Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Men Origins: Wolverine **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

+17
Topcat
Joshua
shining knight
Lee
Astro13Zombie
Airwolf
Mnemosis
Esbat
Silent K
Justin
blue halo
Ben Akers
Debaser77
Thundermatts
Administrator
Ska
gangsternerd
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

Hrm... lets see... X3 Patrick Stewart

X-Men Origins: Wolverine **CONTAINS SPOILERS** - Page 2 Old-xavier-x3
X-Men Origins: Wolverine **CONTAINS SPOILERS** - Page 2 Young-xavier-x3

Wolverine Patrick Stewart

X-Men Origins: Wolverine **CONTAINS SPOILERS** - Page 2 2007_02_24_vga

I dunno... what do you think?

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

You are the fucking king, my friend.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justin wrote:
Wolverine Claws = Knife hands from Who framed Roger Rabbit
Holy shit, I thought the EXACT same thing.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justin wrote:
Wolverine Patrick Stewart

X-Men Origins: Wolverine **CONTAINS SPOILERS** - Page 2 2007_02_24_vga

I dunno... what do you think?
Bullshit, he didn't look near that good in Wolverine. I think they just stretched skin across a basketball and drew on a smile.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I tried to watch the movie trying to ignore all comic book continuity, because I knew that would positively make me hate the movie. With that in mind, I still didn't like it.

Despite the deviations from the source material, I thought the first half was pretty good. About the time Logan got to the boxing ring the movie got exponentially worse every minute. I thought it was well-directed, but extremely poorly written. I do find it humorous that the X-men movies were essentially "The Wolverine Show" and when it comes time to make an X-men movie, they cram in as many fucking mutants as they can.

Off the top of my head, the things that bugged me:
-Why introduce 'The Merc with a mouth' if you're going to SEW HIS FUCKING MOUTH SHUT?
-Apparently decapitating someone doesn't stop optic blasts. In fact right now "Deadpool's" head is sitting on the ground, blasting a hole through the center of the earth.
-Why did Scott's optics char the school? If you're going to include pointless characters for no good reason at all, at least understand how their powers work.
-Why kill Logan's love interest at the end? A far more clever, tragic, and artistic close to that story would have been to let her live, but have Wolverine have no idea who she is.
-Xavier is a dick. He didn't even attempt to bring Logan with him.
-Xavier needs to sue his cosmetic surgeon.
-Gambit is such wasted fan-service. He had absolutely no bearing on the story, but they shoe-horned him in anyway. Awful.
-As mentioned in the other thread, when Wolverine is checking his claws out in the bathroom they look like hand-drawn animation straight out of Roger Rabbit.
-Why the fuck was Emma Frost in the movie and why the fuck did Logan marry her sister?
-The entire pathos of the movie, "Revenge on Stryker", is completely neutered and pointless because Stryker is clearly alive and doing well in X2. THIS IS BAD STORYTELLING.
-Why the fuck do they stop the credits to have Stryker answer for his crimes? See above.
-All in all, the second half of the movie is just extremely poorly written. There's no point to anything that happens. The screenwriter should go back to English 101.

I think what bums me out the most is that Wolverine's origin is a very rich and complex story rife with emotion and pathos and this movie completely disregards the fact.

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:"...To quote Stryker, “His brain may heal, but his memories won’t.” Wow. Really? That is sauce of the weakest variety."

lol! lol! lol!

http://www.tamarasanime.com

rwe1138

rwe1138

Justin wrote:X-Men Origins: Wolverine **CONTAINS SPOILERS** - Page 2 Cd_00210

This is from 2004... guess they had Ryan Renolds in mind for awhile...
Oh yeah, Reynold's has been trying to get a Deadpool flick off the ground for years.

I really made Eliza laugh when I called the Hudsons "Uncle Owen & Aunt Beru."

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

Thundermatts wrote:I disagree with there being something wrong with everyone. I liked all the characters, and felt everyone was interesting.us The problems for me are strictly poor filmmaking. Lazy Cgi, poor attempts at humor, and some odd choices in the editing room. The story was solid and feel this one really didn't get what it deserved in post production.

totally agree
Characters were done very well
and story was good
but bad choices after production was done

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Topcat wrote:
Lee wrote:"...To quote Stryker, “His brain may heal, but his memories won’t.” Wow. Really? That is sauce of the weakest variety."

lol! lol! lol!
Thangyaverruhmuch,

http://www.leerodriguez.net

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Look's like the sequel is a go already.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I saw this movie last week. A few days before it came out. It wasn't bad. If you o in and expect a popcorn summer action flick, you could do worse than this movie. It has nice explosions, fight scenes, intimidating action poses and that sort of stuff. They kind of play fast and loose with the characters and at one point in the movie at the end when we see what Stryker does with Deadpool, the first thought came to my mind was, they made Deadpool into Baraka? It wasn't bad but then again, I saw it for free. I would say it's a rental. Might even make it into my DVD collection. I have seen far worse than this movie but I have seen far better as well.

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:So, I saw this movie last week. A few days before it came out. It wasn't bad. If you o in and expect a popcorn summer action flick, you could do worse than this movie. It has nice explosions, fight scenes, intimidating action poses and that sort of stuff. They kind of play fast and loose with the characters and at one point in the movie at the end when we see what Stryker does with Deadpool, the first thought came to my mind was, they made Deadpool into Baraka? It wasn't bad but then again, I saw it for free. I would say it's a rental. Might even make it into my DVD collection. I have seen far worse than this movie but I have seen far better as well.

I had the same thought. I was waiting to here "FINISH HIM!"

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:I hated it....I really hated it and so did my dad some 50th birthday present that turned out to be....I had to promise I would take him to star trek to make up for him sitting through that garbage
That's funny. I just saw it today on my birthday with my dad (and brother.). I thought it coulda been way better. Also, Gambit WAS pointless and needed more time. I just thought that it could've been way better. Through the previews, I somehow had it in my head that we'd be inside the Weapon X facility and see more in-depth with the mutants in there. Quicksilver...why wasn't he in X3? Callisto instead. I get that they wanted to get into Morlocks, but...nevermind.
Silent K wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:The de-aging failed in X3 too.

Disagree.

X-3 De-aging: 'WOW!'
Wolverine: 'UGH!'
Heh. Ya. The CG was unbearably noticeable.

Rath99 wrote:
I had the same thought. I was waiting to here "FINISH HIM!"
Ha! BRUTALITY!

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Among my list of gripes, I forgot to mention that Cyclops received more screen time in this movie than either of the latter two X-men movies. Though to be fair, that's a condemnation against those movies as much as this one.

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:-Xavier needs to sue his cosmetic surgeon.

Laughing

Joshua wrote:-Gambit is such wasted fan-service. He had absolutely no bearing on the story, but they shoe-horned him in anyway. Awful.

^ Right on. They should've either given Gambit genuine merit or left him out entirely. It felt forced & unworthy.

http://www.tamarasanime.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum