Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite Apocalyptic/Post-Apocalyptic Movie?

+7
(._Y_.)
Matt
supervenom
potatojoe
prescribeddrone
ChrisToPhenom
BlueMaxx
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Basic question. Sure to add some debate as we go on.

So many good ones. Romero's zombie series and their remakes and spinoffs, The Matrix and its cyberpunk, Tank Girl and its neopunk, Soylent Green...tons of them. So, what's yours?

For me, Children of Men.
Favorite Apocalyptic/Post-Apocalyptic Movie? Childrenofmen1
It is a film that fits both apocalyptic and post-apocalytic, being that an apocalyptian scenario consists of something that is damning the life of mankind, which was the infertilization of the populace, and its ticking of the clock, which fits post-apocalyptian theme.
The probability of it is what resonates for me. Where all the news that depresses us and makes us angry and melancholic surrounds our protagonists throughout their travails through the horrors of humanities selfishness and wrath.

Honorable mentions: Equilibrium, a world that, in its desperation, tries to save itself by condemning itself to emote; to be human.

I waiting for the zombie fans to annihilate this thread. tongue

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ooh, you've put me in a very awkward situation, Maxx. This might have to wait until Saturday until I look over my IMDb movie list for this but good thread! thumbs up

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off the top of my head-

Escape From NY
Terminator 1 and 2
The Matrix
Brazil
12 Monkeys
Equilibrium
28 Days Later
District 9
V For Vendetta

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Day of the Dead

Favorite Apocalyptic/Post-Apocalyptic Movie? Dayofthedead9

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Of course! Wink

prescribeddrone wrote:Off the top of my head-

Escape From NY
Terminator 1 and 2
The Matrix
Brazil
12 Monkeys
Equilibrium
28 Days Later
District 9
V For Vendetta
Forgot about the Terminator films, for some reason. Need to see Brazil, and 28 Days Later is really good one.

District 9 and V don't really fit that subgenre. V made it feel like the world was on the brink, though. And, I guess if you consider the alien-tech being back-engineered and used, that could end the world. But they aren't apocalyptic. They are great movies.

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
Resident Evil: Extinction

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

all of Romero's dead movies

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Road Warrior

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Of course! Wink

prescribeddrone wrote:Off the top of my head-
Terminator 1 and 2

Forgot about the Terminator films, for some reason. Need to see Brazil, and 28 Days Later is really good one.

Technically, Terminator: Salvation is the only apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic movie in the franchise, since the other three movies are set in the 'present-day,' and only talk about a forthcoming apocalypse.

I'm just sayin'. Wink

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love post-apocalyptic movies. A few that come to mind are:

Children of Men

28 Days Later (franchise)

Resident Evil (franchise)

Dawn of the Dead

I Am Legend

12 Monkeys

WALL-E
( Wink )

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I'm happy to see Resident Evil fans. I seem to mostly hear trash-talk about them. I think they fit into the RE world wonderfully, and if you were to take away the title, those would be even more fantastic zombie movies because people instantly wouldn't put them on a pedestal.

superdoug wrote:
Technically, Terminator: Salvation is the only apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic movie in the franchise, since the other three movies are set in the 'present-day,' and only talk about a forthcoming apocalypse.

I'm just sayin'. Wink
But, if you think logistics, if time travel is possible, killing Sarah Conners or John would ensure total annihilation of the human race in the future by Skynet. Course, T3 was when Skynet was created and utilized the warheads. So that was technically the movie if we're talking present.

Prophecy and its two sequels were good ones. Reminds me that Legion is coming out soon.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

I also want to mention Doomsday because it's like eight different post-apocalyptic movies in one. It's crazy fun.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Planet of the Apes.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Doomsday is awesome! I don't understand why people hate it

Children of Men is pretty neat cos people always think that this world will end due to overpopulation and in the film we see the world ending for the complete opposite reason

Also I love 28 Days Later, possibly the best British film of the last decade

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I liked Doomsday. Neil Marshall's weakest, but still good. I just thought when it became a car commercial, it had reached a point of rolling my eyes to where it hurt my frontal lobe. But, other than that major bash, like Josh said, it was an amalgam of post-apocalyptic themes. Although, it fits in an apocalyptic theme.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum