Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Protagonists who are kind of assholes

+17
superdoug
JonSpangler
Gandicles
Batman25JM
(._Y_.)
colossus1979
Captain Painway
Gojiratoho
BlueMaxx
melvinlikechris
rwe1138
Denim
azrael07
G_Zatara
Joshua
Debaser77
riv1
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Protagonists who are kind of assholes Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:31 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Was reading about the subject ealier and found a bunch of good examples that i never really considered and one i disagree with....

The Bandit from Smokey and the Bandit.

1. He is breaking the law and is realistically endangering the lives of others.

2. He's arrogant to the point he'd nearly beat up some kid who didn't know who he was.

3. He helped with several police officers getting mashed and bashed.

4. Would have let a pregnant elephant die if not for his friends

5. Has destroyed people's property.

6. Has a tendancy to treat his best friend like crap or rope him in to doing something he does not want.

7. Illegally transporting beer.

M*A*S*H*, the original movie. The original Hawkeye and Trapper John were actually pretty cruel to Hot Lips.

1) They brought out a lot of people in the camp while Hot Lips was taking a shower and broke down the walls of the shower, leaving her naked in the middle of the camp with a hundred guys laughing at her.

2) They called her names like "whore" and at one point Trapper John drunkedly demanded that her clothes be removed (they weren't).

3) Recorded her and her Frank having sex and played it on loud speakers throughout the camp.

4) The novel version had this but I can't remember if the movie said it but Trapper John got his name from apparently trapping his girlfriend in a train bathroom in order to have sex with her.

Superman Returns' Supes.

This was a sequel to Superman 2...

1) After telling the President that he would not leave again, Superman leaves again. For 5 years. Just to check and see if Krypton might still be there, after it has been established by his crazy Krypto-tech: no the place is fucking dead. Superman also doesn't have the courtesy to at least tell people where he is going, so that everyone has to assume that he's either dead or just stopped giving a shit. His leaving for Krypton must've been IMMEDIATELY following Superman 2... and immediately after he banged Lois pregnant. Because he leaves for 5 years, and when he returns, she has a kid is just reaching the age of 5. Jesus Christ Supes, what was the fucking hurry?

2a) Lois is of course mind-wiped from Superman 2, so in her head, this whole pregnancy must seem a bit strange. I mean, one day, she just becomes pregnant without having had sex with anyone recently. I'm surprised that she didn't actually turn this into a news story, but the bottom line is that she then IMMEDIATELY SHACKS UP with Perry's nephew... to the point that Perry's nephew believes he is the father. Well, for the nephew to believe this, they must have been having sex pretty quickly. So right after Superman (the alleged love of her life) goes missing for maybe a few weeks... Lois starts banging some dude to cover up that she is having an immaculate conception? And then she lets said dude believe he is the kid's father for FIVE FUCKING YEARS. Hell, scratch that. We don't know how long this charade will last because she never tells White at the end of the movie and there will never be a sequel.

2b) Alternatively, Lois does think that Richard White is the true father because she starts banging him almost exactly 5 years ago. Which means that Superman could not have been gone for more than a few weeks before she started bang-White-fest. Since no one knew where Superman was, that seems a bit hasty on her part considering how much the previous movies showed her being all wrapped up and smitten with Supes. So if this scenario is true, she's pretty much an asshole for just saying, "Ah well, guess I'll fuck some other dude until Supes gets back."

3) In either case, Lois doesn't know the kid came from Superman until the end of the movie. Superman also now knows that it is his kid. So does he come out and tell the love of his life his true identity and take up assistance with parenting? No. Instead he watches the kid sleep at night, and when he talks to Lois afterwards, he calls her "Ms. Lane" and flies away.

Now imagine you knocked up some girl called Rachel Tillerman 5 years ago. After learning this, all you do is smile, say "Good evening, Ms. Tillerman", and drive off in your car. You would be an extreme asshole.

Superman was an extreme asshole.

And better yet, Lois probably still won't tell White that he isn't the father. Lois is an extreme asshole.

And Brian Singer made this movie! Brian Singer is an asshole.

And, the one i disagree with...
When I got in from work the other night, I taped Revenge of the Nerds and the Tri-Lambs are kind of assholes. that robot chicken sketch wasn't far off

Sure, they got picked on a little, but damn when you think about it they did some pretty shitty things

1: Putting the cameras in the girl's sorority house and watching them shower and sleep and shit.

2: Selling those pies at the Greek games with Betty's nude picture on the pie plate.

3: cheating in all the Greek events that required actual physical skill.

4: Lewis has sex with Betty when she thinks its her boyfriend.

I'm sorry but, does this person not understand the meaning of the word revenge? The Jocks are lucky they didn't invest in black trench coats and automatic weapons.

2Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:51 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Steve Martin's character in Pennies From Heaven was a major-league asshole, as was Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa.

3Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Every protagonist from a Wes Anderson movie who's title is not The Fantastic Mr. Fox and a case could probably even be made for Mr. Fox.

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Link from the Zelda animated series.

What a date-rapist.

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Debaser77 wrote:Steve Martin's character in Pennies From Heaven was a major-league asshole, as was Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa.

well yeah, Billy Bob was an asshole in Bad Santa, that was the whole point of the movie.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:
well yeah, Billy Bob was an asshole in Bad Santa, that was the whole point of the movie.
No one is disputing that.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Uh, thanks guys!

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jedis, they are the douchebags of the universe

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

rwe1138

rwe1138

Ash in Army of Darkness, but kinda understandable after what he's been through in the previous flicks.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

10Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:Jedis, they are the douchebags of the universe
"From a certain point of view."

tongue

11Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:21 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Duke in 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra' was a total asshole.

12Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:06 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

James Bond is kind of a prick. Womanizing, treating his superiors with utter-disrespect. But the guy does "mission impossibles" all by his lonesome at times, almost dying every week. So I can excuse the womanizing, excessive drinking, etc. His next mission could be his last. Let the a-hole have his excess of carnality and gluttony. And he totally has the right to be prideful.

Um...Han Solo. May not have the same excuse as above, but he's awesome and respectable like above. Very Happy

13Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:36 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i wouldn't say Jedies are douchebags so much as just plain stupid. And if anyone wants to dispute that, i would like to point out something from Ep.3. During the very beginning when they are saving Palpatine from Tyrannus-Anakin has Tyrannus on his knees, and is about to kill him. And Palpatine says in that hideously evil voice "DO IT", and not Anakin or Obi-Wan think that it isn't the least bit strange. Who doesn't suspect something's up after hearing someone encouraging someone else to kill somebody, in a voice like that? And why was Obi-Wan okay with killing Tyrannus in the first place? Shouldn't he have encouraged Anakin to take him into custody or something?

14Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kratos.

Dude is a dick.

15Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:08 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:i wouldn't say Jedies are douchebags so much as just plain stupid. And if anyone wants to dispute that, i would like to point out something from Ep.3. During the very beginning when they are saving Palpatine from Tyrannus-Anakin has Tyrannus on his knees, and is about to kill him. And Palpatine says in that hideously evil voice "DO IT", and not Anakin or Obi-Wan think that it isn't the least bit strange. Who doesn't suspect something's up after hearing someone encouraging someone else to kill somebody, in a voice like that? And why was Obi-Wan okay with killing Tyrannus in the first place? Shouldn't he have encouraged Anakin to take him into custody or something?
1.) Obi-wan is unconscious.
2.) Anakin is already being deluded by the dark side of the Force.

16Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:19 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

was he unconscience? i didn't remember that, my bad. it's been awhile since ive seen that movie.

17Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Um...Han Solo. May not have the same excuse as above, but he's awesome and respectable like above. Very Happy
Ever since this thread started I thought of Han Solo, but my love for Han wouldn't allow me to acknowledge it publicly. blush

http://likeitderby.com

18Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Painway wrote:
Ever since this thread started I thought of Han Solo, but my love for Han wouldn't allow me to acknowledge it publicly. blush
This. I had it typed out, but could not commit.

19Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:51 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:i wouldn't say Jedies are douchebags so much as just plain stupid. And if anyone wants to dispute that, i would like to point out something from Ep.3. During the very beginning when they are saving Palpatine from Tyrannus-Anakin has Tyrannus on his knees, and is about to kill him. And Palpatine says in that hideously evil voice "DO IT", and not Anakin or Obi-Wan think that it isn't the least bit strange. Who doesn't suspect something's up after hearing someone encouraging someone else to kill somebody, in a voice like that? And why was Obi-Wan okay with killing Tyrannus in the first place? Shouldn't he have encouraged Anakin to take him into custody or something?

obi-wan was unconcious during that whole exchange, remember? tyrannus force threw him aross the room knocked him into some rafter deal knocked him out cold. and anikin was ok with it because in confidence he told palpatine about him going adolf hitler on a sandpeople village. also my name for the list, captian kirk, constant womanizer, rule breaker, he broke the prime directive like every damned episode almost, fought in bars, got the crew exposed to lord knows how many diseases and calamities.

20Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dude, every Starfleet captain is an asshole to some degree. I think it's a requirement. I was just thinking about Janeway. Not only was she a supreme bitch, but she was also the ultimate contrarian. Anything that was told to her, she always had to do the exact opposite. Not sure if that was a "my balls are bigger" thing or what, but it was fucking annoying.

Still love her. I love you

http://likeitderby.com

21Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:24 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah, but janeway at least had a goal, kirk was just pissing people off to do it on most occasions

22Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:28 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Protagonists who are kind of assholes Kirk510

23Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:30 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Indiana Jones was a douche. I've said this before but when he shot that swordmaster guy it was brutal. That guy was probably training since he was like 5. His parents probably made him train swordfighting after dinner everynight. Indy comes along and just blasts him. douche.

The old saying goes... Live by the sword, die by the sword. Not "Live by the sword, get shot by some douche."

24Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:32 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

sisko was fighting jem'hadar and founders, janeway was fighting for a way home picard was figthing q and the borg and whoever else had beef, kirk fought boredom, and green chick disease.

25Protagonists who are kind of assholes Empty Re: Protagonists who are kind of assholes Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Peter Griffin (from Family Guy) is a dick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum