Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jurassic Park the Lost World

+4
Thundermatts
Silent K
BlueMaxx
shark6495
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:31 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

So this movie is on tv up near me and of course I started watching this movie. So minus the giant flaws this movie had compared to the original, how did everyone on the boat die? The workers said there was only 1 animal on the boat, Trex, but all the workers were chewed up and dead. So either there were raptors/compies or something else on the boat to kill them, since the Trex was down in his loading cell. But what that does not answer is this: How come no one is seems to be distressed a boat full of people were killed by a mystery dino? Now I may buy the fact the Trex could have killed a bunch of people if he woke up on the boat, but there should have been at least two survivors, the unlucky guy who was pushing the button to keep the lid closed on Trex, and the captain....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

2Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:45 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ahaha! I remember thinking this as well. It wouldn't've been able to manuever to reach the captain, let alone most of the hands.

3Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:47 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The baby Rex?

4Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The first message board I ever joined was a Jurassic Park: The Lost World fansite. Believe me, we've discussed this plenty, and theres no good answer. The Rex got out, killed eveyone, then uh, got himself back in and sort of shut the doors. Duh.

5Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe there was a serial killer on the boat.

6Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:52 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I thought it was the baby too, but they make mention that they brought the baby on a chopper....

7Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A fun fan theory is that Raptors got on the boat and then juped ship when it crashed. Which was actually in the first draft of that version of the script. While Ian trie to get the Rex back, a group went to kill Raptors that was terrorizing a suburb.

8Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Cliff

Cliff
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

No, the baby rex was with Ludlow, Hammond's nephew, the whole time.

According to imdb, the script called for a scene where a group of raptors got on board The Venture before she set sail, which explained the crew being dead, but the scene was never filmed.

That makes sense. Either one raptor or several stalking and killing the crew stealthily until one final dying crew member gets the idea to open the cargo bay, giving the raptors a much bigger target and meal. The raptors head into the bay and the crew member closes the cargo doors before he dies, trapping the raptors inside with Momma Rex, who quickly dispatches of them. The crew is dead and The Venture is on autopilot until she smashes into the docks at San Diego.

9Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:07 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well i believe tmatts and cliff that there was suppose to be raptors, and really all they would have had to do was have one, just 1, dead raptor carcass on the boat and then it would have made sense..... argg

10Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:53 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i always thought it was compies myself.

11Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:07 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Heh. A whoooole bunch of compies. tongue

Thundermatts wrote:A fun fan theory is that Raptors got on the boat and then juped ship when it crashed. Which was actually in the first draft of that version of the script. While Ian trie to get the Rex back, a group went to kill Raptors that was terrorizing a suburb.
That would've been really cool. Much scarier too. 'Course, they may have thought that it'd take away from the rexing-rampage.

12Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:14 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ha i think the asians yelling and running took away from the rex rampage or maybe the rolling 76 ball took away from the rex rampage, or the other sight gags.... lol raptors would have made it very interesting

13Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ tongue At certain points, yes, it would've. Like that guy who tried to hide in that store (a video store, I believe) when running down the street from the T-rex. If he would've entered the store, feeling safe, looked up and saw two raptors both looking at him--one on top of a dead employee he's splayed open on top of the counter, and then charged. That would've been a nice satirical moment.

14Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:34 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ tongue At certain points, yes, it would've. Like that guy who tried to hide in that store (a video store, I believe) when running down the street from the T-rex. If he would've entered the store, feeling safe, looked up and saw two raptors both looking at him--one on top of a dead employee he's splayed open on top of the counter, and then charged. That would've been a nice satirical moment.

did anyone else notice the fake movie posters like Jack and beanstock with robin williams as Jack.

15Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I remember watching this in the theater...it was preposterous beyond all description, but admittedly quite a lot of fun. I was pissed that it didn't follow the book as closely, though.

16Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:19 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I remember watching this in the theater...it was preposterous beyond all description, but admittedly quite a lot of fun. I was pissed that it didn't follow the book as closely, though.

I saw it in theaters too and my best friend insisted we sat in the first row. That was very stupid.

17Jurassic Park the Lost World Empty Re: Jurassic Park the Lost World Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Cliff

Cliff
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

kidspider2099 wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:I remember watching this in the theater...it was preposterous beyond all description, but admittedly quite a lot of fun. I was pissed that it didn't follow the book as closely, though.

I saw it in theaters too and my best friend insisted we sat in the first row. That was very stupid.

Saw it five times when it came out. Best decision ever.

...then my cousin took me and a few of his friends to see the abomination that came out that year. Thank God I blocked most of that out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum