Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Men Origins: Magneto

+5
Foreigner_Man
Batman25JM
Bigtymin504
kidspider2099
BlueMaxx
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty X-Men Origins: Magneto Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:23 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Magneto movie? Out of the question? Do you still want it?

X-Men Origins: Magneto Magneto2
Considered more than just a denizen of development-hell, but what do you think?
X-Men Origins: Magneto Xmen_magneto1-thumb-550x305-16738

Fan-trailer:

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up with thoughts of production.

2X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:11 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah i'd like to see a magneto movie with a younger actor playing the young eric.

3X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:15 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This would be awesome. But from what I hear, I think they're going with the Bryan Singer directed X-Men: First Class instead. Which would feature the beginnings of both Magneto and Xavier.

4X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:06 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know if I'd want an Origins: Magneto movie. I love Magneto, but I don't know if I want a movie centered on just him.

5X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:21 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I know what you mean. Unless they went with the human-condition angle, I'm not sure it'd be that entertaining. Don't get me wrong, to see a Jewish mutant ripping through a legion of Nazis would be damned entertaining.

Bigtymin504 wrote:This would be awesome. But from what I hear, I think they're going with the Bryan Singer directed X-Men: First Class instead. Which would feature the beginnings of both Magneto and Xavier.
I'd heard that, too.

6X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:40 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I think a movie centered around Magneto would be absolutely fantastic. I'm serious. If they did make one, I wouldn't want just to see his origin, but his relationship with Charles, and his point of view of the events in his past and the events in the X-Men films. It'd be much more drama than the regular superhero fare, and probably much more dark, getting into the seriousness of WW2. By the end of the film, we should understand why he did what he did, sympathize with him, and feel sorry to see where he went wrong. I think it could be an absolutely amazing film if done right. Alas, it most likely would not catch the attention of regular moviegoers (but perhaps the Oscars) and FOX studios I don't trust to make a film like this..they'd try to throw in a bajillion cameos and a possibly ridiculous villain. None the less, I believe if done right, this could be the greatest superhero movie ever.

Last edited by Foreigner_Man on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total

7X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:41 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Oh, and that was an awesome trailer.

8X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:30 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I know what you mean. I'm wondering if it should start with him as a child and that be him meeting Charles in The States, with flashbacks filling in the pieces of his childhood and the camps.

9X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:08 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it could be pretty good, but I wouldn't see it doing very well in the box office.

10X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:18 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:I think it could be pretty good, but I wouldn't see it doing very well in the box office.
That's most likely why it is not being made. shake my head

11X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like most things, it all depends on who they were to get to write and direct, assuming if this movie ever claws its way out of film purgatory. Based simply on the track record of the Origin movies, I'd say no. Wolverine was one of the worst movies of 2009.

12X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:11 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That's also a good point. 50/50 with the X films, and the first step with Origins films was quite boring. Then again, First Class is being promoted, and it sounds like a bad idea.

13X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:03 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I like Magneto well enough, but I don't think he warrants a solo flick. I think it'd be a pretty dull movie, not entirely unlike Wolvie was.

14X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Magneto movie? Out of the question? Do you still want it?

I love that trailer. I would be down with a Magneto Origins. What I would love to see is a present day Magneto with flashbacks using the storyline of Testament. That was awesome and should be used in a Magneto Origins movie.

15X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:42 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:Magneto movie? Out of the question? Do you still want it?
\
I don't think I ever did! Laughing

16X-Men Origins: Magneto Empty Re: X-Men Origins: Magneto Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:27 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
I love that trailer. I would be down with a Magneto Origins. What I would love to see is a present day Magneto with flashbacks using the storyline of Testament. That was awesome and should be used in a Magneto Origins movie.
That could work. I thought the Cap movie was going to do that. Hopefully it'll be a little more explanatory and give more detail than XO: Wolverine. I noticed many put Wolverine Origins. Sorry, that bugs me. Heh.

Plus, to compare one movie because it has the titling of X-Men Origins, doesn't mean Magneto's story'll be bad. Technically the problem with Wolverine was there were far too many characters that went under-developed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum