Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remake-a-Palooza!

+3
deadbolt85
Debaser77
Silent K
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Remake-a-Palooza! Empty Remake-a-Palooza! Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

This would've been the third "remake" story I posted in the hour, so why not just make a thread for ALL the announced or soon to be announced remakes?

Jennifer Lopez remakes "Overboard".

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/jennifer-lopez-goes-overboard?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=news&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+totalfilm%2Fimdbnews+%28Total+Film+IMDb+aggregate%29

Eighties romantic comedy Overboard is to be given an overhaul with Jennifer Lopez in the lead.

Nope, the remake commissioner over at Columbia really has no shame. While Overboard was by no means a masterpiece (Goldie Hawn is screechy, the plot's preposterous), it's entered that chamber marked 'adored classic' anyway, meaning quite a few people will be angry at a title-pillage.

Actress-slash-singer-slash-fashionista J-Lo would take the role previously inhabited by Hawn in the 1987 original – that of a spoiled rich gal who loses her memory after she falls off a yacht. Frankly, we're surprised that the studio didn't just go the obvious carbon copy route and draft in Hawn's daughter Kate Hudson for the role.

Anyway, when said rich girl wakes up with amnesia, the man who took her to hospital tells her that she is his wife, and the poor lass winds up enslaved to him and his four boys. Karmic punishment, that.

Kurt Russell starred as the faux husband in the original, though Lopez has yet to be given a playmate for the part.

Adam Cooper and Bill Collage wrote the current draft of the script, which Leslie Dixon also took a look at.

This would be Lopez’s first big screen outing since 2006, when she starred in El Cantante. She's stretched her comedy chops in similar girly yarns Monster-In-Law and The Wedding Planner, which were both moderately successful.

Think this one’s going to go down like a lead balloon?

2Remake-a-Palooza! Empty Re: Remake-a-Palooza! Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Because we all want to see THAT movie again. Rolling Eyes

3Remake-a-Palooza! Empty Re: Remake-a-Palooza! Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:46 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

TRACKSUITS! GETCHA TRACKSUITS! KOOL-AID! POISON
KOOL-AID HERE!

4Remake-a-Palooza! Empty Re: Remake-a-Palooza! Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:55 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DEAR GOD, NOOOOOOO!!!!!

That is one of my all-time favorite Goldie Hawn movies, and this news is enough to send me into a fetal position in the corner.

5Remake-a-Palooza! Empty Re: Remake-a-Palooza! Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:56 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

What size tracksuit, and what flavor Kool-Aid?

6Remake-a-Palooza! Empty Re: Remake-a-Palooza! Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Somehow, I think it would have been cool if Kate Hudson had played her mom's role.

7Remake-a-Palooza! Empty Re: Remake-a-Palooza! Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Overboard is a great 80's flick. I don't know HOW many Saturdays I spent watching it on WGN.

8Remake-a-Palooza! Empty Re: Remake-a-Palooza! Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:59 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This would be Lopez’s first big screen outing since 2006, when she starred in El Cantante. She's stretched her comedy chops in similar girly yarns Monster-In-Law and The Wedding Planner, which were both moderately successful.

That's incorrect, isn't it? Didn't she just have a comedy movie come out with her as a pregnant chick?

9Remake-a-Palooza! Empty Re: Remake-a-Palooza! Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

superdoug wrote:

That's incorrect, isn't it? Didn't she just have a comedy movie come out with her as a pregnant chick?

Yeah...The Backup Plan comes out April 23rd.

10Remake-a-Palooza! Empty Re: Remake-a-Palooza! Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm gonna sleep outside in a sleeping bag to get the early-bird special priced tickets. Unless it gets a midnight showing. *crosses fingers*

11Remake-a-Palooza! Empty Re: Remake-a-Palooza! Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:44 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The only remake I'd see J'lo in is a celebrity sex tape remake.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum