Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The latest Wizard...

+31
LordD3r3k
Thundermatts
Sci-Fi
MillionDollarGeek
Spider_Fan14
Matt
kidspider2099
DickGrayson007
The_Donster
shining knight
dmahoney
Hannibal king
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
melvinlikechris
krpykrwly
(._Y_.)
TENIME_art
Joshua
Mnemosis
supervenom
Airwolf
richjohnston
Lee
riv1
Administrator
Silent K
BlueMaxx
potatojoe
The Ignored One
alucardbarnivous
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:30 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

ApolloMonkey?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

52The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:25 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

*cough*www.panelsonpages.com*cough*

http://www.leerodriguez.net

53The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:31 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Oh, ya. I always forget that there are a punch of full-contact, MMA sports trying to be UFC. There are still a good few, and will probably always be, now that I think about other sports.

potatojoe wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:^ What's the band? Linkin Park? That seems their style.

No, it's some scary girl band called Cruxshadows. Who?
neutral Who?

*looks up* Oh, I remember their faces. I remember thinking how they looked like an overly goth Mindless Self-Indulgence looking band.
Actually it's not a half bad band. Don't hate them cuz of Wizard!

54The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:42 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:Hey, remember when Chris Ward said the Message Boards weren't the only thing they were getting rid of? Bum bum bum...

I was told by a rep at CCC09 that the mag was gonna be over by next years CCC. I even posted this fact on wumb and it caused a shit storm of deleted threads and wizard people calling me a liar. Most kept quiet after I posted a screen cap of the PM sent to me by Andrew Serwin asking me to name the the person I spoke with
ooh, that's an odd coiencidence, i was thinking of dropping the mag next year.

55The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:25 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:
No, it's some scary girl band called Cruxshadows. Who?
neutral Who?

*looks up* Oh, I remember their faces. I remember thinking how they looked like an overly goth Mindless Self-Indulgence looking band.[/quote]Actually it's not a half bad band. Don't hate them cuz of Wizard![/quote]
Hrm. I never said I hated them, just pointed out that they look like MSI. MSI isn't a bad band. Can't say I'm a huge fan...have an album somewhere. Also, I will look up this band's sound to judge for myself. I'll be back. hmm

56The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:49 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I miss the old wizard mag where you can just read it for about a few weeks. Now its just 30 minutes and your done. The only reason I got my sub for this year was because Batman Hush Stealth Jumper Batman was free with the purchase.

By the way, I've thrown away all the wizard mags that I been getting lately. While the old ones I've kept around.

57The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:55 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

I was about to buy a Toyfare this week, grabbed it off the shelf and it seriously was the thickness of a pamphlet. WTF??

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

58The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:09 am

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Silent K wrote:
Matt wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:Hey, remember when Chris Ward said the Message Boards weren't the only thing they were getting rid of? Bum bum bum...

I was told by a rep at CCC09 that the mag was gonna be over by next years CCC. I even posted this fact on wumb and it caused a shit storm of deleted threads and wizard people calling me a liar. Most kept quiet after I posted a screen cap of the PM sent to me by Andrew Serwin asking me to name the the person I spoke with

Who were you on WUMB, Matt? ThunderMonkey or something like that?

monkeyhole... but thundermonkey is pretty damn good

59The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:20 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Thundermonkey was suspended, I think, by me. Good thing it's not you...

60The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:21 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Hell I bought their Gold Edition like a week ago and I still haven't taken it out of the package.

61The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:42 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It makes me sad to see Wizard going down hill like this. I have a lot of good memories of that mag. Like MillionDollarGeek said, it was something i could read over the span of weeks, to tide me over till my next visit to the Shop. i'd research new series i might want to get into, laugh at the letters and responses, enjoy the interviews...ah well. All good things, i guess.

62The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:11 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Thundermonkey was suspended, I think, by me. Good thing it's not you...
Yeah, Thundermonkey was a douchebag.

63The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Those subscription cards in magazines are called blowcards. That's true, and all I can contribute to this thread, since I haven't been a sucker and bought Wizard in a long long time.

64The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Those subscription cards in magazines are called blowcards. That's true, and all I can contribute to this thread, since I haven't been a sucker and bought Wizard in a long long time.
hehe, a blowcard for a mag that blows Laughing

65The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts wrote:Those subscription cards in magazines are called blowcards. That's true, and all I can contribute to this thread, since I haven't been a sucker and bought Wizard in a long long time.
Haven't bought it either since late '06, except for the golden issue #200.

My brother was with me today at the comic store and when I went through this month's Previews there was a solicit for issue #222 with the Lost cast on the cover. He asked if I'm going to buy it and I said: "Are you nuts?! NO WAY!" Then I told him about how slim it was and about the only four staffers still working on the mag etc. I looked for a recent issue on the rack just to show him the size of the magazine nowadays as opposed to issues I have from 5 years ago, but could barely find one.

66The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:05 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I picked up two copies of the issue /w the '09 costume contest only because my chitlins was in it.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

67The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:14 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blow card, huh? Did NOT know that....

68The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

krpykrwly wrote:I picked up two copies of the issue /w the '09 costume contest only because my chitlins was in it.
I'm sure Mark or the other guy would've had them sent to you. Or not...

I hate those blow cards. I used to keep them when I started buying Mad many years ago, but after awhile started shaking the issue every time I got home from the store with a copy, and dumped the cards in the trash. Same goes for Wizard.

69The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And now you just dump Wizard in the trash!

70The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, my divorce from Wizard Mag is final. By July of this year I will be dropping Wizard Magazine. I am tired by it's abuse of pictures over text and the staff's attitudes behind the Mag. Now'll I'll just have to spend my money on something else or save untill something decent comes.

71The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Spend money on something decent, eh?

Clicky and purchase!

http://www.leerodriguez.net

72The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:08 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've pretty much stopped buying comics outright. It's weird, too, as i've collected since i could read. But, i just don't like the stuff going on at the big 2. Their universes just don't thrill me. Moreso Marvel but, DC as well. Wizard was just the tip of the iceberg.

73The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:24 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Print media is going to shit. Did you guys see the size of Maxim these days? Sad. At least Playboy is maintaining it's girth somewhat. I don't even want to talk about the Wizard pamphlet.

74The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Wizard221
I thought I saw this cover? Wait, would it be March? 'Cause they're always ahead a month, yeah?

75The latest Wizard... - Page 3 Empty Re: The latest Wizard... Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:18 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I renewed my subscription because it's only $25, but I'm damn tired of reading about Marvel every month. Well, let me rephrase that.. I'm damn tired of opening the mag, seeing most of it devoted to Marvel and dropping it in the magazine bin next to the toilet barely to be picked up again every month.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum