The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Horror Cast

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26 Re: The Horror Cast on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Astro13Zombie

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
*Is very excited for horror cast*

View user profile

27 Re: The Horror Cast on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:51 am

potatojoe

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm down for doing this but with my move, finding a new job and going back to school, it's gonna take some time. Wink

View user profile

28 Re: The Horror Cast on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:36 am

melvinlikechris

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
If you get this thing set up I would love to be involved, horror movies are a kinda speciality of mine.

View user profile

29 Re: The Horror Cast on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:35 pm

potatojoe

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Looking at setting up in the next week or so.......

View user profile

30 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:04 pm

Any further word on this? I'd love to be involved somehow. I think we definately have enough horror fans to bring some serious discussion!

View user profile

31 Re: The Horror Cast on Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil


------------------------------------




Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

32 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:55 pm

melvinlikechris

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Please someone make this happen, I wanna have some arguments! Like how Rob Zombie's Halloween is awesome. you're gonna get it

View user profile

33 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:36 pm

I'm all for a horror cast! I would like to be apart of this, but I work 2nd shift and with Christmas season coming up I might not be around when your recording the show. If you guys need any help coming up with ideas for discussions or DVD recommendations/reviews on the pop-cast let me know. I'm sure this will get off the ground.

View user profile

34 Re: The Horror Cast on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:05 pm

Consider it a New Years Resolution to get this f**ker off the ground! evil

View user profile

35 Re: The Horror Cast on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Silent K

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
GAUNTLET!


------------------------------------
View user profile

36 Re: The Horror Cast on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
melvinlikechris wrote:Please someone make this happen, I wanna have some arguments! Like how Rob Zombie's Halloween is awesome. you're gonna get it

Thems fighting words you're gonna get it


------------------------------------




Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

37 Re: The Horror Cast on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:26 pm

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
FIGHT! *Rings bell I pulled from my pocket*

View user profile

38 Re: The Horror Cast on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Very Happy

We would have a very interesting conversation about it neutral

Laughing Laughing


------------------------------------




Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

39 Re: The Horror Cast on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Foxy

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
I love Zombie's Halloween. And I like the sequel.

View user profile http://www.foxyart.net

40 Re: The Horror Cast on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:30 pm

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm still afraid to see the sequel, from what I've been hearing. I actually thought the remake of Halloween was...dare I say it? Better than the original. :/ *waits for shitstorm*

View user profile

41 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:40 am

goatt

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
Zombie's Halloween really isnt bad, but I still maintain that Michael is much scarier without a back-story. The whole thing of him just being a little boy that snapped for no reason and killed his family was one of my biggest draws to the story. don't know

View user profile

42 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Foxy wrote:I love Zombie's Halloween. And I like the sequel.

BlueMaxx wrote:I'm still afraid to see the sequel, from what I've been hearing. I actually thought the remake of Halloween was...dare I say it? Better than the original. :/ *waits for shitstorm*

Have you all gone mad Shocked Wink

goatt wrote:Zombie's Halloween really isnt bad, but I still maintain that Michael is much scarier without a back-story. The whole thing of him just being a little boy that snapped for no reason and killed his family was one of my biggest draws to the story. don't know

I will agree with you except that it was that bad. I agree MM didn't need a backstory and to have it be because my super slutty sister wouldn't take me trick r treating I guess I will be a murdering psychopath huh scratch And why was MM family complete white trash? Cuz in the original they didn't live in white trashville.


------------------------------------




Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

43 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:38 pm

melvinlikechris

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
melvinlikechris wrote:Please someone make this happen, I wanna have some arguments! Like how Rob Zombie's Halloween is awesome. you're gonna get it

Thems fighting words you're gonna get it

C'mon, its a good film

its not as bad as Black Xmas murderous

View user profile

44 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:52 pm

potatojoe

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The bogey man should not be a mama's boy.

View user profile

45 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Foxy

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

I will agree with you except that it was that bad. I agree MM didn't need a backstory and to have it be because my super slutty sister wouldn't take me trick r treating I guess I will be a murdering psychopath huh scratch And why was MM family complete white trash? Cuz in the original they didn't live in white trashville.

Here's the thing: it's Zombie's Halloween, not Carpenter's. It's a re-imaging of the original. If it had been the same story, nothing changed, why even bother retelling it?

And that's not why Michael became a monster, he was already was one. He murdered and mutilated animals, and that home life cultivated his rage and mental instability. Halloween just happened to be the day he snapped - besides, he already beat a kid to death earlier in the day.

View user profile http://www.foxyart.net

46 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm

melvinlikechris

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Foxy wrote:he already beat a kid to death earlier in the day.

yeah, why is that never mentioned again in the film?

View user profile

47 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:49 pm

potatojoe

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
That part in the film is amazing. The first Zombie Halloween is pretty good. The second, not so much.

View user profile

48 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
melvinlikechris wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
melvinlikechris wrote:Please someone make this happen, I wanna have some arguments! Like how Rob Zombie's Halloween is awesome. you're gonna get it

Thems fighting words you're gonna get it

C'mon, its a good film

its not as bad as Black Xmas murderous

Are you talking about the remake of Black Christmas or original?? I couldn't finish watching the original but the remake is a totally guilty pleasure of mine. But, I can understand how people don't like it. Laughing

Foxy wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

I will agree with you except that it was that bad. I agree MM didn't need a backstory and to have it be because my super slutty sister wouldn't take me trick r treating I guess I will be a murdering psychopath huh scratch And why was MM family complete white trash? Cuz in the original they didn't live in white trashville.

Here's the thing: it's Zombie's Halloween, not Carpenter's. It's a re-imaging of the original. If it had been the same story, nothing changed, why even bother retelling it?

And that's not why Michael became a monster, he was already was one. He murdered and mutilated animals, and that home life cultivated his rage and mental instability. Halloween just happened to be the day he snapped - besides, he already beat a kid to death earlier in the day.

A re anything is a redo. The truth is Halloween is one of those movies that didn't need a backstory to MM. Fans were fine with the way it was. But, what Zombie did was take the same elements and characterization from House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects and apply them to Halloween and it just didn't work.

Don't get me wrong I love House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects is in my top 10. I love the character of Baby Firefly and I get shit blown at me because I like Sheri Moon Zombie. I went into RZ's Halloween and I said it was going to rock and I was so disappointed it was beyond measurable. His "reimaging" could have been a regular horror movie with out Halloween or MM attached to the storyline and it would have been fine. But, Halloween is such an iconic movie that the way he reimagined it took it to a place it never need to go and was completely unecessary and if Donald Pleasant could have seen his character in RZ H2 he would be rolling in his grave.


------------------------------------




Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

49 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Foxy

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
We will have to agree to disagree on this one then. ...and I actually like McDowell's Loomis better than Pleasence's version. Laughing

I am totally with you on liking Rejects, 1000 Corpses and SMZ. Have you been to Total Skull (Sherri's store)? http://totalskull.shop.bravadousa.com/ I got my hoodie from them and I LOVE it.

View user profile http://www.foxyart.net

50 Re: The Horror Cast on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^^^ I have been to her store. I have 2 of her shirts but I bought them through Hot Topic. I have the grey of just her and a black and gold that says "Zombie" and it is 3 pics of her. I love those hoodies. The prices are a bit salty but I still like her stuff.


------------------------------------




Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum