Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seinfeld or Friends?

+22
Tom
C's Lady
superdoug
jaydee74
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
THALASTDRAGON
Goose
comicgeekelly
Kameo_Kid
deadbolt85
LordD3r3k
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
kreepfan
azrael07
prescribeddrone
Joshua
Bigtymin504
Administrator
supervenom
Off_White_Lantern
ChrisToPhenom
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

I Choose...

Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Vote_lcap63%Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 63% [ 17 ]
Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Vote_lcap37%Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 37% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 27

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:28 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I can't believe all the hate Friends is getting. angry

I can. And it feels good. *basks in the hate*

Laughing

THALASTDRAGON wrote:seinfeld easily, i never understood how people liked friends, it was awful, like seriously terrible, horrible cast and characters. seinfeld was hilarious, now jerry's stand-up moments were far from great, but everything else was worth watchin over and over

My feelings on this.

27Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:13 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked Friends better.

28Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:04 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is it fair to judge one show against the show that led into it on Thursday nights?

I liked both, although Friends got more out-and-out laughs out of me.

29Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Batman25JM wrote:Without a doubt my vote goes to Friends. It is by far my favorite show EVER!! I LOVE every season, and unlike Joshua, I think the last 3 seasons are the funniest.

I do not like Seinfeld AT ALL! I do not think Jerry Seinfeld is funny. The only positive thing in that show was Jason Alexander, and he still couldn't make me like it.

Kramer?!?!

Best. Character. Ever.

And Newman was always a riot.

I like Friends but the last few seasons and Joey did suck ass.

30Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:02 pm

C's Lady

C's Lady
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I chose Friends, mostly because I have really only watched it all the way through, unlike Seinfeld. But my true opinion is there is no way you can compare the 2. They are entirely different shows geared to entirely different viewers. Again, just my opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/crystal.vansickle?ref

31Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

C's Lady wrote:I chose Friends, mostly because I have really only watched it all the way through, unlike Seinfeld. But my true opinion is there is no way you can compare the 2. They are entirely different shows geared to entirely different viewers. Again, just my opinion.

THIS

Seinfeld would be nothing without Kramer. George had his moments, but Kramer was the star of that show.

32Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:01 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Honestly, is it really a fair comparison though? Yes, both had an ensemble cast, but this is like comparing apples to avocado in my opinion. Seinfeld has a different flow to it and unique. I'm hard to find a show to compare it to unsure Friends on the other hand could be compared to Coupling, Mad about You, How I met your mother and several other couple shows. I'll also go with Joshua and say that Friends ended on a sour note. It got too serious and became less about the laughs in the end. I still enjoy the show, and like Seinfeld, catch myself watching it when it's on. But Phoebe should have married the scientest who went to Minsk, Chandler should have married Janice, the Ross-Rachel debate should have ended with the birth of their daughter and Joey should have never got a show of his own Wink

33Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:15 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Honestly, is it really a fair comparison though? Yes, both had an ensemble cast, but this is like comparing apples to avocado in my opinion. Seinfeld has a different flow to it and unique. I'm hard to find a show to compare it to unsure Friends on the other hand could be compared to Coupling, Mad about You, How I met your mother and several other couple shows.

I'll give you Coupling and How I Met Your Mother, but Mad About You was about a married couple and the adjustments that come with such a relationship. You might as well say Friends was in the same vein as Everybody Loves Raymond or King of Queens.

Just because shows exist in the same TV universe (Seinfeld, Friends, Mad About You) doesn't mean that it's fair to compare them.

34Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Chandler should have married Janice
If you're willing to move to Yemen to get away from someone, you probably shouldn't marry that person. Wink

35Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:20 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seinfeld. I cant stand Friends

36Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have never watched an entire episode of Friends.

37Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think the earlier seasons of Friends were a lot better than the last few. The whole Joey/Rachel falling in love thing was stupid I thought. Seemed like they shoehorned it in.

38Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:35 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

There's only been ONE bit on Friends that drew a belly laugh from me (and even then, I was probably lit.) The Holiday Armadillo, Santa's representative of the southwestern United States!

39Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:40 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Holiday Armadillo taught us about Hanukkah, not Christmas. Santa asked him to stop by and teach Ben about the meaning of Hanukkah. Then Santa decided to stop by, followed by Superman. Laughing

40Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:25 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Well, yes, he did teach us about Hanukkah, but he identified himself as an employee of Santa. He's Clause's bitch.

41Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:55 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've read, understood and respect all of the replies in this thread but this isn't a comparison and wasn't until some of you mentioned that.

It's simply a poll wanting to know which they like better and why not the other. Same as the "Buffy or Angel" thread I posted. Maybe I think of the word compare in a different way but my question was not hard-which do you choose over the other.

42Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Without a doubt my vote goes to Friends. It is by far my favorite show EVER!! I LOVE every season, and unlike Joshua, I think the last 3 seasons are the funniest.

I do not like Seinfeld AT ALL! I do not think Jerry Seinfeld is funny. The only positive thing in that show was Jason Alexander, and he still couldn't make me like it.

Kramer?!?!

Best. Character. Ever.

And Newman was always a riot.

I like Friends but the last few seasons and Joey did suck ass.

Sorry, I don't really care for Kramer. He annoys me. Newman was fine though.

I also have to say that, while almost everyone I know hated it, I LOVED Joey.

The_Donster wrote:Honestly, is it really a fair comparison though? Yes, both had an ensemble cast, but this is like comparing apples to avocado in my opinion. Seinfeld has a different flow to it and unique. I'm hard to find a show to compare it to unsure Friends on the other hand could be compared to Coupling, Mad about You, How I met your mother and several other couple shows. I'll also go with Joshua and say that Friends ended on a sour note. It got too serious and became less about the laughs in the end. I still enjoy the show, and like Seinfeld, catch myself watching it when it's on. But Phoebe should have married the scientest who went to Minsk, Chandler should have married Janice, the Ross-Rachel debate should have ended with the birth of their daughter and Joey should have never got a show of his own Wink

Chandler should have in no way married Janice. He and Monica were a great couple.

I do not think the show got to serious at the end. It was still hilarious. If anything, it got more slapstick and jokey at the end.

deadbolt85 wrote:There's only been ONE bit on Friends that drew a belly laugh from me (and even then, I was probably lit.) The Holiday Armadillo, Santa's representative of the southwestern United States!

"And Mexico!!!"

43Seinfeld or Friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld or Friends? Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:neither. they both suck ass.
Mutual. But I picked Seinfeld for being less annoying. That could be because I've seen less Seinfeld than Friends, though. Heh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum