Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dark Knight Rises

+52
krpykrwly
Aussiemandias
Sandman
boberthavok
rwe1138
Chi-Town Spidey
Heytherejeffro
jestghost
Big Poppa Nick
Denim
prescribeddrone
elijahdprophet
dmahoney
Rath99
Joshua
Off_White_Lantern
BigSoupCan
Debaser77
(._Y_.)
tstrike99
Frank M. Reding
TENIME_art
comicgeekelly
Airwolf
Janson
Spazzy
kerryart
LordD3r3k
Paroxysm
G_Zatara
Gojiratoho
gangsternerd
Foreigner_Man
Bigtymin504
alucardbarnivous
jaydee74
Spider_Fan14
melvinlikechris
Astro13Zombie
potatojoe
Spaced4SimonPegg
Thundermatts
Ska
BlueMaxx
MikeSabian
Silent K
shark6495
MillionDollarGeek
Administrator
Batman25JM
supervenom
azrael07
56 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 23]

26The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:49 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Can you find a still of said kid as a reference, T-Matts? I've heard the Jason Todd intro is more appropriate for Nolan's Batman in so many MBs and blogs it has made my head spin, but I've never actually heard this? Even if it is just good, unofficial, speculative fun.

27The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:15 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 2cdu1kw
The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 2afbbxt

28The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:34 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh, snap! I remember him! That's the kid that was given a taser by a masked man, dressed as a bat, beating the shit out of zombified-people. Laughing Batman = Role-model.

29The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:52 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

hurm. the whole 'floor of villains' idea(s) i kinda like it, and i think it would work better maybe in an animated film. IDK if i'd like sitting through all those little cameos and what not in just a few minutes. That to me would give a very unpleasant Wolverine movie feel, everyone would feel forced. Maybe one little quick one.

I like the idea of using some of the Waynetech against him, but i could not see a jetpack in the film being done realistic. they did it in Iron Man, but i get the impression that the jetpack/flight system only works(for the most part) because of the Arc-Reactor.

I'd like to see the mob/gangs in the film seek further desperate measures against the Batman, because obviously, The Joker didn't work. Maybe have what was Falcone's syndicate seek out a more professional individual, someone who's more stable and with a finer taste for things. Maybe Penguin/Ventriloquist(IMO, both would be perfect fits to step into the leadership void) was an old friend of Falcone, and have Falcone bring him in from the inside. Like give the order to his group that they are to follow Penguin's or Ventriloquist's orders.

If there are any gangs or syndicates left(i think Gamble's guys went to work for the Joker and im not so sure about all of the Russian guys), but have one of them maybe side with a new, powerful and sophisticated criminal, The Riddler. Or have the Riddler working with Penguin.

im not sure how i feel about Harley. I don't think she's a strong enough character to carry a movie even if she is just 'following Mistah J's orders'. Maybe a small cameo in an Arkham scene. Like maybe she's an intern or something, but not that far in her career yet. IMO it's far too early in Bat's career to introduce Harley even as a Doctor. My vision of their relationship begins after numerous dances The Joker has had with the Dark Knight, not just one failed grand plan.

Now for a rant...Note, these are my opinions. Some of them may offend you Jason Todd fans.

and Jason Todd? Really? Im not even ready for Robin(*shakes fist at Chris O'Donnell*), god knows Nolan isn't. He's said before he wouldn't. First it would be blasphemy to introduce Todd before Grayson, under any circumstance, and Todd IMO is still a bad character. He was a terrible Robin, and i don't like him as Red Hood or 'Gatman'. Todd was and always will be a whiny little bitch that plays the 'im tough,i know everything' card. i don't want to see him in a live action role, and how will that play off even, bring him in, only to kill him a movie or so later just so we can see Bruce go through almost the exact same grief that he did with Rachel? No thanks. I get that a hero often has to lose something or someone close to them for a compelling story, but to me it would just come off as recycling.If anything a Robin, in anyform, unless Nolan decides to do it, and somehow pulls it off, is just going to be a Jar-Jar Binks, he's going to be loud and annoying and serve no real purpose.

Again, sorry. im totally not trying to be an asshole about the whole thing.

30The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:11 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It seems that Christopher Nolan is lost for ideas cos he's determined to make the most realistic Batman film ever.

If he was to make Scarecrow and Arkham Asylum a prominent feature of the third movie, that would easily allow for a much darker film, exploring many more themes. Also I imagine that Batman would still be haunted by the deaths of both Rachel and Harvey Dent.

31The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:13 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Also they shouldn't introduce Robin

Robin sucks.

32The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:27 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bane breaks Batman's back and Barbara Gordon takes over but gets shot at the end by The Joker.

33The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Robin rules, specifically Tim Drake. I'm not a fan of Jason Todd, I just like ot think that little kid is Jason Todd. It doesn't mean he'd become Robin before Dick, I just think that kid living in the crappy part of town that is always wearing red is Jason Todd. lol. Cause Tim is even younger, and Dick is off being a circus star. LOL. I'm not advocating bringing Robin into one of the flicks, I just think it's fun to pretend that kid is Jason Todd.

34The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:34 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He is? I think someone should kill him already.

35The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:35 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Thundermatts wrote:Robin rules, specifically Tim Drake. I'm not a fan of Jason Todd, I just like ot think that little kid is Jason Todd. It doesn't mean he'd become Robin before Dick, I just think that kid living in the crappy part of town that is always wearing red is Jason Todd. lol. Cause Tim is even younger, and Dick is off being a circus star. LOL. I'm not advocating bringing Robin into one of the flicks, I just think it's fun to pretend that kid is Jason Todd.

he might make a decent Jason Todd if you were casting another movie, but he's Gordon's son in the film continuity.

36The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Here's my rough plot. I've always thought this was a good idea and stick with that.

Title possibilities: The Caped Crusader (Because his resolve has now become such.), The Shadow of the Bat (Maybe subtitle? But it would accent the story I'm wanting more.), or Dark Knight Detective (Which'd go with The Riddler, but isn't necessarily the main aspect.).

And here we go...

Wayne Enterprises is on the rise, especially Wayne Tech. And when a company goes from famous to more famous, everybody wants a piece. Especially black markets. And who is the man to bring that to town? The Penguin, Oswald Cobblepot.
We have, at some point, Lucius showing Wayne the new projects within Wayne Tech, taking him to each consecutive floor.
- A man sitting at a desk, drinking green tea from a bottle, a large top hat on the rack behind him, reading Through the Looking Glass with wide-eyes. He has many machines taken apart, showing the components of CAT scan, lie-detector test (with picture of Wonder Woman behind it? Wink ), and other's dealing with understanding the human mind. He's trying to create a machine that can help against interogation in a precise and humane way. *Luscious rolls his eyes at the silliness.*

- Next floor. There is a flame-retardent suit with a scanner helment, a flamethrower, and a jetpack that is still a work in progress. It is to help firemen do control burns against forest fires and maybe buildings that are close together.

- Next floor. They are working on a malleable, synthetic flesh that'd adhere to the bodies of injured, scarred/burned people to help them survive their condition and make them look normal. A joke is made about the previous floor to the progression to this one.

- The greenhouse. A Professor Woodrue introduces himself to Wayne, saying that it is finally a pleasure to meet the man who has helped with his funding. A mousy, redhaired woman is in the back analyzing a plant with mannerisms of TLC and a look of borderline intimacy. She, being rudely shy, doesn't even look up with just giving barely a corner-of-mouth smile and a finger-wave to Mr. Wayne when Woodrue introduces her for her.

- The last floor, sub-basement, is a cyrogenics lab. Lucius asks Wayne to put on a parka before entering because of the temperatures. The scientist is on a stool at a table next to a the only human-sized tube out of the 8 that has a person in it. The silhouette looks feminine. Lucius describes the plans of Prof. Victor Fries, and says the leaps and bounds in his theories are astounding. Explaining that, if they're accurate, they may be onto stopping many terminal illnesses. Ferris Boyle then shows up, having complete control of the cryogenics branch of Wayne Tech, amongst others, and says that they'll be pulling funding on Fries and shutting him down for wasting funding. Saying that he hasn't even tried to expand on his theories in general, keeping papers and funds to himself.

^ Now, if this is the last movie, those little nods could easily mean a to-be-continued for Nolan's films, but in the sense that they don't need sequels, you know? It just shows the progression of Batman from back-alley scumbags to metas and those using meta-tech. It'd be sweet.

Also, Catwoman could come into play, being that she is a master thief. And The Riddler? Hired by Cobblepot because he proclaims he can take down the Knight by sheer intellect alone. And, like in the books, Cobblepot shares a kindred spirit when it comes to tastes...art and lifestyle, etc. Adding The Riddler brings about the detective aspect of Batman that hasn't been totally seen yet. We've seen him get help from Gordon, Alfred and his computers, but what about his own power of deduction?

Batman: The Shadow of the Bat would work, seeing as how that title dealt more with the minds of the mad, Batman's villains. Let alone, Shadow of the Bat could imply his status as Wayne with his ever-growing enterprise that would, of course, start more trouble because he's created a beacon for greed.
thats pretty cool Maxx king. maybe not the 2 floors after Jervis Tech's and Catwoman but it sounds plausible. I really don't want Depp as Riddler, he's just a guy to fill the roles of the freaks nowadays and David Tennent is my Dr.Who and a very talented actor! Also i read an IGN article of how Robin could work and i found it brilliant and Robin can be used properly. The Mob could be present and Zsasz and Crane make a reappearance too and i think it could work. Also a new character introduced could be Hugo Strange, IGN wrote he could be a mandated shrink to Bruce when the board gets concerned over his extreme behaviour and mood changes and by the end of the movie he discovers Bruce was Batman.

37The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:Robin rules, specifically Tim Drake. I'm not a fan of Jason Todd, I just like ot think that little kid is Jason Todd. It doesn't mean he'd become Robin before Dick, I just think that kid living in the crappy part of town that is always wearing red is Jason Todd. lol. Cause Tim is even younger, and Dick is off being a circus star. LOL. I'm not advocating bringing Robin into one of the flicks, I just think it's fun to pretend that kid is Jason Todd.

he might make a decent Jason Todd if you were casting another movie, but he's Gordon's son in the film continuity.

What? That kid from Batman Begins in those stills is not Gordon's son.

38The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:46 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ya, it wasn't. The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Smiley_emoticons_batman_irre The kid was just some random innocent living in a bad area. Near Crime Alley, ya? He symbolized the innocence of Gotham surrounded by its sins. I always called him Taser-Kid. don't know

azrael07 wrote:hurm. the whole 'floor of villains' idea(s) i kinda like it, and i think it would work better maybe in an animated film. IDK if i'd like sitting through all those little cameos and what not in just a few minutes. That to me would give a very unpleasant Wolverine movie feel, everyone would feel forced. Maybe one little quick one.

I like the idea of using some of the Waynetech against him, but i could not see a jetpack in the film being done realistic. they did it in Iron Man, but i get the impression that the jetpack/flight system only works(for the most part) because of the Arc-Reactor.
Well, it could be spread out. Not one after another, necessarily. They could all be setting up shop, and since Wayne Enterprises is the name of the game in Gotham, that's where all these guys'll go for a job and funding. Because, let's face it, funding is the only practical way for some of these guys to have developed their gadgets. It parallels Batman in what he had to to. And practical fits Nolan's Batman universe.

But ya, I'm glad you guys are taking to my thoughts. That makes me all warm inside. tongue The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Batman_emote_by_themoleking2003

39The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:49 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

guys remember though, the past two movies did not end on big "cliff hangers" but just enough that if there was a sequel it could be picked up from that point. Batman Begins ended with the idea of escalation and a new villain leaving Joker cards around, the second movie ended with the police knowing they would have to chase after Batman. So in the third I would not guess you would end with a surprise ending (Harley Quinn being evil, or someone figuring out the batman). With that being said I could see a subtle nod to any "future movies".... sort of like the movie ending with the Bat Signal being replaced.

Just thought of this, Batman would have to become a hero in this film. He is now a bad guy. So someone would have to come in to help root out the Batman. Begins= rise, Dark knight = fall from grace, New movie = redemption....

just offering new insight

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

40The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:53 pm

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:
If he was to make Scarecrow and Arkham Asylum a prominent feature of the third movie, that would easily allow for a much darker film, exploring many more themes. Also I imagine that Batman would still be haunted by the deaths of both Rachel and Harvey Dent.

That would be sweet.

41The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:48 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Ya, it wasn't. The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Smiley_emoticons_batman_irre The kid was just some random innocent living in a bad area. Near Crime Alley, ya? He symbolized the innocence of Gotham surrounded by its sins. I always called him Taser-Kid. don't know

azrael07 wrote:hurm. the whole 'floor of villains' idea(s) i kinda like it, and i think it would work better maybe in an animated film. IDK if i'd like sitting through all those little cameos and what not in just a few minutes. That to me would give a very unpleasant Wolverine movie feel, everyone would feel forced. Maybe one little quick one.

Well, it could be spread out. Not one after another, necessarily. They could all be setting up shop, and since Wayne Enterprises is the name of the game in Gotham, that's where all these guys'll go for a job and funding. Because, let's face it, funding is the only practical way for some of these guys to have developed their gadgets. It parallels Batman in what he had to to. And practical fits Nolan's Batman universe.

But ya, I'm glad you guys are taking to my thoughts. That makes me all warm inside. tongue The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Batman_emote_by_themoleking2003

oh. my bad. i thought that was the kid who was Gordon's son in TDK. My bad.

Again, some of these villains but i always liked what they did with Firefly in The Batman(the cartoon "The Batman", not TAS.) Maybe if they were to do Firefly maybe explain that his funding has come from other companies trying maybe to sabotage the Wayne company. But also incorperate the troubled upbringing. I somewhat enjoy Firefly, but i don't see him being the type of villain Bats' spends a whole lot of time on. He's one of those villains who's very obvious from the very beginning as to what he's doing and why, and doesn't require alot of detective work from Bats.

and BM(heh, BlueMaxx is BM, *giggle*) don't think im trying to crap all over your ideas or anything. I like the idea of multi-floor villain funding thing, i do. I think that would work better though(IMO) if you were to maybe do it to hint at maybe one villain for a future film, like towards the end or hint at the villain of the current movie at the beginning.

42The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:52 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Not at all, man. You don't have to apologize for opinion, I can take it. You've got good reasons, as does Shark.

Also, I'm so surprised that it has taken people this long to...maybe not notice, but announce it. "BM". I always cringe when I see that abbreviation. Laughing

43The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:02 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

how about Maxxi-Pad? That's a cool nickname.

44The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would love to see Tennant as the Riddler. He would be great in the role:

The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Tennantriddler

45The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want anybody that has anything to do with the crapfest that is Dr. Who to stay far the fuck away from Batman.

46The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:50 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

now see, i enjoy Doctor Who, at least what i've seen of the David Tennant run. that hurts, man.

47The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:08 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:how about Maxxi-Pad? That's a cool nickname.
...I'll stick with "BM". "MaxxPayne" would be cooler. Or "The Maxx". *cough* Heh.

Thundermatts wrote:I want anybody that has anything to do with the crapfest that is Dr. Who to stay far the fuck away from Batman.
Psh. Have you even seen the show? I've only seen a hand-full of episodes with Tennant and it is fun stuff. But ya, I'm getting kind of sick of the rumors of him being Riddler. It's just slightly above Eddie Murphy as The Riddler or Megan Fox as Catwoman or even Wonder Woman. Rolling Eyes

48The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:45 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:how about Maxxi-Pad? That's a cool nickname.

No its not shake my head shake my head shake my head

I think Crispin Glover would be a good Riddler or even Doug Jones.

49The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:12 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Crispin Glover would be a fantastic Riddler, IMHO.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_f_yX2oAs56s/SfdW0Kxi9ZI/AAAAAAAACAc/WvAdL85_XF8/s400/Crispin%2520Glover%2520to%2520play%2520the%2520Knave%2520of%2520Hearts%2520in%2520Tim%2520Burton%27s%2520Alice%2520in%2520Wonderland.jpg
I know everyone wanted him as The Joker, but I think leaving The Joker out of the main spotlight for the last Nolan film would be better.

50The Dark Knight Rises - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:21 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:I want anybody that has anything to do with the crapfest that is Dr. Who to stay far the fuck away from Batman.
have you even watched any of the episodes?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum