Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Horror Cast

+12
Foxy
BlueMaxx
pumkinheadfan
melvinlikechris
Astro13Zombie
MikeSabian
Lee
shining knight
Silent K
potatojoe
Spaced4SimonPegg
The Ignored One
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

WHich Black Christmas we talking about, the remake from a couple of years ago I thought was good, but I like bad horror movies

52The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:46 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Saw the original in film class, but not the remake. Loved it. It was the film that set off the chain of slasher flicks to follow. Directly Halloween. And likewise, Friday the 13th was inspired by Halloween.

Haven't heard good things about the remake...does look still look like something I'd watch, so I'd give it a try. Now would be the perfect time to see it.

Foxy wrote:Here's the thing: it's Zombie's Halloween, not Carpenter's. It's a re-imagining of the original. If it had been the same story, nothing changed, why even bother retelling it?

And that's not why Michael became a monster, he was already was one. He murdered and mutilated animals, and that home life cultivated his rage and mental instability. Halloween just happened to be the day he snapped - besides, he already beat a kid to death earlier in the day.
Yes! Those were my thoughts. I've watched and read things on why people become serial killers, and, for some, they already have the neurological predisposition to become that way, all they need is the "right" environment to set them off. And for Michael it was Halloween and his shitty family. I understand liking the mysterious killer aspect of the first series, but I guess Zombie's hit my imagination just right to where I liked it a bit more.

53The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:35 am

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

I was really excited to see where Zombie would go with MM's back story. His take on young MM fit perfectly with his adult version. RZ's Mike is fueled by rage and is intensly brutal. So it makes sense that the story of his childhood be the same. His version of MM wouldnt have worked with the original back story. It fit really well.

But after it was over, I realized that I found the original version to be scarier. An angry, troubled young man evolving into a hate filled killing machine is scary enough, but to me, a perfectly normal, by all accounts, happy child just kinda checking out and becoming a soulless monster who lurks in the shadows and kills without emotion? Thats fucking scary.

....you know... in my head at least. Laughing

54The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:37 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MikeSabian wrote:Consider it a New Years Resolution to get this f**ker off the ground! evil

Ok let's do this.

55The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:39 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok.

To anyone who is interested in doing this show, on Monday 17th January, at 19:00 GMT, I am going to host a conference call on skype, with the aim of deciding on a schedule of when the show could air, and possible show topics. To add me on skype, my username is crallen91 and my pic is a photo of my dog.

56The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:49 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am glad to see this thing is getting off the ground Very Happy The land of PoPcast needs more horror Laughing Have you PM'd MikeSabian? I know he will want to be in on it. I wish I could participate...maybe a guest spot in the near future Wink

57The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:52 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I was going to send this out as a PM to several people but thats just taking to long. If he doesn't reply on this thread I'll message him on twitter.

58The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:25 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll have to register with Skype and get in on this. My webcam claims to have a mic built in, but I'm not certain that's the case. I hope it does, as I would love to be a part of this, even sporadically.

59The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:40 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ if you have a webcam then you should have a mike. When you register for Skype it will test your microphone settings. Very Happy

You guys are welcome to add me on skype search under Spaced Very Happy

60The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:50 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How does Skype work?

61The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:38 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

I'm game!!! Very Happy

62The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:45 am

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Set myself up Skype - can't make the Monday 19:00 call as (ironically) I'm at a test screening of Hammer's "The Resident". Feel free to add me, my Skype name is MikeSabian.767

Exciting to see progress on this! Very Happy

63The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:How does Skype work?

Go to Skype download the program, fill in your info and you should be ready to go. Let people know your name (if they don't already Laughing ) so they can add you to their call list for when the call is made.

64The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok. I'm down for this. I'm zombie-microwave on skype. Awesome

65The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:00 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, I'm all set up on Skype. My handle is superdoug68.

66The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:46 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is just a reminder that the call will be happening in just over an hour from now, speak to you then Smile

67The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:47 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok Im down for a show but I cannot make this call. Damn job and being responsible, rasha frasha grumble grumble

68The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:53 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've just realized that it will be 3pm over there guilty

Is later better for anyone?

69The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:03 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

I can make it at 3 but later is better for me.

70The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:08 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My schedule is crazy with work and school. The best time for me to do this show is anytime after 11 pm.

71The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Skype Handle is TheIgnoredOne

72The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:23 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:I've just realized that it will be 3pm over there guilty

Is later better for anyone?
It's actually 1pm for us in the central time zone(just letting you know). Very Happy
No,actually the time works well for me.
potatojoe wrote:My schedule is crazy with work and school. The best time for me to do this show is anytime after 11 pm.
As much as I agree with you. I don't think that would work out for melvinlikechris since he's 6 hours ahead of some of us here in the states.

73The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:39 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hurm...is this cast thing at 2 eastern?

74The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:44 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:Hurm...is this cast thing at 2 eastern?

Yessir.

Pumpkinhead, I don't have your skype ID anywhere...you should shoot that to me ASAP.

Spaced...I got 10 pages of people with 'Spaced' in their ID. Can you be a bit more specific on your ID?

75The Horror Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horror Cast Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:45 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok. 2, I can do. Doomsday Clock

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum