Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official; Doctor who thread

+28
Nubbins
GigaToast
Frank M. Reding
WonderWoman2.0
pumkinheadfan
Sapphire Gypsy
Juggalojohn
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
ChrisToPhenom
MikeSabian
Foreigner_Man
melvinlikechris
Denim
Que
comicgeekelly
elijahdprophet
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
BlueMaxx
Ska
supervenom
jaydee74
FroZen
Justin
Jherek
Silent K
superdoug
shining knight
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 42]

76The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:58 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:gosh I'm blanking....

incidently this weeks sarah jane referenced planet of the dead The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 29517

The quote was from New Earth after Rose snogs him while posessed by Cassandra (IIRC)

Hmm. I've really gotsta catch up with those SJA episodes.

Two days to go!

77The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Waters of Mars. All I can say is...

OH. MY. GOD! The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 899174

No spoilers from me but I'm desperate to talk about this episode with someone else who's seen it. There is some MAJOR shit going down with the Doctor.

Please don't read this if you don't want spoilers.
Spoiler:

78The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:11 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ Lucky bastard got to watch the show. All we got here in America was the 30 seconds or so preview that they showed on the Graham Norton Show last night.

79The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:20 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

comicgeekelly wrote:^^^ Lucky bastard got to watch the show. All we got here in America was the 30 seconds or so preview that they showed on the Graham Norton Show last night.
Aww! Sorry dude really didn't mean to rub it in but I was SO excited. It was a great episode. They must be showing it Staeside soon no?

80The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:34 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:Waters of Mars. All I can say is...

OH. MY. GOD! The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 899174

No spoilers from me but I'm desperate to talk about this episode with someone else who's seen it. There is some MAJOR shit going down with the Doctor.

Please don't read this if you don't want spoilers.
Spoiler:

This episode was sheer brilliance. Holy cow! I loved every moment of this special and the ending? Good Lord, that was brilliant!! Tennant took the Doctor to a place that I don't think he's gone in this incarnation and it was really cool to see and there has got to be consequences to it. I cannot wait til the next special. They are doing the end of Tennant's reign right.

81The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

They certainly are. I loved the cloister bell ringing in the Tardis at the end, that always means big trouble.

82The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

comicgeekelly wrote:^^^ Lucky bastard got to watch the show. All we got here in America was the 30 seconds or so preview that they showed on the Graham Norton Show last night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDwsSe0xsGw&feature=related
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 334450
Enjoy.

83The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:They certainly are. I loved the cloister bell ringing in the Tardis at the end, that always means big trouble.

I watched it on YouTube as well. Question. When was the first time we hear the cloister bell? Was it Logopolis or was it before?

84The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:20 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm pretty sure logopolis was the first time...

Spoiler:

and for the uk based fans dreamland starts on the red button on saturday and friday we'll see the teaser of the end of time as part of children in need

85The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:00 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

This was the scene as the episode ended in my house...

Long stunned silence.

Me.(In Comic Book Guy voice) Best. Episode. Ever.

My Friends. (Falling off sofa and rolling on floor) Bwah Ha ha ha ah ha ha!

I can't wait for Xmas. yeah that 'Skeletor' effect is intriguing, kinda made me think of the Master as a sorta Time Lord Black Lantern The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Affraid

86The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
Jherek wrote:They certainly are. I loved the cloister bell ringing in the Tardis at the end, that always means big trouble.

I watched it on YouTube as well. Question. When was the first time we hear the cloister bell? Was it Logopolis or was it before?

I think it was Logopolis too but I have a funny feeling there's been a warning signal heard in the Tardis before that. I'm thinking Hartnell or Troughton era. I'll do some research and see. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 334450

87The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

I think it was Logopolis too but I have a funny feeling there's been a warning signal heard in the Tardis before that. I'm thinking Hartnell or Troughton era. I'll do some research and see. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 334450

I was just curious. I've seen random stories with Troughton and Hartnell and one or two with Pertwee but never remembered if I heard the cloister bell before Logopolis. Still, it's an awesome thing to have and I love it.

88The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:39 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:
Aww! Sorry dude really didn't mean to rub it in but I was SO excited. It was a great episode. They must be showing it Staeside soon no?

I can't wait for this special. We have to wait until December 19th before BBC America shows it.

89The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:02 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
I was just curious. I've seen random stories with Troughton and Hartnell and one or two with Pertwee but never remembered if I heard the cloister bell before Logopolis. Still, it's an awesome thing to have and I love it.
Nope I can't find any reference to the Cloister Bell before Logopolis. Yeah I love it too. It shouldn't be devalued with overuse though. But I'll accept the Doctors impending death as good enough reason for it to peal now. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 334450

90The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:19 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDwsSe0xsGw&feature=related
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 334450
Enjoy.

Just noticed this now because I was hiding from spoilers. Thank you very much sir. I will get to watching tomorrow night.

91The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:50 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:This was the scene as the episode ended in my house...

Long stunned silence.

Me.(In Comic Book Guy voice) Best. Episode. Ever.

My Friends. (Falling off sofa and rolling on floor) Bwah Ha ha ha ah ha ha!]
That makes me sad that I don't have friends nearby who love Doctor Who as much as me so I can watch with them.
Jherek wrote:
I can't wait for Xmas. yeah that 'Skeletor' effect is intriguing, kinda made me think of the Master as a sorta Time Lord Black Lantern The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Affraid
I'm very curious about that Skeletor effect as well. Should be interesting to see how that is explained.

92The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:52 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can anyone tell me about the Doctor Who: Alien Armies Collectible Card Game? I have some cards but I don't know how to play. I got some cards in the new issue of Doctor Who Magazine and someone who bought the magazine gave me their cards as well so I have a fair amount but I want more.

93The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:05 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really couldn't tell you. I really just stick to the tv series (and those rather awesome classic series figures)

94The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:35 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:That makes me sad that I don't have friends nearby who love Doctor Who as much as me so I can watch with them.
Aww! now look what you've done makin me sad too The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 832855 for you.

But not to worry Jaydee. It's your job to convert as many of your pals to Who fans as you can. Look. I got you into the show via a message board so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find like minded souls in the US.

Wierdly over here us real Doctor Who geeks have almost the reverse problem. See in the UK the show is broadcast at prime time - 7pm on a Saturday night on the UK's main channel -BBC1. So probably more people watch it who aren't really that into it than fans, just coz it's on and they can't be bothered to switch channels. Then we have to put up with dumb comments the rest of the week from work colleagues and random guys in pubs talking bollocks about the show. So in a way you're lucky that for you Doctor Who is a secret indulgance. Or am I being elitist? The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Icon_scratch Just tryin ta help.

95The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:26 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just watched Waters of Mars. Holy crap was that good. The last 15 minutes or so were very interesting and brought something that I personally have never seen in The Doctor's character.

The guy playing the Master looked familiar. Does anybody know the actors name or anything that he was in?

96The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

John simm aka sam tyler in the real life on mars not that fake one they have in america

97The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:That makes me sad that I don't have friends nearby who love Doctor Who as much as me so I can watch with them.
Aww! now look what you've done makin me sad too The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 832855 for you.

But not to worry Jaydee. It's your job to convert as many of your pals to Who fans as you can. Look. I got you into the show via a message board so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find like minded souls in the US.

Wierdly over here us real Doctor Who geeks have almost the reverse problem. See in the UK the show is broadcast at prime time - 7pm on a Saturday night on the UK's main channel -BBC1. So probably more people watch it who aren't really that into it than fans, just coz it's on and they can't be bothered to switch channels. Then we have to put up with dumb comments the rest of the week from work colleagues and random guys in pubs talking bollocks about the show. So in a way you're lucky that for you Doctor Who is a secret indulgance. Or am I being elitist? The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Icon_scratch Just tryin ta help.

That makes me feel a bit better. It's one of those times where I wish I lived in the UK. For example, the Alien Army card game. I think for now it's only in the UK. I have a few cards that came in the newest issue of Doctor Who magazine and I've been able to get a few more but I want more and more importantly, I want a starter deck that hopefully comes with the rules. I also have these decks from a company called Top Trumps that is basically another way to play the card game "WAR". The difference is that they are Doctor Who cards. I'm getting my wife to play with me but even she doesn't like it all that much because it's Doctor Who. I watch as much as the classic series as I can and I am really loving it. I gotta say that I am quite fond of the Patrick Troughton stuff I've seen so far and I love love love Jamie McCrimmon. I've been reading the BBC books and I think those are pretty decent. I'm in the middle of reading "The Story of Martha" and it's really good. I'm in a huge Doctor Who kick and I think I enjoy Doctor Who more than I do Star Wars and Star Trek. I never thought that would be possible but I do. Now, here's what I need. I want some good Big FInish stories. Particularly with Paul McGann. I hear his stories are fairly good. Thanks.

98The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

comicgeekelly wrote:Just watched Waters of Mars. Holy crap was that good. The last 15 minutes or so were very interesting and brought something that I personally have never seen in The Doctor's character.

The guy playing the Master looked familiar. Does anybody know the actors name or anything that he was in?

The same John Simm who played the Master in Series Three. and yes of course Sam Tyler in the original UK 'Life on Mars'. But with a new blonde hairdo and apparantly some difficulty keeping his skeleton internal!?! The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 29517

99The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:53 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
That makes me feel a bit better. It's one of those times where I wish I lived in the UK. For example, the Alien Army card game. I think for now it's only in the UK. I have a few cards that came in the newest issue of Doctor Who magazine and I've been able to get a few more but I want more and more importantly, I want a starter deck that hopefully comes with the rules. I also have these decks from a company called Top Trumps that is basically another way to play the card game "WAR". The difference is that they are Doctor Who cards. I'm getting my wife to play with me but even she doesn't like it all that much because it's Doctor Who. I watch as much as the classic series as I can and I am really loving it. I gotta say that I am quite fond of the Patrick Troughton stuff I've seen so far and I love love love Jamie McCrimmon. I've been reading the BBC books and I think those are pretty decent. I'm in the middle of reading "The Story of Martha" and it's really good. I'm in a huge Doctor Who kick and I think I enjoy Doctor Who more than I do Star Wars and Star Trek. I never thought that would be possible but I do. Now, here's what I need. I want some good Big FInish stories. Particularly with Paul McGann. I hear his stories are fairly good. Thanks.

Not gonna be much help here Jaydee old chum. I'm like Shining Knight and really only bother with the TV show not any of the peripheral ephemera. (Except a few toys. models, annuals and bits and pieces). I've heard really good things about all the Big Finish productions I just don't have enough hours in my day to risk getting into them so I tend (reluctantly) to ignore them.

100The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:22 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:Just watched Waters of Mars. Holy crap was that good. The last 15 minutes or so were very interesting and brought something that I personally have never seen in The Doctor's character.

The same John Simm who played the Master in Series Three. and yes of course Sam Tyler in the original UK 'Life on Mars'. But with a new blonde hairdo and apparantly some difficulty keeping his skeleton internal!?! The official; Doctor who thread - Page 4 29517

Okay. Thanks guys. It was the blonde hair that threw me off. I thought he was the dude who was the main character in the first season of Primeval.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum