Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League of America

+19
Demonweasel
The Ignored One
Spazzy
Spider_Fan14
DickGrayson007
prescribeddrone
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Bigtymin504
Debaser77
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
Batman25JM
shiky800
shining knight
riv1
jaydee74
LordD3r3k
BlueMaxx
Metal Misfit
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

51Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:02 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Okay this has been bugging me and maybe somebody here can answer it for me.

I remembered something odd about Aquaman's death and went back and checked to confirm it. Back in Justice League of America #12 by Brad Meltzer and Ed Benes, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman were observing the new JLA as it was forming and talking about each member. This was clearly after Aquaman's supposed death, plus it couldn't be the new Aquaman cuz he and J'onn were reminiscing about the JLA's old days. Here's the issue:

Justice League of America - Page 3 Page19_1

So what happened here? I'm still not clear on Aquaman's apparent death. Did he really die and Meltzer and editors made a big mistake? Or was his death sort of retconned in for Blackest Night? Because I remember when I heard Aquaman would be rising from the dead in Blackest Night, I was like "Wasn't he just alive and kickin in JLA fairly recently?" scratch
I think that was totally out of continuity. Casting my memory back, if Arthur wasn't dead at that point, well he wasn't Aquaman he was this creature that no one actually realised was Aquaman. He certainly wouldn't have been reminiscing with J'onn.

Overall, this book is on the prescipice of being dropped for me.

What was out of continuity? I'm sorry, just trying to clarify what you're saying about this.

52Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:35 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

What was out of continuity? I'm sorry, just trying to clarify what you're saying about this.
Someone with a better memory than me might be able to shed better light on this but I think at the time Aquaman was doing that with J'onn in JLA I'm pretty sure he wasn't even Aquaman in his own book and hadn't been for quite some time. Oh and "out of continuity" was the wrong term from me - I should have said that it didn't seem to fit with current continuity at the time. It was definitely an in continuity story but the timing was off.

53Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Someone with a better memory than me might be able to shed better light on this but I think at the time Aquaman was doing that with J'onn in JLA I'm pretty sure he wasn't even Aquaman in his own book and hadn't been for quite some time. Oh and "out of continuity" was the wrong term from me - I should have said that it didn't seem to fit with current continuity at the time. It was definitely an in continuity story but the timing was off.

Okay, so I guess it was a mess up on DC's part.

54Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:51 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it was a fuck up on meltzers part

55Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:it was a fuck up on meltzers part

Yeah him and his editors.

56Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:18 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

So can someone explain to me why the Cry For Justice team isn't in this new series? I thought there were going to be taking over? I stopped reading CFJ with #2... I'm assuming Prometheus hurt 'em bad or killed some of them? huh

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

57Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:So can someone explain to me why the Cry For Justice team isn't in this new series? I thought there were going to be taking over? I stopped reading CFJ with #2... I'm assuming Prometheus hurt 'em bad or killed some of them? huh
Cry for Justice was initially going to be a second JLA team but at some point DC totally changed those plans and made it a mini with a specific storyline. Instead what you've got is James Robinson "taking over" the main JLA book with some of the repurcussions from this book flowing over to the main title.

58Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:20 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:i agree they need a revamp here. this book is boring and not worth $3.99
This is how I feel.

I finished it and wasn't impressed. The dialogue was very simplistic, "Let's fight crime." Like some have said, Donna was all, "I quit!" "Okay, I'm starting the team again!" WHA?!

Congorilla is on the cover, but not in the issue. Mon-El is boring...why not...not him? Supergirl was just in the...whatever. The new Justice League is basically Justice Titans as far as I can ascertain.
All the characters that left were kind of neat, like Vixen and Firestorm. Dr. Light is okay. Never got Reddy. His character is boring to me. I just...I don't know what to think. As soon as all the Titans showed up...I may drop this. My gut says to, but I don't know.

59Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:23 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

agreed i am most likelt going to drop this book after the next issue

60Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like this new team. I just want DC to do something with them.

61Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Next three issues and I'm almost positive I'm done.
Justice League of America - Page 3 14063_180x270

Justice League: The Rise and Fall Special
Justice League of America - Page 3 14336_180x270

Justice League of America - Page 3 14338_180x270

'Course, with issue #44 is a JSA crossover, and those can be fun. Apparently one of the members of JSA or JLA are joining the opposite team. I'm guessing it'll be a JSA member, and my guess is Obsidian, being that he's been in the background of JSA for the longest time, and no ones doing anything with him. Plus, Todd knows the current team, mostly, and Robinson loves lygopaths. ...I'm conflicted. And the Brightest Day stuff starts there and I'm thinking of getting that JLI/Brightest Day series that supposedly coincides with this title, amongst others. Damnit.

62Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:51 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm actually really looking forward to this new team. I like the dynamic that there's the same archetype of characters, but with different people behind the cowls it's a new twist on how the relationships will work.

63Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:12 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I'm actually really looking forward to this new team. I like the dynamic that there's the same archetype of characters, but with different people behind the cowls it's a new twist on how the relationships will work.

I agree. I just want something to happen already.

64Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I agree. I just want something to happen already.

I hear ya. But again, we're still in event mode. Books aren't going to start anything major until they get out from under the event shadow.

65Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought issue #42 was just meh. I want to like this book, I really do, but it just isn't good.

I really like this team and I wish something good would happen.

I LOVE Hal and Ollie, but I still think that Kyle and Roy should have been used instead. It's just too weird for Dick to be giving Hal orders.

66Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say that I liked this issue. It's a step in the right direction. I like the different thoughts about this team from Dick, Donna and Hal. It's supposed to be weird that Dick is giving orders to Hal. It's the idea and a very good one. I love the interaction between the new and older members and especially between the members that used to be Titans and the members who have always been JLA. I especially love the interaction between Cyborg and Red Tornado. While I think the fact that Donna being so eager to fight is a bit off, I think this issue has given me hope that this team will bring about some good stories. I enjoyed this issue a great deal and I have hope for future issues.

67Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:06 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dropped

68Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:07 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I gotta say that I liked this issue. It's a step in the right direction. I like the different thoughts about this team from Dick, Donna and Hal. It's supposed to be weird that Dick is giving orders to Hal. It's the idea and a very good one. I love the interaction between the new and older members and especially between the members that used to be Titans and the members who have always been JLA. I especially love the interaction between Cyborg and Red Tornado. While I think the fact that Donna being so eager to fight is a bit off, I think this issue has given me hope that this team will bring about some good stories. I enjoyed this issue a great deal and I have hope for future issues.

Agreed. The issue wasn't great, but it raised some interesting questions. I'm curious to see the story behind these evil New Gods. We've seen Dr. Impossible before, but this version of Orion and Big Barda are new.

69Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:36 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Brad Meltzer, where are you?

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

70Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:15 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Brad Meltzer, where are you?

Quoted for fucking truth.

71Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:40 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Don't worry; I just got my hands on a copy of the cartoon movie Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths...it'll suffice with a couple chicken quesadas 'til me gal gets out of work. Now that's my JLA.

72Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

LOOSECANNON wrote:Brad Meltzer, where are you?

Nowhere near to doing another JLA run, hopefully.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

73Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:13 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Metal Misfit, you're ^%&$*@# kidding?!

Right now the JLA is a dead concept. DEAD.

74Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:24 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Agreed. The issue wasn't great, but it raised some interesting questions. I'm curious to see the story behind these evil New Gods. We've seen Dr. Impossible before, but this version of Orion and Big Barda are new.
Is it a version of them or just people who are using their tech? That is the question.

I'm having such a hard time with Robinson's writing. I had never read much of his stuff before but I've heard such good things about what a great writer he is and I want to like his work or at the very least give it a chance but I'm really struggling. I'm finding it so hard to enjoy.

75Justice League of America - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League of America Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:30 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Right now the JLA is a dead concept. DEAD.

I agree with you on that but its been on a drip ever since grant morrison left. That was the last Great justice league run in my eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum