Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Horror Cast

+12
Foxy
BlueMaxx
pumkinheadfan
melvinlikechris
Astro13Zombie
MikeSabian
Lee
shining knight
Silent K
potatojoe
Spaced4SimonPegg
The Ignored One
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*Is very excited for horror cast*

27The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:51 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm down for doing this but with my move, finding a new job and going back to school, it's gonna take some time. Wink

28The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:36 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you get this thing set up I would love to be involved, horror movies are a kinda speciality of mine.

29The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:35 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looking at setting up in the next week or so.......

30The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:04 pm

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Any further word on this? I'd love to be involved somehow. I think we definately have enough horror fans to bring some serious discussion!

31The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

32The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:55 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Please someone make this happen, I wanna have some arguments! Like how Rob Zombie's Halloween is awesome. you're gonna get it

33The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:36 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

I'm all for a horror cast! I would like to be apart of this, but I work 2nd shift and with Christmas season coming up I might not be around when your recording the show. If you guys need any help coming up with ideas for discussions or DVD recommendations/reviews on the pop-cast let me know. I'm sure this will get off the ground.

34The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:05 pm

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Consider it a New Years Resolution to get this f**ker off the ground! evil

35The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

GAUNTLET!

36The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:Please someone make this happen, I wanna have some arguments! Like how Rob Zombie's Halloween is awesome. you're gonna get it

Thems fighting words you're gonna get it

37The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FIGHT! *Rings bell I pulled from my pocket*

The Horror Cast - Page 2 Superbeasto-MichaelMyers

38The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Very Happy

We would have a very interesting conversation about it neutral

Laughing Laughing

39The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I love Zombie's Halloween. And I like the sequel.

http://www.foxyart.net

40The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:30 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm still afraid to see the sequel, from what I've been hearing. I actually thought the remake of Halloween was...dare I say it? Better than the original. :/ *waits for shitstorm*

41The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:40 am

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

Zombie's Halloween really isnt bad, but I still maintain that Michael is much scarier without a back-story. The whole thing of him just being a little boy that snapped for no reason and killed his family was one of my biggest draws to the story. don't know

42The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:I love Zombie's Halloween. And I like the sequel.

BlueMaxx wrote:I'm still afraid to see the sequel, from what I've been hearing. I actually thought the remake of Halloween was...dare I say it? Better than the original. :/ *waits for shitstorm*

Have you all gone mad Shocked Wink

goatt wrote:Zombie's Halloween really isnt bad, but I still maintain that Michael is much scarier without a back-story. The whole thing of him just being a little boy that snapped for no reason and killed his family was one of my biggest draws to the story. don't know

I will agree with you except that it was that bad. I agree MM didn't need a backstory and to have it be because my super slutty sister wouldn't take me trick r treating I guess I will be a murdering psychopath huh scratch And why was MM family complete white trash? Cuz in the original they didn't live in white trashville.

43The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:38 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
melvinlikechris wrote:Please someone make this happen, I wanna have some arguments! Like how Rob Zombie's Halloween is awesome. you're gonna get it

C'mon, its a good film

its not as bad as Black Xmas murderous

44The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:52 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The bogey man should not be a mama's boy.

45The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

I will agree with you except that it was that bad. I agree MM didn't need a backstory and to have it be because my super slutty sister wouldn't take me trick r treating I guess I will be a murdering psychopath huh scratch And why was MM family complete white trash? Cuz in the original they didn't live in white trashville.

Here's the thing: it's Zombie's Halloween, not Carpenter's. It's a re-imaging of the original. If it had been the same story, nothing changed, why even bother retelling it?

And that's not why Michael became a monster, he was already was one. He murdered and mutilated animals, and that home life cultivated his rage and mental instability. Halloween just happened to be the day he snapped - besides, he already beat a kid to death earlier in the day.

46The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:he already beat a kid to death earlier in the day.

yeah, why is that never mentioned again in the film?

47The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:49 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That part in the film is amazing. The first Zombie Halloween is pretty good. The second, not so much.

48The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

C'mon, its a good film

its not as bad as Black Xmas murderous

Are you talking about the remake of Black Christmas or original?? I couldn't finish watching the original but the remake is a totally guilty pleasure of mine. But, I can understand how people don't like it. Laughing

Foxy wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

Here's the thing: it's Zombie's Halloween, not Carpenter's. It's a re-imaging of the original. If it had been the same story, nothing changed, why even bother retelling it?

And that's not why Michael became a monster, he was already was one. He murdered and mutilated animals, and that home life cultivated his rage and mental instability. Halloween just happened to be the day he snapped - besides, he already beat a kid to death earlier in the day.

A re anything is a redo. The truth is Halloween is one of those movies that didn't need a backstory to MM. Fans were fine with the way it was. But, what Zombie did was take the same elements and characterization from House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects and apply them to Halloween and it just didn't work.

Don't get me wrong I love House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects is in my top 10. I love the character of Baby Firefly and I get shit blown at me because I like Sheri Moon Zombie. I went into RZ's Halloween and I said it was going to rock and I was so disappointed it was beyond measurable. His "reimaging" could have been a regular horror movie with out Halloween or MM attached to the storyline and it would have been fine. But, Halloween is such an iconic movie that the way he reimagined it took it to a place it never need to go and was completely unecessary and if Donald Pleasant could have seen his character in RZ H2 he would be rolling in his grave.

49The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

We will have to agree to disagree on this one then. ...and I actually like McDowell's Loomis better than Pleasence's version. Laughing

I am totally with you on liking Rejects, 1000 Corpses and SMZ. Have you been to Total Skull (Sherri's store)? http://totalskull.shop.bravadousa.com/ I got my hoodie from them and I LOVE it.

50The Horror Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ I have been to her store. I have 2 of her shirts but I bought them through Hot Topic. I have the grey of just her and a black and gold that says "Zombie" and it is 3 pics of her. I love those hoodies. The prices are a bit salty but I still like her stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum