Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

How bad ass is your accent??

+28
MillionDollarGeek
Astro13Zombie
Sci-Fi
Thundermatts
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
hrdwrkngXsoldier
deadbolt85
Jherek
blue halo
JRob
Lewis Black is Sabertooth
Topcat
Janson
Administrator
J Nova
Debaser77
Esbat
Lee
superdoug
Joshua
shining knight
BlueMaxx
riv1
Ska
Silent K
Metal Misfit
Justin
FroZen
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:47 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:
Actually it was about the moms of all the people who mocked me!

PINCHE PUTAS - its like saying "You're all fucking bitches"

Y SU MADRES TODOS! - "and all your mothers, too!"

Simply saying "Y tu mama" (and your mother), is insult enough down here by the border.

Don't forget to call out your Mojatho's, and seperate them from the chicano's.

I remember when I first moved to texas (Pearsall to be exact). I was in 6th grade. Never heard spanish in my life. Well I got hosed on my electives moving in at the mid part of the year and was stuck in Life Management skills class. It was a cool class it was me 2 dudes and a bunch of chicks, 6th-8th graders in one classroom. One day While we were doing something our werra teacher Ms. Smith (we called her La Polla, cause she was scared of everything.) was helping someone across the room and turned to here cursing and a loud smack.

One of the girls in the class told me to ask an 8th grade rasa girl for some panocha, She was hella sexy and I thought it would impress her, because the other girl told me it ment tortillas. So I go to the principles office after they tell Ms Smith what I did and I'm sitting there and I don't know what happened. He had a really thick accent, like Cheech.

Mr. Salinas goes. "Mr Hayes, you can not be talking to the young girls the way you do like this. Why you say dirty things to that girl?"

I was like?? BUT MICKEY TOLD ME IT MEANT TORTILLAS!

He starts laughing his ass off at me and about a minute later calms down.

"Mr Hayes, do not be saying what these kids tell you. Panocha es espaniol for the pussy."

Light bulb goes off in my head and I finally understood what was going on.

"Mr Hayes, you come back and tell me any words you wanna know in espaniol, I'll tell you, but Mr hayes, Tortillias es espaniol for Tortillas."

I will never forget that day, ever.

77How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Lee wrote:
hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:
I still call everything a coke. that is the Texas way. You tell a waitress you want a coke, she will ask you what kind, and you answer "Mountain Dew."
They do that in Tennessee and it drives me NUTS!

Indeed. Plus, shopping carts are "buggies" in these parts.

78How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:25 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 1253639852586

79How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:26 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dude I haven't seen alot of useless thread ressurections since I spent time at... oh.

80How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:26 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

J Nova wrote:I have a slight British accent. I tend to lay it on thick to impress the ladies sometimes (and yes, amazingly, it works).

This here, on all counts.

81How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:39 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've had a couple of customers at work ask me where I was from. Didn't realize I talked funny. ._.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

82How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:42 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:I've had a couple of customers at work ask me where I was from. Didn't realize I talked funny. ._.

It could be a regional thing, if you are from aother state or something. I can spot a person from California within seconds of hearing them talk. And they generally aren't known for hving an accent. If you're Canadian however, let's just say it's quite obvious. Laughing

83How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:12 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I think I sound like a hick when I hear myself on a recording of some kind.

84How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:18 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sci-Fi wrote:I think I sound like a hick when I hear myself on a recording of some kind.
yes

Laughing Wink

85How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:19 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Astro13Zombie wrote:
Sci-Fi wrote:I think I sound like a hick when I hear myself on a recording of some kind.
yes

Laughing Wink

I gots proof on Youtube.

86How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:21 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sci-Fi wrote:
Astro13Zombie wrote:
yes

Laughing Wink

I gots proof on Youtube.
I know....... hmm

87How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:22 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Astro13Zombie wrote:
Sci-Fi wrote:
Astro13Zombie wrote:
yes

Laughing Wink

I gots proof on Youtube.
I know....... hmm

o.0 You do? neutral

88How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:40 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

my accent: California with a bit of mexican... and some lisp. fail.

89How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:54 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Vat ech-sent?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

90How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:22 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My accent is bad ass. I am not. An unfortunate state of affairs that means I'm far more dangerous over the phone.

91How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:30 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I was once told by a former co-worker that I look intimidating and screens badass attitude, until I speak up and talk in this soft, calm, nasal voice. Maybe we should switch vocal cords, Aussie...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

92How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:37 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:I was once told by a former co-worker that I look intimidating and screens badass attitude, until I speak up and talk in this soft, calm, nasal voice. Maybe we should switch vocal cords, Aussie...
Or maybe when you want to be bad ass I throw my voice ventriloquist style from around the corner. Convoluted but workable.

93How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:51 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

My accent is thoroughly English. It wavers (depending on who I'm talking to)between Thames Estuary English (Think David Tennant as the Doctor) through slight Mockney (Mock Cockney - Think David Bowie or Simon Pegg) to RP (Recieved Pronunciation - Think BBC news reader)
Of course being an actor I have a number of dialects I can adopt when necessary. In fact accents is one of my main skills. I pick em up dead easilly though and have to be careful when I travel that, when I talk to them and return thier own dialect, people don't think I'm taking the piss. How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 334450

94How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:58 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think I have an accent, but my grandmother from California says I have a drawl. I've done theater, so I know that I can lose the accent when I have to. However, when I get tired or angry, my Texas shows right through, and you'd think I was the voice of Deputy Dawg.

The accents that will make me give it up (seriously) are, in this order: Australian, Irish, Scottish, and British. Essentially, if your ancestors were criminals or druids, you can have me after five minutes' conversation. Wink

95How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't know until after my PoP!cast appearance that my NY accent was strong. I can hide it ok as long as I'm not asked to say coffee or New York.

I love hearing my grandmother talk English. Her Spanish accent is thick and makes a conversation with her in English a riot.

96How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:04 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've lived in Kentucky for most of my life and moved to Texas last year, yet I have no accent.

97How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think I have an accent...although I can do a British one if needed. Laughing

98How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:25 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I don't think I have an accent...although I can do a British one if needed. How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 29517

We'll let you know if we need you to help out. How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 29517

99How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:41 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I don't think I have an accent...although I can do a British one if needed. Laughing

I can do a British accent well enough to fool Americans. I was in a production of Noises Off in which only one person in the cast was actually British. It was very interesting...

I also had some fun when I was a senior in high school with going into various convenience stores around Oklahoma City and talking in various UK accents. One guy actually tried to call my bluff by asking where I was from, and when I replied with the name of a fake place that sounded nice and British, the other guy on duty said "Oh, I have friends who live there." Laughing It was priceless!

100How bad ass is your accent?? - Page 4 Empty Re: How bad ass is your accent?? Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have no accent anymore. 18 years in the Army tends to homogonize(sp) one's accent. Not always, mind you, but in my case it did. I used to talk like frikkin Andrew Dice Clay. Drill SGTs used to call me PVT Dice in Basic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum