Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Memphis Beat

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Memphis Beat Empty Memphis Beat Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw the first episode and really enjoyed it. Anyone else watching this show?

2Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.tnt.tv/series/memphisbeat/

3Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:19 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I missed the first episode, but I'm hoping that I'll remember to check it out tonight.

4Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

The pilot was nice. I saw many reviewers saying Lee is great, but anything else on this show isn't. I... have to agree. Except for his character, everything around him just smells like "another cop show." I loved the opening scene, thought. DJ Qualls is always good (I wish his role was bigger) and Abraham Benrubi as part-Native American(?) looks funny.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

5Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:49 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree that Jason Lee is the best part of the show and I do kind of wish (hope) that DJ Quale's role will grow because he's pretty good in it but for a first episode, I enjoyed it and I'm willing to see where the writers take it.

6Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:59 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.tnt.tv/dramavision/?oid=60865&eref=sharethisUrl

7Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think this looks pretty good. I really like Jason Lee so I think I'll enjoy this. I recorded the first episode, but I haven't watched it yet. I'm going to record the second episode, and then watch both later this week or during the weekend.

8Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just saw the second episode. I really enjoy this episode. Love Jason Lee in this role and the show is just enhanced by all the great supporting actors.

9Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:15 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Just saw the second episode. I really enjoy this episode. Love Jason Lee in this role and the show is just enhanced by all the great supporting actors.

Agreed. This is a great show.

Does anybody know how this show does in the ratings?

10Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Just saw the second episode. I really enjoy this episode. Love Jason Lee in this role and the show is just enhanced by all the great supporting actors.

Agreed. This is a great show.

Does anybody know how this show does in the ratings?

I never follow the ratings or reviews all that much but I hope this is doing well.

11Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:25 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DJ Qualls will have a bigger part in next week's episode, so hopefully, he'll start getting more screen time. There's good chemistry between the cast, and it's nice seeing Lee as a leading man type.

12Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:49 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:DJ Qualls will have a bigger part in next week's episode, so hopefully, he'll start getting more screen time. There's good chemistry between the cast, and it's nice seeing Lee as a leading man type.

That's awesome to hear that his role will be bigger. I love him as an actor and I think he does great with the role. Jason Lee as a leading man works really well and I just love this show with each episode I see. TNT does some great shows.

13Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:10 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Actually, yeah they do. Between this, Leverage, the upcoming Rizoll & Isles....good stuff.

14Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:15 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am looking forward to Rizoll & Isles.

15Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:37 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Same here. The trailers i've seen look good.

16Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:35 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am now all caught up with this show. The third episode was outstanding. I love the character of Dwight Hendricks. He's an awesome cop who loves some great music. It's an amazing show.

17Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just the "Polk Salad Annie". DJ Qualls is awesome.

18Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:09 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished up with the first season of this show and I loved it. Great characters. Great stories and great music. There isn't a show out there that should have a soundtrack more than this show. Whoever does the singing that Jason Lee lip sings to is really good. I am looking forward to the next season.

19Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:31 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've really liked thsi series and I'm glad that it's going to get picked up for another season.

20Memphis Beat Empty Re: Memphis Beat Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/09/01/memphis-beat-renewed-for-second-season/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3if8bce819609628b536d452502b846cf0

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum