Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next time you look at yourself in a mirror

+8
Ska
shark6495
FroZen
Spaced4SimonPegg
Que
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
riv1
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Holy shit bluemaxx...I've been floating that theory for years, and everyone tells me I'm crazy. But who's to know that what I call green isn't what you call blue. You'd never know, and that blows my mind.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Same! I used to think about that type of stuff a lot when I was a kid.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:http://www.janeelliott.com/
Thanks. Gonna have to research her...!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ She's kind of an awful person. I wouldn't read too much into her. Much more interesting people out there than her. Like actual psychologists and philosophers.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know, but, weird people interest me!

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^Yeah like Serial Killers with OCD!!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fair enough.

Best to know humanities worst and/or most skewed.

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

To truly understand and commit to goodness we must first understand and abolish evil.

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Back to the topic of perception here's one I noticed. When I was a kid I always thought of my father as being this hulk of a man. A giant to me and way older than I'd ever be. Recently I watched a home video of my family when I was about 12 years old. My dad was about the age I am now and looked nothing like I'd remembered. He wasn't particulary big and didn't look that old (but still looked older than I do at his age, life was tougher on them I suppose). Which makes me wonder...how does my son perceive me?

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

^ Which is why I try to be the gentle giant to my daughters. I have a bad temper, but I really try not to let them see it. I want them to respect me, not fear me.

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ same here. I feared my father due to his temper but I've worked real hard not to be that way with my son. But sometimes you do have to instill a little fear in them but only when absoloutly needed.Where my wife will go on and on because my son doesn't listen to her as well as she'd like. All I've got to do is change the tone of my voice and BAM! shit get's done.

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

That works well.
Also, threatening to take something away that they love works well.
I think my daughter would do just about anything to make sure her Nintendo DS is still operational.

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HA! my son already got his DSi and X-box 360 taken away for lying to me. I told him if it happens again Mr. DSi is gonna meet Mr. Hammer. The 360 wouldn't get smashed I'd just take it to my bedroom for myself cool

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Not cool, you guys. Not cool. Laughing

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom and FroZen: Thread Hijackers

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:Remember that scientists have yet to discover how neural networks create self-consciousness, let alone how the human brain processes two-dimensional retinal images into the three-dimensional phenomenon known as perception. Yet we somehow brazenly declare seeing is believing?
So what exactly are we seeing? And what are others seeing when they look at us? When we look at others are we seeing what they see when they look at themselves?
Thank GOD aspirin can work with one's eyes closed......Next time you look at yourself in a mirror - Page 2 Dazed
Uber interesting!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ The brain's capabilities are strange.

Try this: Close your eyes. (Helps if the room is dark.) Picture a bright Summer's day. Green plains and blue skys, without a cloud in sight. Look up at the Sun. Stare at it. Open your eyes in reality and I guarantee you'll see spots.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum