, the majority of the film certainly seems to be trying for a smaller-scale, more personal story, more akin to Spider-Man 2 than X2: X-Men United (most of the action beats come from the race-track attack and a smack-down/chase that feels like climactic material). Of course, Tony Stark isn't the sort of superhero who generally puts on his suit every night and looks for trouble, so the opportunities for action are somewhat limited. Regardless, if this means that the film will be a more honest look at the contradictory nature of Tony Stark's character-arc, then I'm all for it. But the footage on display seems to be avoiding any kind of gravitas or introspection, with the whole 'let's team up and destroy Iron Man' bit feeling like something out of Batman Forever. Granted, different trailers are cut for different moods, but I much prefer the character-driven moodiness of the first preview versus the overly peppy second one. I'm not saying that every comic book adaption should be as grim as The Dark Knight or Batman Returns (I'm the guy who likes Fantastic Four), but there is something off-putting about seemingly flaunting just how little is at stake behind the personal safety of your main character. As always, we'll see...

96IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:56 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Oh, wow, I didn't consider that. Man, this is going to be great.

Yeah man! And the fact that they didn't show any of that in the trailers so far makes me think they have some awesome stuff planned and don't want to ruin it.

97IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:54 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

breatheasy wrote: But the footage on display seems to be avoiding any kind of gravitas or introspection, with the whole 'let's team up and destroy Iron Man' bit feeling like something out of Batman Forever. Granted, different trailers are cut for different moods, but I much prefer the character-driven moodiness of the first preview versus the overly peppy second one. I'm not saying that every comic book adaption should be as grim as The Dark Knight or Batman Returns (I'm the guy who likes Fantastic Four), but there is something off-putting about seemingly flaunting just how little is at stake behind the personal safety of your main character. As always, we'll see...
I'm taking that as just taking the good side of clips, because, like you said, trailers kind of have to pic a vibe and stick with it due to length. The first one had many "lite" moments with Stark being Stark. (His ego is so intriguing. Laughing) I still felt the same way as I did when I saw Whiplash, this underground inventor from the old world of The Hammer and The Sickle. I'm wondering if Scarlotti won't evolve into Blacklash but Crimson Dynamo. Or, perhaps, that is what it is building up to for someone else.

Justin Hammers daughter, Crimson Cowl, helps to establish The Masters of Evil, but I don't think that'll play into The Avengers movie. But, we'll see.

98IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:05 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Random thoughts when re-watching the trailer:
1)The big bad machine Tony's playing with appears to have a triangular shape on it, about the same size as his chestpiece. It's safe to assume that he's making some new kind of new energy source, because we saw in the first trailer that the old chestpiece/energy source is running out and not keeping him alive.

2) Justin Hammer has a ring on his finger. Yeah, a lot of ppl have rings on their fingers, but Obadiah Stane had a ring on his finger and the terrorist guy had a ring on his finger. That's 3 rings out of 10.

99IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:21 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The ring thing is pretty astute. I'd guessed the ring connection with The Mandarin, but I think they're symbolic, not the alien-tech rings.

The chest-piece...Experimental Safe Armor or perhaps Prometheum Armor. They're definitely showing the miscellaneous armors of Iron Man in this second one. The suitcase armor makes me think of Extremis Armor. Oh, and I want my Hulk-Buster Armor!

100IRON MAN 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:24 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:Random thoughts when re-watching the trailer:
1)The big bad machine Tony's playing with appears to have a triangular shape on it, about the same size as his chestpiece. It's safe to assume that he's making some new kind of new energy source, because we saw in the first trailer that the old chestpiece/energy source is running out and not keeping him alive.
Extremis!

Foreigner_Man wrote:2) Justin Hammer has a ring on his finger. Yeah, a lot of ppl have rings on their fingers, but Obadiah Stane had a ring on his finger and the terrorist guy had a ring on his finger. That's 3 rings out of 10.
Nice catch! Hammer could be a member of this 10 Rings organization.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum