Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League of America

+19
Demonweasel
The Ignored One
Spazzy
Spider_Fan14
DickGrayson007
prescribeddrone
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Bigtymin504
Debaser77
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
Batman25JM
shiky800
shining knight
riv1
jaydee74
LordD3r3k
BlueMaxx
Metal Misfit
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

201Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Batman25JM wrote: and I LOVE Dick.

If you're just going to give me openings like this, at least have the good grace to attach nude pictures. Laughing
lmao

202Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:02 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I do feel this is a bit of combining Kingdom Come and Alan Scott as Parallax but we'll see how it goes.

Seeing that base on the moon definitely gave me the KC vibe, which I'm totally a sucker for. It's possibly my favorite story, so I love seeing it pop up in continuity from time to time.

But yeah, the dialogue was rough and I'm NOT a fan of Bagley. He's not terrible by any means, but something about his work just seems off.

203Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Batman25JM wrote: and I LOVE Dick.

If you're just going to give me openings like this, at least have the good grace to attach nude pictures. Laughing

lmao lmao

204Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:07 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't get it. neutral

205Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I do feel this is a bit of combining Kingdom Come and Alan Scott as Parallax but we'll see how it goes.

Seeing that base on the moon definitely gave me the KC vibe, which I'm totally a sucker for. It's possibly my favorite story, so I love seeing it pop up in continuity from time to time.

But yeah, the dialogue was rough and I'm NOT a fan of Bagley. He's not terrible by any means, but something about his work just seems off.

Some of the dialogue was ok but not great. Bagley's art is growing on me but still is not totally there for me.

206Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:53 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So. Part 3 is out and it's ok. I feel like more should have happened though. I just don't know. Anyone feel that Faust might become a member of the JSA after this story? Overall, this is ok. Not great but I do hope something comes out of this story. I really do. With Kyle now in the picture and his revelation, I am a bit more curious about how this all will go down.

207Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:So. Part 3 is out and it's ok. I feel like more should have happened though. I just don't know. Anyone feel that Faust might become a member of the JSA after this story? Overall, this is ok. Not great but I do hope something comes out of this story. I really do. With Kyle now in the picture and his revelation, I am a bit more curious about how this all will go down.

I kind of doubt Faust on the JSA. I think they are paring the main group down to 5 or 6 when Guggenheim takes over after this an a one-off by Robinson.

I've been enjoying this story. It's the kind of big, all encompasing threat and cast the League should be taking on. Not 12 issues figuring out what's up with Red Tornado.

http://www.demonweasel.com

208Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:So. Part 3 is out and it's ok. I feel like more should have happened though. I just don't know. Anyone feel that Faust might become a member of the JSA after this story? Overall, this is ok. Not great but I do hope something comes out of this story. I really do. With Kyle now in the picture and his revelation, I am a bit more curious about how this all will go down.

I kind of doubt Faust on the JSA. I think they are paring the main group down to 5 or 6 when Guggenheim takes over after this an a one-off by Robinson.

I've been enjoying this story. It's the kind of big, all encompasing threat and cast the League should be taking on. Not 12 issues figuring out what's up with Red Tornado.

I agree that it's much better than the Red Tornado story. By far. I think one of the things that weirds me out a bit is the whole time jumping within the issue. You start off with a certain moment in time and then it jumps back three weeks and to me jumps around a lot. I'm not sure if that's part of Robinson's writing style but it's a bit jarring to me. Not a huge gripe when you consider the whole scheme of things but I do overall like it.

209Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League of America #47

I'm sorry, but I didn't enjoy at all. Well, I didn't enjoy the story/writing at all. I loved the art.

Robinson may have been good once (I'm taking people's word on that), but he's lost it. His writing is stiff, stale, and dated.

Kyle's lines at the end seemed wrong. They sounded like the word balloons that used to always appear on covers.

I'm pretty sure I'm done with this book after the crossover.

210Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:21 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:

Robinson may have been good once (I'm taking people's word on that), but he's lost it. His writing is stiff, stale, and dated.

I'm the same as you. One day I'll sit down and read Starman (never read it) but it's hard to believe it's any good after reading Robinson's work over the last couple of years. I've read enough good stuff about Starman, however, to know this must be a writer who's completely lost form.

211Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:44 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I read the last part of this story. Not bad but not great either.
Spoiler:
wasn't much of a surprise to me. So, we got a steady JLA team. I just don't know. I think I am going to stay onboard for the one-shot coming out and then starting with issue #50, we're going to see the JLA take on the Crime Syndicate which has me very curious. I really want to see Donna Troy take on Super Woman and Dick Grayson Batman take on Owl Man and so forth. Supergirl vs Ultraman should be cool as well. I guess we'll have Jade vs Power Ring and Jesse Quick vs Johnny Quick. Once that's done, I'll consider whether I want to continue but I was not completely impressed with this story. What I am confused about is was this supposed to have some kind of change for Alan Scott? Is he more powerful now?

212Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:04 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I feel like this whole story was just so Robinson can set up that splash page saying "Alan Scott is greatest Green Lantern!!"

What a waste

213Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:45 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I feel like this whole story was just so Robinson can set up that splash page saying "Alan Scott is greatest Green Lantern!!"

What a waste
Having read it again all at once, it did sort of feel that way. Was that really the point of this story? I am curious about the ramifications. The thing about Jade and Obsidian not being able to be near each other is kind of cool and I am curious to see if anything is different with Alan. Other than that, I got nothing from this story overall.

214Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:25 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Having read it again all at once, it did sort of feel that way. Was that really the point of this story? I am curious about the ramifications. The thing about Jade and Obsidian not being able to be near each other is kind of cool and I am curious to see if anything is different with Alan. Other than that, I got nothing from this story overall.

And possibly the return of Eclipso, but that didn't need a whole crossover to do

215Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:53 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While the main thrust of this story may be a little off, I think these are exactly the type of stories that a JLA book should be. Big threats, the big names in superhero-dom coming together to stop it. I like Dick as the leader here, and I think that the addition of Jesse Quick is good, but once again weird editorial mandates keep people that should be on the team off it. If Donna is going to sub for Wonder Woman and Kara for Superman, I don't see why Wally and Roy wouldn't be on the team (I mean, aside from the fact that they threw Roy under the bus) as well. Yeah, it'd be a little Titans heavy, but if you're not going to have the "real" team, then they should be picking up the slack.

216Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did anyone see Ethan Van Sciver's cover for JLA #50. He has a little hidden message in there. DC is now editing the cover.

Justice League of America - Page 9 Stfu2

look at Donna

217Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:07 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not sure I see it. I see the "f". Tried using "S" and "T" and the "U" but nothing.

Hahah! Oh, god, I'm an idiot. Is that it? tongue

218Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:14 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Not sure I see it. I see the "f". Tried using "S" and "T" and the "U" but nothing.

That's what I'm assuming. Smile

219Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:06 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:Not sure I see it. I see the "f". Tried using "S" and "T" and the "U" but nothing.

That's what I'm assuming. Smile

Yup that's it. Didio told EVS that he's no longer allowed to use the letter "f" anymore.

220Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:And possibly the return of Eclipso, but that didn't need a whole crossover to do
I didn't get that. Interesting. Where did you get the possible return of Eclipso?

Demonweasel wrote:While the main thrust of this story may be a little off, I think these are exactly the type of stories that a JLA book should be. Big threats, the big names in superhero-dom coming together to stop it. I like Dick as the leader here, and I think that the addition of Jesse Quick is good, but once again weird editorial mandates keep people that should be on the team off it. If Donna is going to sub for Wonder Woman and Kara for Superman, I don't see why Wally and Roy wouldn't be on the team (I mean, aside from the fact that they threw Roy under the bus) as well. Yeah, it'd be a little Titans heavy, but if you're not going to have the "real" team, then they should be picking up the slack.

I love the idea of Dick as team leader as well. I am a little bit annoyed not that Jesse is on the team but that Wally is not on the team. I mean, Jesse had her thing on the JSA and I just think it would have been awesome to have two long-life friends in Dick and Wally being on the JLA together. It could have had some great interactions. I get why Roy is not on the team and to be honest, if you had the two of them on the team (Roy and Wally) your just getting the New Teen Titans in the JLA for the most part. I like the roster for the most part. It's a rather interesting team. The upcoming story with the Crime Syndicate looks to be very interesting. The matchups are what I am most interested in.

221Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wish both Roy and Wally were on the team. I love both characters. I don't care if it would make the team like the Titans. It wouldn't bug me at all. Also, they aren't even using Wally right now. Since Barry came back Wally's pretty much been in limbo. If he's not going to be the star of the Flash book then put him on the JLA. And I'd have MUCH rather Roy just join the JLA than have all the crap that happened with him happen. I still hate what Robinson did to him.

222Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I wish both Roy and Wally were on the team. I love both characters. I don't care if it would make the team like the Titans. It wouldn't bug me at all. Also, they aren't even using Wally right now. Since Barry came back Wally's pretty much been in limbo. If he's not going to be the star of the Flash book then put him on the JLA. And I'd have MUCH rather Roy just join the JLA than have all the crap that happened with him happen. I still hate what Robinson did to him.

Wally is getting the John Stewart treatment. Y'know, before Green Lantern became the hottest franchise and they needed every Lantern they had in as many books possible. Even the black guy.

223Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^yes

224Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:15 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought that John Stewart is going to be a featured Green Lantern over in Green Lantern Corps. I had even heard that he was going to be promoted to Honor Guard and become Kyle's partner. As for Wally, I would love to have had him on the JLA. I did hear something about a Speed Force comic or something like that which would feature Wally and a few other speedsters. Was that right? I thought I remember Geoff saying something about that at SDCC.

225Justice League of America - Page 9 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I thought that John Stewart is going to be a featured Green Lantern over in Green Lantern Corps. I had even heard that he was going to be promoted to Honor Guard and become Kyle's partner. As for Wally, I would love to have had him on the JLA. I did hear something about a Speed Force comic or something like that which would feature Wally and a few other speedsters. Was that right? I thought I remember Geoff saying something about that at SDCC.

Yeah, now that Guy is in Emerald Warriors John is in GLC. I'd prefer to see him in the League because he fits there than Hal does (although there's no real reason Hal can't be in the League).

Ultimately, the League should have the biggest versions of the main DC characters doing super-hero stuff. Period. If you can't do that, then move down one rung on the ladder. That's Dick, Donna, Wally, Kara, Roy, John Stewart and the like. Jesse Quick is about 8th down on the list.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum