Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Karate Kid Remake

+19
Thundermatts
Gandicles
Off_White_Lantern
riv1
Joshua
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Denim
Rath99
Silent K
Spider_Fan14
MillionDollarGeek
Tom
kidspider2099
Sandman
Debaser77
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
ChrisToPhenom
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Karate Kid Remake Empty The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:01 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

An upcoming remake of 1984's original Karate Kid this year aiming for June 11th, 2010. I don't know about you but I can actually say this is a movie worth remaking. I'm also happy Jaden Smith is getting some new work and Jackie Chan as his master is a good choice. Jaden's father, Will Smith will be produced by him so this should be interesting having him over his shoulders.

I have not seen "The Next Karate Kid" but I have seen the first three as a kid and loved them sometime in the 90s but I'm ready or this remake. Yes, I know Jaden's character may be stereotypical but we'll see... Some say Taylor Lautner would have been a better cast which doesn't sound like a bad idea with him being very much experienced in martial arts but let's see what Will's son can do here. Smile

Trailer-

IMDb-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1155076/

Wiki-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Karate_Kid_%282010_film%29

Poster-

The Karate Kid Remake The_karate_kid_poster-535x427

2The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:25 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hmm, it doesn't look as bad as I expected. Cool.

3The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:40 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

gross gross gross

Looks absolutely fucking horrible.

4The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:09 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Boo.

5The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Hmm, it doesn't look as bad as I expected. Cool.

gotta go with you here, I am not saying it is good but it looks better than I expected

6The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:02 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i think its awful its not even faithful to the original.

7The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

[quote="Combo Mo"]gross gross gross

Looks absolutely fucking horrible.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

8The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:57 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I swear to god, if I see some little kid coming out of the movies trying to do Karate moves, im super kicking him in the face.

9The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:09 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

the trailer looks cool but movie trailers are frequently damn dirty liars. Why would they want kids? Sounds like they're making it for kids and this sort of doesn't really seem like a kids thing but maybe i'll be proven wrong, as long as there aren't many moron kids trying to kick the crap out of everyone with stuff from the movie.

10The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I think it looks decent...but I resent the fact that it's "The Karate Kid". Although..."The Karate Kid" doesn't mean it has to be Ralph Macchio...and Jackie Chan looks like he's going to make Mr. Miyagi his own.

I'd see it.

11The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:32 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For some reason, I keep thinking of

The Karate Kid Remake Boondocks-riley-thumb-382x3221

when I see Jaden

12The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

doesn't look as bad as I thought. Still won't see it lol

13The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No desire to see this whatsoever.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

14The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:14 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:
Heh. That cartoon character does look a lot like him.

Sandman wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:Hmm, it doesn't look as bad as I expected. Cool.
gotta go with you here, I am not saying it is good but it looks better than I expected
That's how I felt. I cam into the thread with a frown, but it didn't look awful. Don't wanna see it Laughing, but it doesn't look bad. So, ya, I'm with Rath. Kind of a don't-care attitude towards it.

MillionDollarGeek wrote:I swear to god, if I see some little kid coming out of the movies trying to do Karate moves, im super kicking him in the face.
Twisted Evil That reminded me of a...damn. One of the X-Men flicks with a kid making a fist and slashing everyone with invisible claws as the walked around him in the hall. I was thinking, "Where are the parents? Cause if I don't see them, I'm gonna risk slapping the kid in the back of the head if I don't see dad."

15The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not interested in seeing this but it does look better than I thought it would when I first heard about this.

16The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While I have no interest in seeing it I don't begrudge anyone for making it. At the very least it could stir up interest in the original and people who would never have seen it otherwise will get to experience a great movie.

17The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:While I have no interest in seeing it I don't begrudge anyone for making it. At the very least it could stir up interest in the original and people who would never have seen it otherwise will get to experience a great movie.

Very true.

18The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:07 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It looks fun.

19The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:It looks fun.

Sort of but I'm just not as interested.

20The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:35 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:For some reason, I keep thinking of

when I see Jaden
Wow-I thought I was weird for thinking the same thing.

21The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:For some reason, I keep thinking of

when I see Jaden

That is rather funny.

22The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:37 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Karate Kid remake...Really? C'mon Hollywood get out of this horrible remake phase. I guess if people are stupid enough to spend their money this way...

23The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:38 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

Starring Jaden Smith

No thank you sir. The Day The Earth Stood Still was enough to make me not want to see anything with him in it ever again.

24The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:Karate Kid remake...Really? C'mon Hollywood get out of this horrible remake phase. I guess if people are stupid enough to spend their money this way...
Phase? It's not like re-making movies is a new concept.

25The Karate Kid Remake Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:22 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Well, for the past decade, studios have been crankin'em out nonstop compared to day's past.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum