Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Comic Book Day 2010

+30
JonSpangler
kidspider2099
Joshua
Batman25JM
LOOSECANNON
Spider_Fan14
shark6495
MikeSabian
Heytherejeffro
Tom
elijahdprophet
tstrike99
G_Zatara
potatojoe
jaydee74
hrdwrkngXsoldier
THALASTDRAGON
The Ignored One
Off_White_Lantern
AlienIncognito
Velociraptor DJ
Debaser77
Bigtymin504
shining knight
Denim
comicgeekelly
Rath99
krpykrwly
prescribeddrone
Administrator
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:32 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I've got my wife dressing up as lady Flash and hanging out all day at my LCS

27Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:55 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Gene Ha will be at a local library spreading the word and sketching, I will try to swing by there, as well as my LCS who usually have something up their sleeve.

To diverge a little, that War Of The Supermen cover is terrible. The anatomy is all wonked out.

28Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:34 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Texas Frightmare is going that day down here, so I may not make it to a comic shop.

I'm gonna zombie walk as zombie Deadpool, hopefully I'll be able to hit up a shop. Smile

29Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:59 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Free Comic Book Day sucked for me and I don't want any crappy comics that I'll just give away or throw away, I was fooled in 2008... but not anymore.

30Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:51 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
krpykrwly wrote:There are four comic shops in my town, one being DCBS' home office, so I usually manage a pretty decent haul of free comics.

Additionally, one of the shops has had a deal the last of coupole of years in that if you spend 10 bucks, you can pick out as many (select) back issues taht you want also for free. It's awesome.

How u have 4 comic shops in Fort Wayne? I live right by there and get my comics from there. I only know CLems and Books, Comics and Things.

Books, Comics and Things has two locations - 5936 West Jefferson, 2212 Maplecrest Road - Clem's, and DCBS - 6011 Highview.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

31Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:56 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Already read the Top Cow free comic, which leads into Artifacts. Good stuff.

32Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Big sale @ my LCS for FCBD.
Plus all the free books, so I'm gonna take my daughter and 2 nephews and let them pick out some books, while I enjoy the sales. Woo hoo!

33Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Like always, been to my LCS and its competition a block away. Haven't spent much time in any store like I usually do and the huge crowds scared me, but it's been a nice day (especially in light of some bad news I deal with since yesterday). In any event, I've got:

Bongo Comics Free-For-All 2010
Archaia's Mouse Guard/Fraggle Rock
Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog
Oni Press Free For All!
Asylum Press' Fearless Dawn #1
Fatagraphics' Weathercraft and Other Unusual Tales
Drawn & Quarterly's The John Stanley Library Grab-Bag
The Overstreet Guide to Collecting Comics
Love and Capes #13
Owly and Friends
Atomic Robo
IDW's Library of American Comics #1
Fractured Fables

Also bought the Marvel Romance Redux TP for cheap.

Only read Bongo Comics so far and as always, it's pretty good (more than the TV show...)

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

34Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll be rocking out with my Middle School Comic Book Club at my LCS (my weekend place of employment as well). We'll be fund raising, selling our comic and sketching all day, along with some guys like Mark McKenna, Bob Almond, and more! I'm stoked!

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

35Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:52 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll be at Jim Hanley's Universe where Jim Shooter and Dennis Calero will be signing and sketching.

36Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 9:34 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Rath99 wrote:I'll be at Jim Hanley's Universe where Jim Shooter and Dennis Calero will be signing and sketching.

cool

37Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 9:48 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Always looking forward to this!

38Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 10:41 am

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Picked up:

Dark Horse's Doctor Solar: Man of the Atom / Magnus: Robot Fighter
BlueWater Comics' Lady Gaga: Fame
Dynamite's Green Hornet
Marvel's Iron Man/Nova and Iron Man/Thor
Boom!Studios' Irredeemable
Archaia's Mouse Guard/Fraggle Rock
DC's War Of the Supermen
NEC Press' The Tick
Fantagraphic's Weathercraft, and other unusual tales
Radical's Welcome to the R Universe

39Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 12:50 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i picked up the gijoe book, green hornet, war of the supermen, love and capes, and irredeemable... i may have also dropped a certain panels on pages.com website to the people inside. we were talking about wizard and well you all know how those convos start and end

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

40Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My LCBS has a four books a customer policy for it's first FCBD and I picked up;
Iron Man/Thor
Mouse Guard/Fraggle Rock (I didn't realize FR was there in it, I bought it only for Mouse Guard)
Irredeemable/Inncoruptable
The Tick

I didn't like the Iron Man/Thor too much, mostly the plot was kinda bad to me. The Mouse Guard was cool but I don't really care for Fraggle Rock. Irredeemable/Incorruptable was good but not great (Didn't like the kiling of a baby in Irredeemable). The Tick was my favorite because of the black and whit scratchy art. They also had some cake for refreshments but I didn't eat any since I didn't have my lunch. I also treated myself to some comics as everything was 15% off and the Infinite Crisis Superboy action figure since I've been craving it after reading the Adventure Comics Blackest Night tie-in with Superboy Prime.

41Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 5:33 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So is Iron Man/Thor irrelevant story wise?

42Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 5:49 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Free comic Day sucked ass this year at my LCS Books, Comics and Things in Fort Wayne. Last year they set up a card table with the fcbd comics and if u bought $10 in merch u could take as many comics from a bunch of long boxes. Mostly 90's comics but it was a great deal and kept me reading for months.

This year they set up a card table with the FCBD comics and u could get your choice of 1. I wont bother next year.

43Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 7:02 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

My LCS gave me all the free comics I needed on Wednesday...

-Dr. Solar (heard so much about this...)
-Iron Man/Thor
-War of the Supermen
-2 copies of GI Joe (1 for a coworker)
-Amazing Spider-Man: Grim Hunt: The Kraven Saga

The only sales going on around here are 50% off all back issues...but I don't really need anything so I didn't go anywhere today.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

44Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I got:

Iron Man/Thor
War of the Supermen #0
GI Joe

That's all I wanted. I could have gotten more (my LCS let's regular customers get as many as they want), but honestly, I just didn't care about any of the other ones. I almost got the Sonic the Hedgehog book, but I decided I didn't need it.

My LCS was also giving away the Green Lantern/Blackest Night rings they had left. So I got another GL ring, 3 more black rings, one more indigo ring, and one more violet ring. Now I have at least 2 of every ring that's come out.

45Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 7:24 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

One story about an hour and a half away had 50% off everything! Status, toys, dvd's, hardcovers and trades (he has a solid, well-stocked selection of new and old, including Omnibus), back issues, t-shirts, etc. etc. etc. Not to mention unlimited free comic book day books and free hot dogs with a special sauce...haha...

I wanted to go LAST year, but this year, I just spent $350 at Boston Comic Con, and purchased some trades via the Borders 40% off coupon, so I didn't feel the 3 hours of driving to that store was necessary.

There's always next year.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

46Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 7:26 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My LCS was giving out 4 free books per person so I got eight because my mom came with me. When we arrived there was a line outside the door waiting for free comics. I thought that was kinda cool until I noticed how many people walked out without actually buying anything. I'd like to know how many people are comic readers for one day a year.

47Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sat May 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had a blast at Zeus Comics in Dallas. As usual they had artists set up and doing sketches for people, hopefully I'll have the ones I got uploaded tomorrow. Since Scott Kurtz is moving to Seattle soon, today was a going away party of sorts for him, and it was a lot of fun. While I don't have any of the sketches I got uploaded yet, I didn't manage to snag a couple of pictures of two different pieces that James O'Barr did in front of me and then sold. They're quite magnificent.
Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Obarr_surfer
Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Obarr_shadow

48Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sun May 02, 2010 12:02 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

My LCS had a 4 book limit on the freebies.
And a great sale: 40% off all busts/action figures/hard covers & trades.

I finally got minimates and all the Green Lantern trades I was missing.
Man... I have A LOT of reading to do.

49Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sun May 02, 2010 12:28 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didnt think I'd make FCBD with Frightmare going on.

I stopped by Lone Star Comics in Plano on the way home and was awarded a $20 gift certificate for best costume. (I was still in my horror duds)

I didnt even know they were having a costume contest Smile

50Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Sun May 02, 2010 12:33 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's too bad Lone Star gift cards don't spend at other stores. Wink Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum