Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taylor "Supergirl" Swift?

+11
Chi-Town Spidey
TENIME_art
ChrisToPhenom
Thundermatts
Spaced4SimonPegg
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Joshua
Airwolf
BlueMaxx
Administrator
colossus1979
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The DC source said: "None, Pretty funny though, but no truth whatsoever. I'd love to know who the 'hollywood insider' is, because that's as clueless a thing as I've heard all year."

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

27Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:19 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:her standing as the "it girl" (which stems mostly...from her being white

Wow...that's racist... huh

That's not racist, just common knowledge and common sense.

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Taylor Swift as Supergirl? It may not be true but when I look at the picture below, she definitely has the face and body appeal as Kara. Laura Vandervoort does an excellent job as Kara Zor-El already but Taylor wouldn't be bad either if only she can act and work out a bit...and maybe eat a few burgers. She was alright on CSI's "Turn, Turn, Turn" and we're yet to see her progress on Valentine's Day.

I don't know about the rest of you all but seeing them side by side doesn't make me sick at all. Has anyone seen her straight hairstyle now? She doesn't look bad in it which would be good for Supergirl. Of course, we're pretty sure this is fake but I'm just being reasonable.

Is that another term for looking at things through rose-tinted glasses? Rolling Eyes

Think what you want, but honestly, you can line up practically any girl with that frame and get the same result. Throw a little blonde in their hair for effect. In any case, I think she's ugly, body and face and too far so for such a role. Moreover, the idea of giving a job to someone because they are a famous singer while there are more deserving actors out there, known and unknown is pretty silly. I know it's fake and all, but speaking on principle and such.

Spider-Man wrote:The DC source said: "None, Pretty funny though, but no truth whatsoever. I'd love to know who the 'hollywood insider' is, because that's as clueless a thing as I've heard all year."

*rejoices*

28Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:33 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd hit it....guilty

29Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:24 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I'd hit it....guilty

Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 1258148447331

Shame shame, Bigtymin. Shame. Laughing

30Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:28 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:

I'm not proud of it. don't know

31Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:53 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

I'm not proud of it. don't know

shake my head Laughing

32Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:22 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Joshua wrote:I'm not familiar with Taylor Swift, so maybe I'm speaking out of turn, but is it confirmed that she's a terrible actress? I'm not going to start rallying for her casting, but it seems a bit much to start making false threats of suicide.

My wife and I were at the grocery store day before yesterday trying to insure that we didn't have to go back until waay after the holidays and I told her about the Swift-Supergirl rumor. The first words out of her mouth were, can she act? Since I've only seen her on SNL, I really couldn't give a good response. Which is probable why I'm with Joshua on this one. Yes, it's probable a hoax and wishful thinking on someone's part, but I think too often folks jump the gun and slam someone. Let's remember, not alot of people thought RDJ could pull off Tony Stark on the big screen. I'm still convinced he could make a turd taste like chocolate. That's why I'll be taking my wife to see Sherlock Holmes, even though I have my reservations on the movie Wink

33Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:08 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is that another term for looking at things through rose-tinted glasses? Rolling Eyes

Think what you want, but honestly, you can line up practically any girl with that frame and get the same result. Throw a little blonde in their hair for effect. In any case, I think she's ugly, body and face and too far so for such a role. Moreover, the idea of giving a job to someone because they are a famous singer while there are more deserving actors out there, known and unknown is pretty silly. I know it's fake and all, but speaking on principle and such.

I'm not looking through anything nor do I want Taylor Swift as Supergirl-I'm putting the resources together to bring the picture out than just bashing an odd topic even if it's a rumor. I agree with you %100 about casting an unknown actress as Supergirl but what I said above was just pure fantasy-there's many threads here where people chose their actor and actresses in an upcoming film so me you and everyone else are no different.

34Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:29 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

She looks like a female version of Napoleon Dynamite.

35Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:40 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:

I'm not looking through anything nor do I want Taylor Swift as Supergirl-I'm putting the resources together to bring the picture out than just bashing an odd topic even if it's a rumor. I agree with you %100 about casting an unknown actress as Supergirl but what I said above was just pure fantasy-there's many threads here where people chose their actor and actresses in an upcoming film so me you and everyone else are no different.

Calm down, I was joking with the glasses comment (mostly Laughing ), but I do take issue with the idea that people who are against this are "simply bashing", as if we did not put any thought into it. Many of us have given this consideration and thought it a bad idea. Sure, we may be more creative in our critism but the core of our comments are no less valid than the positive polly that says "it's a good idea" or it could work. This is not some mindless fanboy rage, this is valid reservations on a person who simply cannot act from what has been seen, and simply does not have the looks for part.

36Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:54 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:
Joshua wrote:I'm not familiar with Taylor Swift, so maybe I'm speaking out of turn, but is it confirmed that she's a terrible actress? I'm not going to start rallying for her casting, but it seems a bit much to start making false threats of suicide.

My wife and I were at the grocery store day before yesterday trying to insure that we didn't have to go back until waay after the holidays and I told her about the Swift-Supergirl rumor. The first words out of her mouth were, can she act? Since I've only seen her on SNL, I really couldn't give a good response. Which is probable why I'm with Joshua on this one. Yes, it's probable a hoax and wishful thinking on someone's part, but I think too often folks jump the gun and slam someone. Let's remember, not alot of people thought RDJ could pull off Tony Stark on the big screen. I'm still convinced he could make a turd taste like chocolate. That's why I'll be taking my wife to see Sherlock Holmes, even though I have my reservations on the movie Wink

My only comment to that is that RDJ can actually act in general in a variety of roles, so the prospect of him being able to act well is not all that out there. Personally, he did not pull off the Tony Stark we are accustomed to or the one in the comics, but pulled off one that was just as good. This, however, is because the guy can act to begin with.

37Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:19 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd hit it and be very proud of it. If only she was still Sixteeeen. That's when i'll tell her I love her.

38Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:23 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MillionDollarGeek wrote:I'd hit it and be very proud of it. If only she was still Sixteeeen. That's when i'll tell her I love her.

>MillionDollarGeek: Age: 28.

neutral

Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 1258002491892

39Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:44 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

She's really 19, so she's legal. I was just bringing up her song while pointing out that I wanted to bone her. I hope she wears that massive red lipstick.

40Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:26 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
her standing as the "it girl" (which stems mostly...from her being white

Wow...that's racist... huh

That's not racist, just common knowledge and common sense.
neutral "Oh, look, Skittles." - Bill Burr.

On a sidenote, she can't even pull it off. They can't find someone hotter? I don't want to watch some lanky failed abortion bad cosplaying as Supergirl.
Okay--Sounds like you're just ranting now. Ugly? Come on. She just sings. Seems to sing well and live, not a recording. And she's part of a harmless rumor that is no fault of her own. You don't have to cut her down to nothing. Rolling Eyes

MillionDollarGeek wrote:She looks like a female version of Napoleon Dynamite.
huh

Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Taylor_swift_artist_image_300x400Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1

Rmmm?
Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Mallrats02dt7

41Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:03 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MillionDollarGeek wrote:She's really 19, so she's legal. I was just bringing up her song while pointing out that I wanted to bone her. I hope she wears that massive red lipstick.
The song is actually about being 15. neutral

42Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:57 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"She's the 'It Girl' only because she's white." Pretty sure that's a racist statement.

It'd be like saying "Obama only got elected because he's black." Racist and wholly untrue.

43Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:50 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
On a sidenote, she can't even pull it off. They can't find someone hotter? I don't want to watch some lanky failed abortion bad cosplaying as Supergirl.
Okay--Sounds like you're just ranting now. Ugly? Come on. She just sings. Seems to sing well and live, not a recording. And she's part of a harmless rumor that is no fault of her own. You don't have to cut her down to nothing. Rolling Eyes

Short version: Fuck yo shit, my opinion is as valid as the next person's and I was not ranting.

Long version:
I think she is ugly. I seriously do. Seriously, I think she is ugly. She looks like a chipmunk at times (Renee Zwelliger would be proud), her frame is too gangly for my tastes, and she looks like a little kid. This especially bothers me. I don't go for little kids. That's just looks, something that was mentioned in lieu of other aspects like talent and so forth. I was not merely trying to cut her down (if you consider that "cutting her down" then you guys wouldn't last a day where I work), I was making a series of observations (because if I truly wanted to "cut her down", I'd have no problem doing so...there's so much to work with--see how easy that was?). In any case, I'm not the only one who thinks she's ugly. it's a general consensus in my family she is, as does my girlfriend and most of my friends. Part of the reason why I'm surprised some people here think otherwise. And I think she can't sing either. She has limited range, and sounds like she is shouting rather than singing when she tries to sing louder or hit a high note. I can sing better than her. If I can sing better than you, then you suck. Sleep

And I wasn't ranting. What consitutues ranting? It seems giving an opinion unpopular or one that runs counter to the opinions of everyone's loins seems to count as such now. Sleep

Next, you people will be saying Fergie is pretty too. Damn, you people amaze me sometimes. shake my head

TENIME_art wrote:"She's the 'It Girl' only because she's white." Pretty sure that's a racist statement.

It'd be like saying "Obama only got elected because he's black." Racist and wholly untrue.

Kind of like it's being called prejudiced if I say the only reason why she is famous is because she's pretty? Yeah, no. How many female black country singers are there? There are many who do sing in that style, there are many that can sing period and much better than Taylor Swift and are better looking than her. To assume her race has nothing to do with her rise to fame is horribly naive. There's a reason why black "it girls" are as prevalent as real life unicorns (narwhals don't count). And as for the Obama comment, it's not racist, especially when the person comments on things like white guilt (personally I think that's a myth), black unity at the ballot, and so forth. In any case, if you think it's racist, explain how it's racist. Just assuming that any comment that involves race is racist is erroneous at best. Any comment involving race is not racism. As a black person who has been subjected to racism for the longest time (yes, surprise, it stil exists), I've had one too many discussions about this that I know what is racist and what is not.

44Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:53 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Dude, you've got issues and this thread has taken a downward spiral because of it thumbs down

45Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Dude, you've got issues and this thread has taken a downward spiral because of it thumbs down

Here you go. This is for you.

Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Pacifier

How do I have issues? Because I think she's ugly? I think she's ugly. So what? I think the people who have issues are the ones who do not feel that people are entitled to their opinion, since that is pretty messed up. I think the only person who has issues is the person attacking someone because he has a difference of opinions. It's one thing to be joking about about it and another to actually mean it, which you apparently do. And how has this thread taken a downward spiral? The accusations of racism are the only thing that are untoward for this thread but in those accusations, a constructive discussion on what truly consitutes racism can be had. I'm sorry if you think that everyone that disagrees with you has issues. Glad to see we're being tolerant of other people's viewpoints. I eagerly await your next post where you try and trash me again, quote part of what I just wrote, and ignore the sentence or two where I addressed your new point.

Rolling Eyes

And downward spiral? The discussion with Bluemaxx would have gone like this:

Bluemaxx: She's not that ugly.
Me: Yes she is.
Bluemaxx: Guess we'll agree to disagree. *shrugs*
Me: *shrugs*

The discussion with Ten:
Me: That's not racist because of *litanny of reasons*.
Ten: That's racist because *litanny of reasons*.

or
Me: That's not racist because of *litanny of reasons*.
Ten: Oh, okay. Still seems harsh.
Me: *shrugs*
Ten:*shrugs*

The only one taking it down is you with the pointless name-calling and judgement calls. Way to go champ. Way to stay classy. Rolling Eyes

46Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:56 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Whatever.

Last edited by TENIME_art on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

47Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:And because I'm white, I couldn't possibly know what racism is.

In fact, it's because I'm white, that I'm automatically the only racist person here, right?

Rolling Eyes

No one suggested those things. Stop making stuff up or twisting my words in such a revolting manner.

Let's try something new. Rather than silly comments that do not progress what we're talking about at all, how about you address the points that have been made and have been put forth. How's that sound? How are my comments racist? You only true rebuttal has been an example that was not an example of racism at all. Again, how was my comment racist? Yes, I'm asking for an explanation and a simple "you don't know" or any other slly comment will not suffice.

TENIME_art wrote:Whatever.

I can live with this. Tis a shame but, as you said, whatever.

48Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:31 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have only two more words to say to you all: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:32 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:I have only two more words to say to you all: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing

50Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:33 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:I have only two more words to say to you all: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing
Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum