Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Jurassic Park Trilogy?

+6
Joshua
supervenom
Lee
Thundermatts
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:33 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Stumbled across this looking up Cap movie info and appropriate, considering Shark's Lost World thread.
New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Jurassic_Park_Gate_by_Bombillazo
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/14/a-new-jurassic-park-trilogy-is-on-its-way-with-a-completely-different-approach/
A New 'Jurassic Park' Trilogy Is On Its Way With A 'Completely Different' Approach
"Is it possible that we'll actually take a return trip to "Jurassic Park" at some point in the future? Judging by the amount of Hollywood remakes, retreads and reboots, it's more or less a certainty that the dinosaur-filled franchise will rear its head again before too much longer.

"Jurassic Park III" director Joe Johnston spoke about the topic at length in an interview with Box Office, during which he also described his upcoming work on "The First Avenger: Captain America." According to the filmmaker, not only will we see future installments of "Jurassic Park," those films will also go in a brand new direction.

"There is going to be a 'Jurassic Park IV,'" said Johnston. "And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three — it's essentially the beginning of the second 'Jurassic Park' trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way."

Different you say? Different as in dinosaurs in space? Dinosaurs in prison? Dinosaurs... in love?!?! At this point, it's just too early to say exactly what direction the new series is going in, but Johnston insists that there are more films on the way.

"If they keep working — and if audiences keep going to them — there's no reason why there wouldn't be," he said. "We just want to make them justified in their own right. We don't want to make sequel after sequel just because there's a market for it. We want to tell different, interesting stories. You don't want to just sell hamburger."

No, you don't. You want to sell dinoburger. Dinoburgers that can communicate not just with each other but also with particularly savvy paleontologists."

- Josh Wiggler

New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Jurassic-park-4New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Jurassic-park-4
Contrary to earlier rumors of Jurassic Park IV, like the first picture above, I'm thinking thre will be no intelligent, weaponized rexes or raptors in this new idea. But, who knows?

2New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:38 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Where the hell's a Dinoriders movie?!?

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

3New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:59 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I'm surprised that hasn't been remade into a new cartoon or something. Maybe with the success of these CGI flicks and 80s franchises, this'll come up in the next couple of years.

4New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lol, I keep forgetting that other people may still care about Jurassic Park and never post this kind of stuff, though I'm all over each new scrap of news. A quick rundown. A few years ago they were pushing ahead with a JP4 that seriously and really featured Raptors that were trained as soldiers, down to be taught how to use guns. Seriously. I promise that was an actual script, and the one Universal was gung ho about. Thankfully, someone stepped in and said no. Then Stevie himself said he had found a script that he loved loved loved, and they went ahead with that. THen a couple years of development Hell. Then Crichton died, and everyone was kinda "Oh, I think this should die with him, for some reason." Now a few months ago, Johntson (the director of 3. Don't hold that against him, he also helped design Boba Fett) said they were not only making 4, but a whole new trilogy. JP diehards like myself, are holding our breath.

5New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Sooo... The obvious question is "Why would anyone want to see a Jurassic Park movie with a 'completely different approach?'" I mean, isn't the point of those movies to see people chased by dinosaurs? That sort of seems like a wheel that doesn't need reinventing.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

6New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:53 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would rather see more Walking with Dinosaurs documentaries on the Discovery channel. Dinos with no visible annoying human characters. I liked the three Jurassic Park movies but I mainly watched them for the dinos. The some of the human characters were kinda annoying.

7New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want my raptor commandos, dammit.

8New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:14 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well if they do another movie/trilogy it would have to be on site B (assuming they would movies 4/5/6 and not a reboot). In the book and in the 3rd movie (it may have been the second when Hammond mentions a fortunate military exercise) the original island was destroyed. At the end of 3 we know the government knows about the animals. It would be interesting to see the government trying to turn site B into a tourist trap. Revamping the island, cross breeding the dinos making new ones. They could hire Tim (from the original movie) to be the new dino expert..... Maybe that would be a new direction? but yeah it would be slightly difficult to make a new direction out of a movie centered on one idea, dinos are created - bad things happen - people die.....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

9New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:34 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That sounds terrible. Cross breeding the dinos? Tim coming back? Ugh. I'm not sure what I want in a Jurassic Park 4, but I know it's not that lol.

10New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:39 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:well if they do another movie/trilogy it would have to be on site B (assuming they would movies 4/5/6 and not a reboot). In the book and in the 3rd movie (it may have been the second when Hammond mentions a fortunate military exercise) the original island was destroyed.

But not before they found (in the book) that the Raptors were using flotsam to float themselves in the direction of South America...so there could be a whole series of films about hunting raptors in the rain forest.

11New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'd prefer a Turok or Savage Land movie, personally.

12New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:53 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

superdoug I agree but I take the book and the movie as different universes.... but they could take the idea from the book so yea at least it makes sense, and hunting dinos in a forest would be interesting and somewhat new...
Tmatt they already cross bread dino dna with frog dna. So it would be a far stretch to say that a government (or individual) to try and breed certain traits into and out of dinos (think dogs)... so I dont think it would be terrible, plus they created all those cool chaos line toys

New Jurassic Park Trilogy? ChaosVelociraptoryxLoose1a
New Jurassic Park Trilogy? JP3CamoXtremecanyontrexloose
New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Ultimasaurus
New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Scutosaurus

Raptors

13New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In Jurassic Park 4, the only animals to be featured will be ones that were actually from the Jurassic period, rather than the Cretaceous.

14New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I think Tim coming back would be awesome!

And JP3 was great!

15New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:24 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

K is that a serious comment?^ I wish we had the sarc mark lol

16New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Serious as Cancer.

17New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:10 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I think Tim coming back would be awesome!

And JP3 was great!

I concur with Knize. Having Tim come back instead of Alan or Malcolm would be a nice little move. He'd be about thirty-five, and with his experience, I could see him being a dinosaur expert.

And I liked Jurassic Park III, as well. Granted, it was a mish-mash of shit they'd left out of the first two movies, but it was stitched together pretty nicely, and nobody was overly annoying in their characterization. Plus, no Malcolm, which made it even more of a pleasure to watch. tongue

18New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:12 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I agree 3 was better than 2....

You know what I wish the movies would have done, was take the part of the book where they mention inGen is bankrupt. Did they finally go bankrupt in the second movie? I think I missed that part. Plus the whole idea of Dodson has never come up except in the first movie. We know there was a separate organization who wanted to create new dinos but never got to.

19New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That is a very good point. I remember in the JP4 script that the shaving cream can that Dennis obtained was found and used to create hybrids.

Thundermatts wrote:lol, I keep forgetting that other people may still care about Jurassic Park and never post this kind of stuff, though I'm all over each new scrap of news. A quick rundown. A few years ago they were pushing ahead with a JP4 that seriously and really featured Raptors that were trained as soldiers, down to be taught how to use guns.
Speaking of hybrids, I thought the script had "tiny" T-Rexes (human-sized)?

Thundermatts wrote:That sounds terrible. Cross breeding the dinos? Tim coming back? Ugh. I'm not sure what I want in a Jurassic Park 4, but I know it's not that lol.
Dino Crisis 3 did that. tongue
New Jurassic Park Trilogy? 02
Frickin' Capcom. Giving your last of the main series to a completely different console? Rolling Eyes I wanted to play that. hmm

20New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No way is tim 35. Mid to late twenties.

Malcom is easily the best character in the books, and the films.

And I enjoy three as well, but better than TLW? You crazy.

They shot most of three as they wrote it, and it shows. Ecspecially since there's no ending.

In fact, Crichton had always toyed with writing another book featuring Ian, but one without Dinosaurs or Ingen or Biosyn. I wouldn't mind a movie along these lines. An Ian flick without Jurassic Park.

Also, the can had enough coolent for 48 hours (or something) anything in that can is long past expiration date.

21New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:00 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well the embroyo would have died but the genetic material would not evaporate so i could see something like a clean up crew going in there finding the canister slightly opened. They take it back to figure out what it is... etc etc etc hey its hollywood so anything is possible

Ian was great in the books but he was written slightly different for the movie. I liked him in the movie but not as much as I did in the book. and TLW was great until they brought it back to the states. It just became way hokey

22New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^
Thundermatts wrote:
Also, the can had enough coolent for 48 hours (or something) anything in that can is long past expiration date.
Forgot about that, but see, there's somewhat of a whole. They get DNA out of fossils to clone by combining frog DNA to them, but then they expire? scratch

And that just accents the hybrid idear we had goin' on earlier. All these dinos are technically hybrids with amphibian DNA, that's why they bred. Remembers's's'?

Thundermatts wrote:
No way is tim 35. Mid to late twenties.

And I enjoy three as well, but better than TLW? You crazy.

They shot most of three as they wrote it, and it shows. Ecspecially since there's no ending.
Oh yeah. Lost World was way superior in story. III was a redundancy of the original, in that they tried to steal raptor eggs, like Kevin with the DNA viles and they escape an island with Grant, the guy who knows all about dinos. And the F/X, specifically the CG, was really noticeable in the third one, oddly.

I will also ditto the Tim wants/statements about him being a good inclusion of the next films, and he would be early 30s. Because he was over ten in the first flick, which was in 1990, exactly 20 years ago. I know, it seemed like it wasn't that long ago. Despite them building up Tim being the intelligent one, I'd heard a friend said they changed it to the sister being a "hacker" to give her character something to do.

23New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:23 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

wasnt JP in 94? or 1993? But in the book it takes place in the 80s...... so theres that too.... and wow 20 years (give or take) oh my goodness. I was born in 85 and that means Im closer to 30 than I am to my original JP watching age.... oh god wheres the alcohol

24New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Empty Re: New Jurassic Park Trilogy? Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:42 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The movie came out June 11th 1993, and was set in the same year. Tim was exactly ten (at least, joseph was). In the book, Lex is the younger one (eight? I think) and Tim is the older (fourteen?) In the film, their ages were revearsed (not specific ages, but older/younger) because Spielberg wanted to work with Mazzello, after he was blown away by an audition Joseph did for Hook. He was too young for a role in that, but Spielberg said he would find something for them to work on together, and had them change the kids ages/roles around to do so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum