Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Men Origins: Wolverine **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

+17
Topcat
Joshua
shining knight
Lee
Astro13Zombie
Airwolf
Mnemosis
Esbat
Silent K
Justin
blue halo
Ben Akers
Debaser77
Thundermatts
Administrator
Ska
gangsternerd
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1X-Men Origins: Wolverine **CONTAINS SPOILERS** Empty Just seen Wolverine!Time to sound off! Fri May 01, 2009 4:44 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

Just seen the flick beyond awesome!
Loved it as a movie as a comic fan we always gripe
I knew about Deadpool of course from watching the internet but of course still not happy.
It looks like first class is going to start right after this

What ending did you guys get?
I got the one of wolverine drinking the one on the internet

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men Origins: Wolverine **CONTAINS SPOILERS** Jay_sherman_it_stinks

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

you...uh.....stink!

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just wanted to see more Gambit was all. wub

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Okay, I haven't watched it yet but the first movie of the summer needs its own official thread.

The reviews so far mostly butcher it and the viewers (fans, to be precise) are not pleased either. From someone who watched it already, I heard that it's awful and that the most anticipated appearance - that of Deadpool - isn't worth it. And the rumor of multiple endings seems to be true, because someone else watched another version of the movie.

Now let's let people who really watched the movie post their thoughts.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

Gambit was handled extremely well though.
They didn't shove him down your throat.
(even though you wouldn't of mind)

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes! I'm on a friends computer so no more pointing and clicking to type!

I give Wolverine a C+, it's a little better than average. Highlights for me include the awesome action and fight scenes, and the fact that mother-fucking Gambit is finally in a movie! Contrary to apparently every other nerd alive, I really liked Deadpool, and thought Weapon XI was awesome. But as most of you know, I hate the character in the comics, so really didn't care what they changed about him. I thought the supporting cast of characters was diverse and fun, and they each pretty much got a moment or two to shine.

Sadly, there's a little more what didn't work than there is what did. The CGI in this film is horrid. I heard this is the most expensive X flick to date, and no where on the screen can you see why. One of the final scenes (It involves a group walking to a helicopter) looked like it was part of a Playstation One game. That creepy digital wrinkle removal from the third film returns briefly, and the worst offender is Wolvie's claws. Throughout the whole film, they're mostly computer generated, going against the previous films practical claws unless they're coming in or going out. Another giant complaint is the fact that there is almost no blood in this film. I don't need Hostel here, but with all the stabbing going on, it's jarringly noticeable.This film is also really funny in places it doesn't mean to be. You know, you laugh because what happening is terrible. I had a running count of how many times he looks into the sky and screams (Four), and the scene in the bathroom is so bad you think you're watching a poor mans dumb or dumber. One last thing, I was excited to see the Deadpool hidden ending, because it's the rarer of the two, but really, it is laughably stupid. People in the thatre who stayed were verbally making fun of it. I guess if you were a fan of the comics Deadpool you might enjoy it, but seeing him do in the movie the one thing I hate most about him in the comics was annoying, and everyone else just doesn't get it.

So it isn't terrible, but it's easily the worst out of the three X flicks, though three isn't that far ahead of it I guess. I'll own it when it's out, but I'll be picking it up on sale a few months after the DVD release.

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Judging from reviews and fan reaction, I'm wavering on whether to see this in the theater or not.

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I thought it was better than X3, but just barely. For as long as it was in development, the script could have been a lot stronger. It was fun to see on the big screen though.

I was disappointed with Gambit's lack of screen time, and with the Weapon XI transformation of Wade into Deadpool. I'm amazed that Marvel or anybody thinks that this movie will make Deadpool into a (more) popular character and open the door up for a franchise of its own (comic or movie).

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I watched the leak, and I'm planning on seeing the final version as soon as we have a sitter available. But please, someone tell me they opened the merc's mouth!!!

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

Deadpool = Darth Maul
Gambit = Willy Wonka on a Pogo Stick
Wolverine Claws = Knife hands from Who framed Roger Rabbit
Sabertooth = Lycan from Underworld

In movie retcons: 1
Overhead boom scream shots: 4
Matrix run and jump at each other shots: 3
Sarcastic Eye Rolls to the seats next to me: 12

Other things that I didn't like

Adamantium bullets erase memories?
Nobody goes to three mile island?
Patrick Stewart got eated by a computer.
Gambit has a stupid haircut.
Wolverine's fire escape garbage disposal.
Curly Cue Cooling Tower.

And of course, the whole slapping the Deadpool name on whatever character that was in the movie...
Its like they bought a Mustang, pried the badges off it and slapped it on a car they made themselves out of scrap metal.

I'm cool with them making new mutants, just don't mess up existing ones.

Other than that, the movie was entertaining enough for me to not check my watch. I give it a C

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Justin wrote:Deadpool = Darth Maul
Gambit = Willy Wonka on a Pogo Stick
Wolverine Claws = Knife hands from Who framed Roger Rabbit
Sabertooth = Lycan from Underworld

In movie retcons: 1
Overhead boom scream shots: 4
Matrix run and jump at each other shots: 3
Sarcastic Eye Rolls to the seats next to me: 12

Other things that I didn't like

Adamantium bullets erase memories?
Nobody goes to three mile island?
Patrick Stewart got eated by a computer.
Gambit has a stupid haircut.
Wolverine's fire escape garbage disposal.
Curly Cue Cooling Tower.

And of course, the whole slapping the Deadpool name on whatever character that was in the movie...
Its like they bought a Mustang, pried the badges off it and slapped it on a car they made themselves out of scrap metal.

Other than that, the movie was entertaining enough for me to not check my watch. I give it a C

Good stuff, Justin.

Our buddy Jose SWORE that Patrick Stewart was never on set.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I only check my watch during good movies, because I'm trying to see how much awesome I have left to go.

http://realityfugitives.com/

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Thundermatts wrote:
I give Wolverine a C+

The CGI in this film is horrid.

This was one of my BIGGEST concerns in watching the trailers, and I'm glad to see I wasn't over-reacting. I'm not someone who goes to movies FOR the special effects, but if they're bad enough, they can take me right out of the experience, and I suspect that's what would've happened here.

Justin wrote:

This was my other major concern. If you heard the PoP!cast, you know that the same treatment of Juggernaut in X3 is what sunk that movie for me. Once I saw the action figure of Wade, I was worried that's what was happening here. Seriously... couldn't they have gone the Daken route if they wanted and evil Wolverine?

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

saw it yesterday and here are some stuff off the bad that

i liked:
wade - KICK ASS! i dont care if he had a short scene - that was probably one of the coolest scenes i have seen marvel put on screen.

the fights scenes were cool - and the final battle was nicely done

at least hugh jackman played a really well wolverine and victor was pretty badass

blob was funny Smile

gambit's powers were nicely used

his wife or gf - is hot - id totaly hit that!

emma was cute - id hit that too!

victor was never called sabertooth... so i guess that is how they went around the tie in for x1

i didnt like:

in the beginning... no rose? Sad where is his love for the redheads!?

when logan has his claws drawn out - when getting up seems like they dont feel like the claws are in the right angle or very cg.. distracted me all the time.

keep the damn name to weapon11 - NOT deadpool.... plus that is all the power he had??? WEAK! he got no game aside from healing, teleportaion and fighting skills reflex (oh and the optic blast... wtf?!?!_)

gambit seemed sorta off on his accent (felt forced)

victor is a lycan or vampire - yes!

adamantium bullets.... erases memories... and puts a permanent hole in his skull? how did adamantium heal for the x1 movie brain scans? lol

patrick stewart wtf .... that was horrendous!! surprisingly cool to tie in with xmen and series timeline etc..but man was the shots for him aweful

ok so overall not tooo disappointed and agree with a C on the grading - worth seeing at least once Smile

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Really?.....I thought they would fuck up that character for sure....hmmm don't know

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Astro13Zombie wrote:Really?.....I thought they would fuck up that character for sure....hmmm don't know

IMHO, no character was truly fucked up beyond repair...but there was something wrong with just about everyone involved.

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

X-Men Origins: Wolverine **CONTAINS SPOILERS** Cd_00210

This is from 2004... guess they had Ryan Renolds in mind for awhile...

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I disagree with there being something wrong with everyone. I liked all the characters, and felt everyone was interesting.us The problems for me are strickly poor filmmaking. Lazy Cgi, poor attempts at humour, and some odd choices in the editing room. The story was solid and feel this one really didn't get what it deserved in post production.

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Here she be.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hated it....I really hated it and so did my dad some 50th birthday present that turned out to be....I had to promise I would take him to star trek to make up for him sitting through that garbage

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

As far as the Patrick Stewart thing goes. It looks like they tried to do the same thing they did in X3 where they de-aged him with the computer. The problem is that X3 had an infinitely superior SFX team, apparently.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Lee wrote:As far as the Patrick Stewart thing goes. It looks like they tried to do the same thing they did in X3 where they de-aged him with the computer. The problem is that X3 had an infinitely superior SFX team, apparently.
Infinitely.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The de-aging failed in X3 too.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts wrote:The de-aging failed in X3 too.

Disagree.

X-3 De-aging: 'WOW!'
Wolverine: 'UGH!'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum