Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Comic Book Day 2010

+30
JonSpangler
kidspider2099
Joshua
Batman25JM
LOOSECANNON
Spider_Fan14
shark6495
MikeSabian
Heytherejeffro
Tom
elijahdprophet
tstrike99
G_Zatara
potatojoe
jaydee74
hrdwrkngXsoldier
THALASTDRAGON
The Ignored One
Off_White_Lantern
AlienIncognito
Velociraptor DJ
Debaser77
Bigtymin504
shining knight
Denim
comicgeekelly
Rath99
krpykrwly
prescribeddrone
Administrator
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Tue May 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

This guy's a comic book professional, we'll ask him:

"Hey, who's this supposed to be?"
"Uhhhh... the Flash?"

77Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Tue May 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
And for the first in a very long time, Joshua, we disagree on something. Our store frequently runs sales, and in this economic downturn, our business is booming (I've work 1 day a week since February, and I just got a bonus in my paycheck because we're doing so well). If records are on sale, the record people come in, and remember to come back. I know it contradicts the "if it's always special, it's never special" concept, but trust me, the frequent sales, email offers, etc... are a very good thing for comic stores.
The problem with frequent sales, as I see it, has less to do with it not being special and more to do with selling product at so low a price you're not making enough money to run a business. Now if you say your store is doing well with frequent sales, obviously I can't dispute that, but I do wonder if all stores who run frequent sales experience the same kind of business. I'm not saying stores should never have sales, as they're a good way to bring in new customers, but the problem that I see with frequent sales is that you'll develop a customer base that only shops when there is a big sale going on. Of course, a lot of this depends on location and customer traffic. Frequent sales may work for one area while they may kill another.

78Free Comic Book Day 2010 - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Comic Book Day 2010 Wed May 05, 2010 9:04 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Heytherejeffro wrote:
And for the first in a very long time, Joshua, we disagree on something. Our store frequently runs sales, and in this economic downturn, our business is booming (I've work 1 day a week since February, and I just got a bonus in my paycheck because we're doing so well). If records are on sale, the record people come in, and remember to come back. I know it contradicts the "if it's always special, it's never special" concept, but trust me, the frequent sales, email offers, etc... are a very good thing for comic stores.
The problem with frequent sales, as I see it, has less to do with it not being special and more to do with selling product at so low a price you're not making enough money to run a business. Now if you say your store is doing well with frequent sales, obviously I can't dispute that, but I do wonder if all stores who run frequent sales experience the same kind of business. I'm not saying stores should never have sales, as they're a good way to bring in new customers, but the problem that I see with frequent sales is that you'll develop a customer base that only shops when there is a big sale going on. Of course, a lot of this depends on location and customer traffic. Frequent sales may work for one area while they may kill another.
Selling things at 40% off still will net you a profit in the long run. We are a bit of a destination spot, so I see that it might not apply to the same rules as other stores, and I see where, if you're a smaller store without foot-traffic, it might be rough.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum