Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harry Potter 7 split

+9
Topcat
shiky800
Debaser77
blue halo
jaydee74
Esbat
shining knight
Splitty
Thundermatts
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Harry Potter 7 split - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter 7 split Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:34 am

7 days people... 7 days!! *happy dance* Very Happy Very Happy Wink

27Harry Potter 7 split - Page 2 Empty Harry Potter the half assed movie Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:37 am

There will not be any spoilers in this post, I'll leave it to the movie to spoil opinion of the steaming pile of crap served up as a Harry Potter film. There were so many plot holes in the movie we could actually change the movie to be called Harry Potter the swiss cheese film. The movie wasn't even good as a stand alone movie, it was dropped off at the end like watching Frodo standing on the friggin hill... I shouldn't feel like I have to grasp for something good to say about the film. J.K.R. provides more then enough details and plot for the screen writers to make a vastly interesting story line way beyond love potions and teenagers snogging. *Sigh* I hope someone has something good to say about the film that I can firmly stand behind because at this point I'm ready to give the film industry the finger. Read the books people, and if you are just into the movies you might as well just stop watching them now and save yourself from feeling like a hollow shell of a fan by the end of the movie. Sorry for the rant. Sad

28Harry Potter 7 split - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter 7 split Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What? You're crazy lady. This movie is easily the best Harry Potter film to date. Not only that, it's better than the book in many aspects. (which I'll point out as I go) Also, plot holes? Name one. The Sixth Sense has plot holes, Harry Potter certainly does not in any of the films. Actually the only one I can maybe classify as such is actually in the books as well. (Quirrell seemingly having had his job for more than a year) But i'm assuming you're using Plot Hole the way most bitchy nerds on the net do, as to which they really mean, things I didn't like. By the way mods, can you change the title of this thread to something like Harry potter movies discussion?

HBP looks beautiful. Just stunningly beautiful. And oh my God, the editing is superb. I'm not sure if it's the same guy as who did the hack job in Order, (if it is, what the hell happened last time?) but this movie is cut and paced in a way that any popcorn summer filmmaker should take a look at it. And the look of this film, especially in the Weasleys shop, just paints an amazing portrait of a magical world like hasn't been done since the third film. It even surpasses that filmmaking high point of the series. I won't get into spoilers here, so have no fear. Slughorn in the film takes a deliriously funny form, far surpassing the books character, who is one of the most meh inspiring characters in the series. The book he's just kind of there. You don't love him, you don't hate him, you don't even remember he exsists a page after he's out of a scene. The film finds him warm, slimy, and, as I said before, hilarious, all at once. The score is awesome (as they are in all the films) and the acting by everyone is top notch, though a few stand out. Ron's comedic turns are bright points to the film, as are Draco's tortured ones, and Lavender's super crazy stalker girl ones. The climax is where this film shines though, especially the sene on the astronomy tower. I knew they wouldn't freeze Harry and hide him. They would leave him able to act and react since we can't see into his head as we can in the book. And honestly, the look between him and Dumbledore at one point easily raises that sene above it's ink predecessor. A personal favorite scene of mine is Harry touching the ring, it spins widly out of control, and Dumbledore lets his eyes fall to Harry's scar as he speaks to him about a certain magical property of a certain magical practice. He puts two and two together, a year before Harry, or most of the audience who hasn't read the books will. Also making this Potternerd smile, Dumbledore delibrately making sure Draco disarms him. The headmaster seems to know much much more than he ever lets on. The Death Eaters are also standouts, finally adding an air of menace, instead of incompetence as they had in the last movie. Also, the way the Slytherins strut around the school, with smug looks on their faces is aces. I could talk about this movie all day, and probabaly will, but I'll leave my review with two pleas. One: MORE NEVILLE. Two: I WANT THE GIANT SQUID

Excuse an spelling errors, no spell check on the wii. Actualyl there might be, but i don't know.

HBP- A+

29Harry Potter 7 split - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter 7 split Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:37 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I thought the flick was pretty boring. I took a little snooze post-spider-funeral/pre-Dumbledeath.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum