Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transformers Ongoing

+6
TENIME_art
tstrike99
The Ignored One
Mnemosis
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Loved issue #5. This book is great. I can't wait until the trade comes out so I can read the first two issues.

TENIME_art wrote:I love the series so far, but I saw this, and I thought it was hysterical, so I wanted to share. I'm putting it here, even though it can also apply to cartoons (*cough*Animated*cough*) or movies:

Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 How_to_write_Transformers_by_MachSabre

Laughing

That's awesome.

27Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read the first ish of the new series, I found it good but not the greatest thing I've read. The art was fantastic for the Autobots but the humans could be worked on. I hope there's more Autobots and Decepticons hiding and stuff but the humans VS Autobots are interesting too. The spread on the first couple pages was really cool. Was there something I should've read before this, like an issue #0 or something?

28Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I posted this on the main site/Kerouac's review, but I wanted to post it here too. I'm lazy and don't feel like typing something different Laughing

I loved Transformers #6. This series impresses me more and more each issue. I know almost nothing about the Transformers (aside from the Beast Wars and Beast Machines shows and the two live action movies), and that doesn’t matter. I hadn’t read a TF comic prior to issue #3 of this book, and I’ve had no problem enjoying this series. I think that’s a good indicator of it’s quality.

The art here is just amazing. When I look at the TF in the book it’s like my eyes are having orgasms.

Two questions. First, who is the friend of Optimus’ that died? And is there any word on when the first trade of this series is going to come out? I want to be able to read the first two issues.

29Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:10 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Ironhide died.

No idea on the trade.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

30Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Just read the first ish of the new series, I found it good but not the greatest thing I've read. The art was fantastic for the Autobots but the humans could be worked on. I hope there's more Autobots and Decepticons hiding and stuff but the humans VS Autobots are interesting too. The spread on the first couple pages was really cool. Was there something I should've read before this, like an issue #0 or something?

No zero issue that I remember. This IS based off of everything IDW has done before, so if you're wondering about the battles they refer to or stuff like that... you've got some catching up to do.

31Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:23 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Ignored One wrote:Ironhide died.

No idea on the trade.

Thanks. I was thinking it was Ironhide (someone may have even mentioned it to me before).

32Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:09 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:Just read the first ish of the new series, I found it good but not the greatest thing I've read. The art was fantastic for the Autobots but the humans could be worked on. I hope there's more Autobots and Decepticons hiding and stuff but the humans VS Autobots are interesting too. The spread on the first couple pages was really cool. Was there something I should've read before this, like an issue #0 or something?

No zero issue that I remember. This IS based off of everything IDW has done before, so if you're wondering about the battles they refer to or stuff like that... you've got some catching up to do.
Crap, It's gonna be alot of info isn't it?.

33Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:13 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Just posted this on the main site, but I thought it was worth saying here, too:

I asked Andy Schmidt - senior editor at IDW - when we'd see a trade of the first six issues. He said we could expect it around June.

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Crap, It's gonna be alot of info isn't it?.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=2365
http://panelsonpages.com/?s=IDW+Transformers

The first one covers the bulk of what IDW has done, the second is links to reviews of pretty much any of the books that I didn't catch in the main article.

That said, I highly recommend reading All Hail Megatron. It's out there, collected, in... three volumes, I think? It has the most impact on the current series and is some of the best storytelling. Still there ARE elements from the previous books that have been brought forward, but you SHOULD be able to get that information from Previously In...

34Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sat May 01, 2010 12:51 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Transformers #6

Positives:

-Don Figueroa listens to critics (maybe me haha) and actualizes some pretty decent backgrounds including an impressive sunset mountainside setting. His art on Transformers continues to be astounding. Even the human facial depections is improving. Kudos.

-Optimus Prime helps out but isn't "retconned" back into the fold. The saga continues despite his threshold over the Decepticons, particularly Swindle and the Constructicons.

-Bumblebee's rise towards leadership. He finally displays the puissant qualities needed to control these wacky alien robots. There's a moment towards the end of the book that Costa writes brilliantly: despite putting Magnus in his place, things will never come easy.

Negatives:

-Not many.

-The long-drawn out "inspiration" conversation between Spike and Optimus is a little drawn out, which admirably lengthens the comic, but doesn't come off nearly as emotionally-impactful as their previous communications.

-While Transformers has been a pleasure to read, there just seems to be something missing. Oh yeah, that's right: Megatron.

3.5/5 Rodimus Emotional Out Bursts - The creative team keeps the ball rolling.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

35Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun May 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now that I've read most of the books that came out this past week (at least of the books I get) I have to say that Transformers #6 was the book of the week for me.

I'm becoming obsessed with this book. I can't stop thinking about it's awesomeness. I can't wait for the first trade and for issue #7.

36Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun May 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Right?

37Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun May 02, 2010 11:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, it is just soooooo good. It's infected me with its awesomeness.

I have to thank you again for turning me on to this book. It's fantastic.

38Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun May 02, 2010 11:29 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

=D I have three goals.

1) Get people to read good books.
2) Get people to not read bad books.
3) ???
4) Profit

39Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun May 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

Well, I know that at least two of those goals have been accomplished with me.

40Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Mon May 03, 2010 8:59 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

haha I love IDW's take on GI Joe and Transformers right now...any coincidence Mike Costa's writing both books?

41Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Wed May 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-1-Mankind-Mike-Costa/dp/1600106846/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

42Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Wed May 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Sweet. I'm tingling in anticipation.

43Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Wed May 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Also, IDW is beginning to release collections of their TF run. The stories will be collected and presented in chronological order

44Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Thu May 06, 2010 12:04 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Awesome. I'll DEFINITELY have to check those out.

45Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Sun May 09, 2010 2:53 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

wish they did that originally...hate having to buy stuff twice...

46Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Tue May 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=23693

Two reviews for the price of one as Last Stand of the Wreckers wraps and Transformers rolls on!

47Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Tue May 25, 2010 7:48 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know, I really like this book, but how the faces of the Transformers are drawn bothers me.

48Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Tue May 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

When Figueroa does it? I kind of like it... it has a bit of the feel of the movie, while still being mostly true to the original series.

49Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Tue May 25, 2010 7:55 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just love the original designs. I don't hate how they look, but I'd like for them to look less like how they do in the movies.

50Transformers Ongoing - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Ongoing Wed May 26, 2010 6:45 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It looks like issue 7 was the answer to my gripes. This has to be my favorite issue of the series yet. Great art with the writing to back it up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum