Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Karate Kid Remake

+19
Thundermatts
Gandicles
Off_White_Lantern
riv1
Joshua
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Denim
Rath99
Silent K
Spider_Fan14
MillionDollarGeek
Tom
kidspider2099
Sandman
Debaser77
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
ChrisToPhenom
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Joshua wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:Karate Kid remake...Really? C'mon Hollywood get out of this horrible remake phase. I guess if people are stupid enough to spend their money this way...
Phase? It's not like re-making movies is a new concept.

They have been putting out more than 50% remakes for the last few years in case u didnt realize it lol. Just about any horror and many sci fi flicks of the past decade were remakes. Trust me movies are at their most unoriginal right now.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/166239/55_movie_remakes_currently_in_the_works.html

It didnt used to be like this but I assume your probably in your teens and dont know any different.

27The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Joshua wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:Karate Kid remake...Really? C'mon Hollywood get out of this horrible remake phase. I guess if people are stupid enough to spend their money this way...

They have been putting out more than 50% remakes for the last few years in case u didnt realize it lol. Just about any horror and many sci fi flicks of the past decade were remakes. Trust me movies are at their most unoriginal right now.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/166239/55_movie_remakes_currently_in_the_works.html

It didnt used to be like this but I assume your probably in your teens and dont know any different.
Your condescension aside, they haven't only begun started making movie remakes. It's a time-honored practice:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_remakes_A-M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_remakes_N-Z

28The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Joshua wrote:

sh*t, that's a big list. What's with Michael Bay making remakes of horror movies? i don't really consider Jetsons a remake it's more of a new adaptation to me.

29The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:26 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's an interesting list but there's only a few including The Karate Kid, Metropolis (never seen the original but I'm intrigued) Akira and Child's Play (definitely).

30The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

ChrisToPhenom wrote:That's an interesting list but there's only a few including The Karate Kid, Metropolis (never seen the original but I'm intrigued) Akira and Child's Play (definitely).

It was the first thing that popped up when I googled "movie Remakes" so I dont know how accurate it is.

31The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:41 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Joshua wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Joshua wrote:

Your condescension aside, they haven't only begun started making movie remakes. It's a time-honored practice:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_remakes_A-M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_remakes_N-Z

I didnt look at the Wiki lists cause I know they have remade movies since movies began. What I was saying is that its common knowledge to anyone watching films that they are making more remakes today than original films. U could probably add this past decade up and it would total more than 5 or 6 decades of remakes.

I really wasnt joking about the teen comment though as that is who watches the majority of these shitty remakes---kids that probably dont even know they are remakes. At least I hope it was teens that saw The Day the Earth Stood Still remake : ) Cant blame Hollywood though why would u make an original film when u could rehash garbage that people pay to see?

32The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:44 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off White Lantern, 500 to 600 films come out each year, and that list is 55, and some of them will come out this year, next year, the year after, or not at all, so no, fifty percent of films are not remakes. You do this stuff all the time. And by this stuff, I mean sound like a douche.

Very Happy Bam. Immunity.

33The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

I guess technically this should be called "the kung fu Kid" because that is what he will be learning.

34The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Thundermatts wrote:Off White Lantern, 500 to 600 films come out each year, and that list is 55, and some of them will come out this year, next year, the year after, or not at all, so no, fifty percent of films are not remakes. You do this stuff all the time. And by this stuff, I mean sound like a douche.

Very Happy Bam. Immunity.

Go Bengals!!! : )

If u actually read my post I was talking about horror and Sci fi which make up the majority of the remakes and do total at least 50% of their output. I would have a hard time finding an original horror movie from the last few yrs.

35The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:02 am

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Sandman wrote:I guess technically this should be called "the kung fu Kid" because that is what he will be learning.
They should yes...but they won't. Why? Because apparently Americans are too stupid to know the difference or just don't give a damn. I for one think it's stupid as hell to call the movie The Karate Kid...if throughout the movie no mention is made of Karate....It's all about Kung fu. and to be completely honest The last Movie I'd want to see is one where Jackie Chan is yelling at a kid to "Jacket off" lol

Sorry if there was another topic on this...I can't seem to find it.

36The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:17 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It looks decent in its own right. I wonder how many people are raging because it is called the Karate Kid and not some other name. I think people are hung up on its association with the original Karate Kid movie.

37The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:25 am

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

I believe it is called The Kung Fu Kid in other countries

38The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:43 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:I guess technically this should be called "the kung fu Kid" because that is what he will be learning.
I was thinking the same thing.

39The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:16 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kung-fu kid would make sense, you know, because it's in CHINA and NOT Japan.

Though, I think the style is more like wu-shu if anything. Technicality, I know.

40The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:04 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote:Kung-fu kid would make sense, you know, because it's in CHINA and NOT Japan.

Though, I think the style is more like wu-shu if anything. Technicality, I know.

The Kung-Fu Kid would make sense because Jackie Chan in the movie says he will teach the kid "kung-fu". Sleep

In any case, they should have called it "The Kung-Fu Kid", then again, do that and people will call it a Karate Kid knock-off. Call it Karate Kid and people will bitch about how it's not like the old movie or scream "remakes!!". I have no problem with them recylcing an old plot (so it seems), but I can't help but think that this movie did not stand much of a chance. don't know

41The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:25 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey, I forgot to mention to you all that last Thursday, there was a red carpet premiere at a theater in front of my bus-stop to work. I saw some tour buses in the parking lot but didn't see who was there. I swear if I knew Will Smith, his son or both were there, I would've took off work in the middle of my probation at the UPS hub. A radio station was there also.

42The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:13 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That sucks, too bad you missed them.

When exactly does the flick come out again?

43The Karate Kid Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Karate Kid Remake Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:25 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^June 11

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum