Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Movies without sequels that should/could have had one

+15
Joshua
Bigtymin504
Thundermatts
Combo Mo
Administrator
Velociraptor DJ
Ska
alucardbarnivous
supervenom
Spaced4SimonPegg
BlueMaxx
TENIME_art
kidspider2099
Tom
riv1
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

People always talk about bad sequels for movies.
How about movies that never had sequels you would have liked a sequel to?
One that springs to mind immediately to me is Arnold's Commando. A grown up alyssa milano kicking ass with her dad, about 1995 or so, when he was doing the Eraser movie and she was doing Embrace of the Vampire would have rocked!

Also, Spaceballs.
I remember a rumor that they were gonna make Spaceballs 3:The Search for Spaceballs 2. Never happened though. That name alone would make me see it.

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Office Space

A Spaceballs sequel would be fabulous.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked Office Space. I think you're right, there was sequel potential there.

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

for me i would liked to see:

charlie and the great glass elevator( sequel to charlie and the
chocolate factory(
resturant at the end of the universe

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, god, please give us a Restaurant At The End of The Universe...

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I've been waiting for that!

Tom wrote:Office Space

A Spaceballs sequel would be fabulous.
Spaceballs sequel would/could be a good idea.

riv1 wrote:I liked Office Space. I think you're right, there was sequel potential there.
Definitely. Even if it doesn't have the same characters. They bring back at least Milton. Or, create another Milton. A guy who has a problem with someone stealing his lunch, and he's all meek yet silently yells at people for taking his stuff. The movie builds up a mystery of who it is, and then at the end it turns out it was everyone. IDK. I just ran with that.

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Oh, god, please give us a Restaurant At The End of The Universe...

are being serious or are you just messing with me?

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought Dog Soldiers could have a sequel...take the production up a notch.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I like that idea. Neil Marshall is making a second Descent, so maybe we'll get that in the future. But he's said that that was his favorite to make, and rumours have bounced around. It's been condemned to development hell, but could still be made.

kidspider2099 wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:Oh, god, please give us a Restaurant At The End of The Universe...
No, I think he's serious. Like me, I think Tenime really, really liked the first movie. Especially that it ended with the mentioning of the restaurant at the end by Beeblebrox.

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Night of the Creeps
john Carpenter's the Thing
the Burrowers

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

[quote="BlueMaxx"]

[quote="riv1"]I liked Office Space. I think you're right, there was sequel potential there.[/quote]
Definitely. Even if it doesn't have the same characters. They bring back at least Milton. Or, create another Milton. A guy who has a problem with someone stealing his lunch, and he's all meek yet silently yells at people for taking his stuff. The movie builds up a mystery of who it is, and then at the end it turns out it was everyone. IDK. I just ran with that.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. You could definitely go with a different cast. Maybe carry over Lumberg or Michael Bolton & Samir @ a different company. And yes, have some dude that eats other people's lunches. Have him or her fart(very loudly), is a dumb ass & only hasn't gotten fired by Lumburg cause of nepotism.

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ I like that idea. Neil Marshall is making a second Descent, so maybe we'll get that in the future. But he's said that that was his favorite to make, and rumours have bounced around. It's been condemned to development hell, but could still be made.

kidspider2099 wrote:
No, I think he's serious. Like me, I think Tenime really, really liked the first movie. Especially that it ended with the mentioning of the restaurant at the end by Beeblebrox.

i say that it seems like a like douglas adams fans didn't like the movie.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Don't know many Douglas Adams fans, but I thought the consensus was love. don't know

supervenom wrote:Night of the Creeps
john Carpenter's the Thing
The Thing video game did that, ya?
But, I'll see you're Night of the Creeps and raise you Shivers.

Tom wrote:
That's what I was thinking. You could definitely go with a different cast. Maybe carry over Lumberg or Michael Bolton & Samir @ a different company. And yes, have some dude that eats other people's lunches. Have him or her fart(very loudly), is a dumb ass & only hasn't gotten fired by Lumburg cause of nepotism.
Lumberg would be a nice carry-over. I wouldn't mind some of the old, side-characters, to be honest.

Oooo! Toxic Avenger: Going Blockbuster! tongue A really stylized and awesome Toxic Avenger just to spite the over-budgeted films of nowadays.

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Army of Darkness

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Great choice! Too bad they decided against Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash for a movie rather than just a comic. Thought Freddy vs. Jason was a success. I'm sure Raimi was protective, though.

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Great choice! Too bad they decided against Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash for a movie rather than just a comic. Thought Freddy vs. Jason was a success. I'm sure Raimi was protective, though.

Raimi pushed for it but I heard it didn't pan out due to creative differences.

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Google offered this sweet poster:

Movies without sequels that should/could have had one Freddy-vs-Jason-vs-Ash-1

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Was that going to be a promo, the real deal, or is it fan-made poster-fake?

I'll assume no one knows this because it is hard to make out, but who's the person in the back with the gun? Tommy Jarvis? :O

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mystery Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:Mystery Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would awesome.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mystery Men, hell yeah!

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

The Fifth Element.

At one time Luc Besson was planning a sequel but it never panned out. I would like to see him dust that story off.

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:are being serious or are you just messing with me?

Dead serious. I want everyone back: Martin, Mos, Zooey, Sam, Alan('s voice). The books are fantastic, the radio show was was got me into it, and I even love the original BBC miniseries. I'd murder for alot of reasons, but I'd definitely murder for another Hitchhiker's movie...

BlueMaxx wrote:the mentioning of the restaurant at the end by Beeblebrox.

Ford mentioned it.

kidspider2099 wrote:i say that it seems like a like douglas adams fans didn't like the movie.

Then, they're not really fans. Adams wrote the script for the movie. The only differences between the book & film were made by him & him alone (like Sin City or Interview with the Vampire). To dislike the movie is to never have liked the source material in the first place.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Velociraptor DJ wrote:The Fifth Element.

At one time Luc Besson was planning a sequel but it never panned out. I would like to see him dust that story off.
I wouldn't have minded that. There was a lot of good chemistry in that movie...

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Big Lebowski. The list of interesting characters was so interesting that the Cohen brothers could easily follow this one with another installment.

The Incredibles. I'm surprised that it hasn't been done yet.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum