Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taylor "Supergirl" Swift?

+11
Chi-Town Spidey
TENIME_art
ChrisToPhenom
Thundermatts
Spaced4SimonPegg
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Joshua
Airwolf
BlueMaxx
Administrator
colossus1979
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 3 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:56 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
And I wasn't ranting. What consitutues ranting? It seems giving an opinion unpopular or one that runs counter to the opinions of everyone's loins seems to count as such now. Sleep

Next, you people will be saying Fergie is pretty too. Damn, you people amaze me sometimes. shake my head
Ranting is when someone will go out of their way to go off topic to degrade or demean something or someone in a discussion. Just because you don't find someone attractive, doesn't make them ugly. That's a narrow-minded and judgemental thing to say about someone for no reason other than to announce it. I mean, it started as just a please-don't thread about a casting. But, you're are right, it would've ended with me shrugging and saying, pretty much, whatever because it is subjective.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Let's try something new. Rather than silly comments that do not progress what we're talking about at all, how about you address the points that have been made and have been put forth. How's that sound? How are my comments racist? You only true rebuttal has been an example that was not an example of racism at all. Again, how was my comment racist? Yes, I'm asking for an explanation and a simple "you don't know" or any other slly comment will not suffice.
Speaking of judgmental, Taylor Swift is a famous COUNTRY singer because she's--what was that? White? That's a pretty silly assumption considering that genre of music is, pretty much,...WHITE! Heh. Sheez, man. Notice I said pretty much. I know many people sing country.

You've yet to give validity for your point too. Are you a journalist that follows Taylor around and knows the conspiracy of her rise to fame? A white-power rally raised some funds to record an album with subliminal messages that say kill non-white people if backmasked? And will soon raise an army of preteen to early twenty peoples that will take over America, all with the mentality of Glenn Beck set on his crazy-cry mode?

Too smartass-y? Wink Well, what you're saying was a bit bothersome, considering it was out of nowhere. It was uncalled for. And ridiculous. So I understand Tenime. I shouldn't have to say this, because it is such a silly thing to mention and is practically moot, but I have black friends. The reason I bring this up is because I don't want you to throw in my face that I don't understand. People that say, no, you can't understand, aren't being rational. Now, do I get what it feels like in certain situations? No. But who understands anyone to the fullest, you know? I can empathize as best as I can as a human being. But what you're saying is a jumping-to-conclusions cynicism. Tenime, and anyone else, has a reasonable respone by giving an, "Oh, shut the Hell up with that bullshit," type of reaction. Totally understand.

52Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 3 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:26 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote]
BlueMaxx wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
And I wasn't ranting. What consitutues ranting? It seems giving an opinion unpopular or one that runs counter to the opinions of everyone's loins seems to count as such now. Sleep

Next, you people will be saying Fergie is pretty too. Damn, you people amaze me sometimes. shake my head

Ranting is when someone will go out of their way to go off topic to degrade or demean something or someone in a discussion. Just because you don't find someone attractive, doesn't make them ugly. That's a narrow-minded and judgemental thing to say about someone for no reason other than to announce it. I mean, it started as just a please-don't thread about a casting. But, you're are right, it would've ended with me shrugging and saying, pretty much, whatever because it is subjective.

How did I go out of my way to degrade her? I commented on aspects that are integral to a role such as Supergirl's. Last time I checked, being ugly was not part of that. Simply being blonde and white does not cut it. And because I don't find someone unattractive does make someone ugly. A person with a list of undesirable physical traits is considered ugly. That is how ugly is defined. So it's not narrow-minded. The narrow-minded thing to do is to seriously chastize someone for not sharing your viewpoints on something that is wholly subjective. And the very concept of defining beauty is judgemental in itself. You're being judgemental in saying she is not ugly, as you are being judgemental in making a what? A judgement call on me saying that I am narrow-minded. So that doesn't fly here. So let's check the score: Didn't rant, simply stated what I thought, something that countless people did here, even Thundermatts called her out on her looks but lo and behold no one says anything to that; Stated an opinion that was no less "extreme" than the people who defended her (like the people people who commented on how attractive she was--if I get flack for saying one thing, they should catch similar flack for saying the polar opposite becuase if the only reason why I'm catching flack is because I said something negative, then good job on being biased). In the end, all you've done is have a fit because I made a comment about Swift, where other people have said similar and other people elsewhere have said worse. My comments are truly what i think and not products of simply this news since I have made them long before in other threads. Amazingly, no one threw a fit about those.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Let's try something new. Rather than silly comments that do not progress what we're talking about at all, how about you address the points that have been made and have been put forth. How's that sound? How are my comments racist? You only true rebuttal has been an example that was not an example of racism at all. Again, how was my comment racist? Yes, I'm asking for an explanation and a simple "you don't know" or any other slly comment will not suffice.
Speaking of judgmental, Taylor Swift is a famous COUNTRY singer because she's--what was that? White? That's a pretty silly assumption considering that genre of music is, pretty much,...WHITE! Heh. Sheez, man. Notice I said pretty much. I know many people sing country.

You've yet to give validity for your point too. Are you a journalist that follows Taylor around and knows the conspiracy of her rise to fame? A white-power rally raised some funds to record an album with subliminal messages that say kill non-white people if backmasked? And will soon raise an army of preteen to early twenty peoples that will take over America, all with the mentality of Glenn Beck set on his crazy-cry mode?

It's not a silly assumption. It's actually common sense. Is there some conspiracy? No. So stop making up things and trying to twist what I said. The simple and sheer lack of black artists, despite the interest of such speaks to the fact that many are simply being left out in the cold. Quick, name some black country artists. Well-known black country artists. Exactly. Now you may counter and point at other music avenues, like rock, at which point I'd point at other bands like Dave matthews Band, Hootie and the Blowfish, and so forth. You may point to rap and state that there are no white people there at which I could point out Eminem, Bubba Sparks, but also admit there is some racism there towards them. With country, like with anyone famous, their looks is part of the deal. The pretty singers are more famous than the fat ones or the ugly ones, hence why talent alone is not enough. If this were the point of discussion, a number of people would suddenly agree. But the minute race comes into the discussion, people close their ears and start screaming racism doesn't exist. In any case, with singers such as Johnny Rebel and the like, and with a large part of the fanbase, confederate flag waving people who still chime about "the south" and how it "will rise again", it's hard not to see how a black person would not feel comfortable with it, something a white person doesn't have issue with.

Too smartass-y? Wink Well, what you're saying was a bit bothersome, considering it was out of nowhere. It was uncalled for. And ridiculous. So I understand Tenime. I shouldn't have to say this, because it is such a silly thing to mention and is practically moot, but I have black friends. The reason I bring this up is because I don't want you to throw in my face that I don't understand. People that say, no, you can't understand, aren't being rational. Now, do I get what it feels like in certain situations? No. But who understands anyone to the fullest, you know? I can empathize as best as I can as a human being. But what you're saying is a jumping-to-conclusions cynicism. Tenime, and anyone else, has a reasonable respone by giving an, "Oh, shut the Hell up with that bullshit," type of reaction. Totally understand.

Too smartass-y? No, you sounded sily when you did. Ten is old enough to take care of himself. He doesn't need someone to stand up for him. My comments were not uncalled for nor out of nowhere. They were as part of the conversation as anything. But I get it now. If you guys don't like it, then it is uncalled for. Then it is "wrong". Why don't you guys just come out and say it: I'm not allowed to have these opinions and think these thoughts. I'm not allowed to say these things, despite the fact that they are opinions that are not insulting anyone here. Why don't you guys simply outright censor me? In any case, this is turning into "racism doesn't exist" and all the racism I've experienced I must have imagined. All the racism on 4chan I'm greeted to is imaginary. All the racism in country songs like ni---r Hatin' Me, Some N***ers Never Die (They Just Smell That Way), are just imagined, right? Of course, of course. Concerning Ten's reaction, my reaction was in response to his uncalled for hostility in his original comment. Notice in the post before, I had assumed all would end well, making a convo where I did not make him look like a jerk at all. I was set for a decent, polite discussion, where we would define racism and so forth, since it's not everyday you talk with someone who can carry on such a convo intelligently like I had assumed with Ten, and I get greeted with a jerkface response. My return comment was measured and balanced, nothing more inflamatory than what he posted. His second comment probably comes from the fact that he has done this dance before with other people and knows the pointlessness of it all, knowing all it does is piss him off. I know this because he's talked about this before and I've identified with some of his sentiments. But whatever, you've had you're say, though it did nothing but create more text for this thread and makes me think I'm even more right than before.

In classic 4chan manner, inb4 Josh complaining about the length of the posts or a mod telling us to play nice.

53Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 3 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:56 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Dude, it's almost like your pissing in the wind out of spite at this point. Do you really feel this strongly about Taylor Swift or are you just talking out of your ass? This reminds me of a holiday dinner at my brother in law's where his wife and her mother got in a fight over Jessica Simpson's Rolling Eyes Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?

54Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 3 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:59 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ 2nd best point goes to Donster. Just silliness that goes past common message board arguments.

55Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 3 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:15 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Dude, it's almost like your pissing in the wind out of spite at this point. Do you really feel this strongly about Taylor Swift or are you just talking out of your ass? This reminds me of a holiday dinner at my brother in law's where his wife and her mother got in a fight over Jessica Simpson's Rolling Eyes Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?

Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 3 1254518285747

You guys are missing the point. I said She was ugly. Fine. So what? How does this constitute me having issues? THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. Everything else has been about my right to say express my viewpoints. Is it the comment about racism? What's so damn inflammatory about that? Especially since I've said similar about other people. I truly think that is part of why she is famous. I think it contributes to some other celebrities fame as well. In any case, all Ive been doing is responding to YOUR posts that you've directed at me. And somehow this is my fault? You people are fucked up. If you direct a comment on something I wrote, I will respond. How is this a fucking surprise? If you challenge something I say, I will defend it. Fuck, how is this so hard to comprehend. I don't have any strong feelings about Swift, but challenge what i say, then I will respond. Stop trying to chracterize me in some untoward manner and realize when is really going on here. I said something, and some guy says I have issues for having an opinion that differed from him. And somehow I'm the bad guy here. I swear, you guys are doing this on purpose.

Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 3 1254550853799

BlueMaxx wrote:^ 2nd best point goes to Donster. Just silliness that goes past common message board arguments.

As opposed to your long drawn out defense of Ten or your attacks on my points, the main reason for the long wall of words. You made comments on my posts, so don't be surprised if I respond. In any case, I don't even know why you're here. You've made your point. You can go away now.

I swear, you people complicate the simplest things. I shouldn't have to filter/water down things like this. My presence in this thread has been run of the mill discussion no different than anyone else. I seriosuly think you guys are pissed because I said something bad about her, which is fucked up. Fuck yo shit if you don't like it.

Me: Taylor Swift is ugly.
You guys: You're messed up in the head.
Me: WTF?
You guys: Look at the mess you're making! You're messed up and hate her.

This is why the terrorists hate us. Laughing

56Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? - Page 3 Empty Re: Taylor "Supergirl" Swift? Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:47 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Enough with this crap.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum