Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

DC Goes Digital

+4
JonSpangler
prescribeddrone
G_Zatara
Bigtymin504
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DC Goes Digital Empty DC Goes Digital Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We knew it was coming...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26831

http://comics.ign.com/articles/110/1101264p1.html

2DC Goes Digital Empty Re: DC Goes Digital Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:50 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My thoughts

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/06/23/oped-dcs-digital-plan/

3DC Goes Digital Empty Re: DC Goes Digital Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Good insight.

Here's the general layout.

DC Goes Digital Dc-comics-20100623055231492DC Goes Digital Dc-comics-20100623055233492

4DC Goes Digital Empty Re: DC Goes Digital Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:00 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is awesome. Comics look great on my Android phone, hopefully they sell them there as well.

5DC Goes Digital Empty Re: DC Goes Digital Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:36 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

Just downloaded. Menus and such seem identical to the Marvel one. Maybe because they both use Comixology as a template. Seems like it has good free stuff so far. Got Fringe 0 and a Batman.

6DC Goes Digital Empty Re: DC Goes Digital Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:34 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

From Tom Brevoort's twitter account (via Lee):

So today, DC invented the digital comic and payments for same. Interesting approach, taking a leadership position from the back of the line.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

7DC Goes Digital Empty Re: DC Goes Digital Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dun dun DUNNNNN

yay?!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

8DC Goes Digital Empty Re: DC Goes Digital Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:42 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:From Tom Brevoort's twitter account (via Lee):

So today, DC invented the digital comic and payments for same. Interesting approach, taking a leadership position from the back of the line.

I've read a bunch of these kinds of tweets from people at Marvel. Seems like of child-like to me.

9DC Goes Digital Empty Re: DC Goes Digital Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:24 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:

I've read a bunch of these kinds of tweets from people at Marvel. Seems like of child-like to me.

Apparently they were mad that DC sent out a letter to their freelance writers (non-exclusive) that DC is the first to pay creators royalties for digital comics. A lot of the creators and editors at Marvel took issue with that because they said they do in fact pay creators digital royalties. Just a silly misunderstanding it seems.

10DC Goes Digital Empty Re: DC Goes Digital Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

However, Len Wein's wife claims he never got anything from Marvel for reprints (print or digital) of his creations, unlike stuff he created for DC.

I assume Marvel is still an offender when it comes to veteran creators (not people like Chris Claremont and Roger Stern, though, who continue to work for the publisher)and who really enjoy the fruits are modern creators. I hope Marvel fix this misdeed and thanks to now having Walt Disney financing the company (not that they didn't have the money for the last 5-10 years...) the veterans will get their due.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

11DC Goes Digital Empty Re: DC Goes Digital Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:23 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

Apparently they were mad that DC sent out a letter to their freelance writers (non-exclusive) that DC is the first to pay creators royalties for digital comics. A lot of the creators and editors at Marvel took issue with that because they said they do in fact pay creators digital royalties. Just a silly misunderstanding it seems.

Or Marvel is being a big fucking baby, again. The higher-ups, especially Brevoort, do not surprise me with this type of behavior. Fucking childish.

12DC Goes Digital Empty Re: DC Goes Digital Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:30 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

Or Marvel is being a big fucking baby, again. The higher-ups, especially Brevoort, do not surprise me with this type of behavior. Fucking childish.

Yeah Brevoort got unnecessarily overly catty for some reason, I hear he's known for his short temper. I do understand why some of the higher-ups like Brevoort would be upset though if somebody claimed you're not paying digital royalties to creators when you actually are.

But everyone else at Marvel was pretty tame...the only other Marvel person that directly commented about it was C.B. Cebulski: "Sorry, DC, but despite what your nice letter says, you are NOT "the first to announce a participation plan for talent" for digital comics. I'm not sniping at DC, just correcting misinformation that's being sent out freelancers, some who work for both companies. I'm thrilled I can read my DC Comics digitally now and this really shows the new age @JimLee00 and @GeoffJohns0 are ushering in for them!"

Like I said, I think it was a misunderstanding that got blown out of proportion, and Brevoort in particular overreacted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum