Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Thread

+30
TheBrownLantern
Debaser77
Heytherejeffro
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
hrdwrkngXsoldier
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
dmahoney
G_Zatara
Foreigner_Man
Mnemosis
KingJoffers
Fresh03
vikoros
Jango Fett
shiky800
The Ignored One
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
Administrator
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
Sandman
Bigtymin504
Chi-Town Spidey
Spider_Fan14
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 15]

101The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:54 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think you guys that aren't liking Romita's art here should hold judgment a little. Drawing pin-up images is not his thing (although I think these are pretty damn good). What he truly excels at is comic storytelling and action. I have a feeling he'll surprise a lot of yall once the book starts.

102The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:08 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's what I think the final roster should be:

Captain America (Bucky)
Iron Man
Thor
Spider-Woman
Hawkeye
Mockingbird
Spider-Man
Ms. Marvel
Beast
Captain Marvel (Noh-Varr)

If Luke Cage isn't on the roster, I think it would be cool if there was a new Heroes for Hire book. Luke and Jessica Jones (she's been wanting to become a hero again) start a new team with Iron Fist, Misty Knight, Shang-Chi and some others. I think Bendis could write the book too...maybe call it Avengers for Hire or something. Wink

103The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:39 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Bigtymin504 wrote:
The Ignored One wrote:They handle Spidey like a joke in NA. It's almost an insult to his character.
Not really. Peter has always used comedy and banter. Its part of his personality, and even his strategy in fights.

I understand that Spidey is supposed to have funny lines, but he's not supposed to be a walking punchline. Every time I saw him in New Avengers that seemed to be the deal.

Don't get me wrong, I like Spidey as a character, and if he was handled differently I would have absolutely no problem with him being an Avenger. I just don't like the way Bendis has written him.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

104The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:12 am

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

If Luke Cage isn't on the roster, I think it would be cool if there was a new Heroes for Hire book. Luke and Jessica Jones (she's been wanting to become a hero again) start a new team with Iron Fist, Misty Knight, Shang-Chi and some others. I think Bendis could write the book too...maybe call it Avengers for Hire or something.

I definitely wouldn't mind Cage leading a new HfH team. Never was a Shang Chi fan, but I liked what they were doing with the book pre-WWH.

I'd still like to see Cage stay with the Avengers, though. I'm not sure there is a physical need for him, but I feel like he's earned his place.

What I'm hoping for:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Spider-Woman
Hawkeye
Mockingbird
Ms. Marvel
Luke Cage

I wouldn't mind seeing Spider-Man. I don't read his main books, so it's nice to get my Spidey fix from the team. I definitely think it's time for Wolverine to move on.

I also wouldn't mind them bringing up one of the young ones. Get some good fresh blood in there with a twinge of idealism that has to learn the hard way how dirty and difficult it is to be an Avenger for real.

105The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:34 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

The Avengers Thread - Page 5 E97878d4fd7b96ed9e97f2ff972057f6

Man, I like that line up (with the addition of Cap and Iron Man, obviously). Probably just another collective image showing random heroes... but I wouldn't mind it as the team.

Of course, it is missing Thor. Maybe the big three are just pictured elsewhere... tongue

106The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:15 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

vikoros wrote:The Avengers Thread - Page 5 E97878d4fd7b96ed9e97f2ff972057f6

Man, I like that line up (with the addition of Cap and Iron Man, obviously). Probably just another collective image showing random heroes... but I wouldn't mind it as the team.

Of course, it is missing Thor. Maybe the big three are just pictured elsewhere... tongue

Looks nice. Yeah I think its just another assemblage of heroes but who knows. I hope Pym gets his own Avengers related book written by Slott. His work with Pym in Mighty Avengers has been awesome.

And is it just me or is Gorilla-Man trying to bite Mockingbird's shapely bum? huh

107The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Avengers5

Hells yeah!

108The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:40 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Starting to taste very classic. I like it.

109The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Jango Fett

Jango Fett
Cadet
Cadet

Bigtymin504 wrote:The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Avengers5

Hells yeah!

I really like Romita's Thor.

110The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jango Fett wrote:I really like Romita's Thor.

Yeah looks pretty badass. The gloves are a nice touch, reminds me of this...

The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Thor1

111The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Avengers5

Hells yeah!

Well......DAMN! I am jazzed beyond jazzed for this book.

112The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:34 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

BRIANMBENDIS

"The avengers announcement for next week will induce multiple nerdgasm"

From Bendis's Twitter.

Boy, they are doing a dang good job of getting me psyched up for this one.

113The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I do like JRJR's Thor. As I've said before, I don't really think Thor should be on the team, but whatever.

Here's what I'm hoping the team ends up being:

Cap (Bucky)
Iron Man
Thor
Spider-Woman
Hawkeye
Mockingbird
Spider-Man
Beast
Wolverine
Luke Cage

However, I'm not holding my breath for Wolverine. I'm 99% sure he won't be there. I'd also LOVE Iron Fist and Daredevil to join, but again I'm not holding my breath.

prescribeddrone wrote:I really want Spider-Man in the Avengers. I like the way Bendis writes him. He brings life to the team IMO. He belongs on the Avengers now as much as anybody on the team.

Regular 616 Spider-Man by Bendis is one of my favorites.

I completely agree with everything you said.

The Ignored One wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
The Ignored One wrote:They handle Spidey like a joke in NA. It's almost an insult to his character.
Not really. Peter has always used comedy and banter. Its part of his personality, and even his strategy in fights.

I understand that Spidey is supposed to have funny lines, but he's not supposed to be a walking punchline. Every time I saw him in New Avengers that seemed to be the deal.

Don't get me wrong, I like Spidey as a character, and if he was handled differently I would have absolutely no problem with him being an Avenger. I just don't like the way Bendis has written him.

I don't think he's a walking punch line. He's joking around because he's scared. It helps lighten the mood, and makes going into battle less horrifying.

114The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:08 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say, the more I think about it, the more I am changing my mind about Spidey being on the Avengers. I like it now. I want him on the team.

115The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:31 pm

KingJoffers

KingJoffers
Cadet
Cadet

Hella excited for this book, personally I love having JRJR on the title and I get Clint back as Hawkeye so Im all in. As far the lineup goes other than the 5 that have been revealed Im really hoping that Spiderman, Ms.Marvel, an Dr.Voodoo get a spot on the A-Team.

116The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:43 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Larfleeze+-+avengers

Laughing

117The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:29 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Best New Character of the Year Award goes to Larfleeze, that guy pops up everywhere, lol.

118The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:54 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Too bad, then, he was created two years ago.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

119The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:33 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Wow, has it been that long, I vaguely remember him in DCU #0, shadowed if I recall properly, but then he never showed up again until Agent Orange, early 2009, I guess that should be "Break Out Character of the Year" instead I suppose.

120The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

This one made me giggle like a teenage girl when I saw it over on Comic Vine:

The Avengers Thread - Page 5 1121981-av6_super

121The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:This one made me giggle like a teenage girl when I saw it over on Comic Vine:

The Avengers Thread - Page 5 1121981-av6_super

lmao

122The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:04 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

From Bendis' Twitter page:

The Avengers Thread - Page 5 34

Laughing

123The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:59 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just made this-

The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Nn8i3b

124The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:46 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

On a side note, Kurt Busiek returns to Marvel on Age of Heroes anthology book. Not to mention big time writers and artists like Rick Remender, Paul Cornell, Dan Slott, Marko Djurdjevic, Chris Samnee and Leonard Kirk.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Age-of-Heroes-Marvel-100210.html#comments

125The Avengers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:00 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:On a side note, Kurt Busiek returns to Marvel on Age of Heroes anthology book. Not to mention big time writers and artists like Rick Remender, Paul Cornell, Dan Slott, Marko Djurdjevic, Chris Samnee and Leonard Kirk.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Age-of-Heroes-Marvel-100210.html#comments

"and what happens when a member of MI:13 decides to ditch queen and country and defect to the U.S. of A." So I'm thinking your Spitfire guess with the Secret Avengers could be on the money, right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum