Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bomb O Rama!

+13
JonSpangler
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
melvinlikechris
(._Y_.)
Rath99
MillionDollarGeek
Combo Mo
colossus1979
BlueMaxx
Janson
rwe1138
Thundermatts
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bomb O Rama! Empty Bomb O Rama! Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

List any upcoming movies that you're sure are going to be box office bombs!

at Inception, they showed a preview for Tron 2 or whatever they're calling it, and I'm convinced it's going to bomb.
I mean, is anyone looking forward to this? I asked aound twenty people if they had ever seen
the original, and none of them have. Half of them didn't even know what it was. How about youI heard more than one person in the theater say what is Tron? when the name came up. A tron sequel seems like a sure fire loser IMO. How bout you? Agree? Disagree? What other flicks do you think will bomb?

2Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:25 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

That new Gulliver's Travels looks horrible. I think it'll tank.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

3Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

I'm looking forward to the new Tron movie the first was awesome. The story was cool the special effects were cutting edge and it was obviously the inspiration for the Matrix. I really doubt that it will bomb.

4Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:48 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Tron 2'll pay for itself. Not expecting a major hit in theatres. Maybe dvd.

I think Salt and The Other Guys will die a quick death.

Don't wanna get too far ahead, so that it keeps on topic. Heh. But yea, those two will bomb. Almost positive. They might...MIGHT take their opening weekend but'll fizzle quick.

5Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:05 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah, they play the origianl tron like 4 times a day now on satellite tv (dish network) i know this because i watched it yesterday twice...they are refreshing people's memory on it. i will go see it for sure, andenough commercials and the fact it's disney, will send it over the top for holiday movies. as far as bombing, ireally wanna go see the expendables, but that will bomb, i saw that ad for that owl guardian thing, that might bomb, and there's this NEW shyamalan movie called "devil" it looks intriguing as hell, but thanks to the dibacle that is last airbender it's sure to be bomb city.

6Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:25 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:I'm looking forward to the new Tron movie the first was awesome. The story was cool the special effects were cutting edge and it was obviously the inspiration for the Matrix. I really doubt that it will bomb.
^This.

A mid-December, 3D film with lots of CGI...not only will it NOT bomb, I predict it'll be one of the top 5 highest grossing films of 2010.

7Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:39 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Harry Potter will bomb.... but part 2 will be awesome.

8Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:35 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MillionDollarGeek wrote:Harry Potter will bomb.... but part 2 will be awesome.

Hell no! I'm not a Pott-head but these movies always make money.

Last edited by Rath99 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reading is fun for mentals)

9Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:40 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ True.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/series/HarryPotter.php

10Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:25 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The first six Harry Potters have killed it. I'm sure people have randomly quit caring though. lol. Just teasing.

But seriously, I'll bet someone five for real dollars that Tron is considered a big failure. It won't make back it's budget in theaters. It very well would probabaly do well on dvd, but in theaters, it won't make it's supposed budget. (They always say movies cost moe to make.)

11Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:57 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hmm bombs eh?

Sorcerers Apprentice
Machete
Centurion
Little Fockers
Rio

12Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:52 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:hmm bombs eh?

Sorcerers Apprentice
Machete
Centurion
Little Fockers
Rio
Yea, I meant to put Sorcerer's Apprentice. Without surprise, it totally happened... http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/inception-earns-dreamy-reception-with-604m-ap

Machete is a tough call. Grindhouse, by word of mouth and rental, may have gained a following that'll be prepped for Machete's release. At least enough to pay for itself.
Centurion, I agree. Probably go unnoticed on its opening weekend.
Little Fockers. It'll bomb.
Rio is a tough call. Those kid movies raise a lot of doe for just being a kid's movie. I'd say no blockbuster, but it'll do alright for itself.

13Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd say Sorcerers Apprentice, Little Fockers and Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (why have they waited 10 years to make this?).

14Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want to see Salt because they filmed the chase sequence (that is heavily featured in the commercials and trails) on Albany's 787 overpass structures. Glad that road isn't part of my daily work commute though.

15Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Machete will do well on dvd. I think Little Fockers, Charlie St. Cloud, Step Up:3D and The Other Guys will bomb.

16Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:50 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Charlie St. Cloud? I dunno. Zack is still pretty popular.

17Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:Charlie St. Cloud? I dunno. Zack is still pretty popular.

He's popular when he is dancing arounds and singing, not when he is playing baseball with a dead kid. He is going to end up like Robert Pattinson.

18Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Step It up3D!! It should die a slow and painful death...a 3D death.

19Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
(._Y_.) wrote:Charlie St. Cloud? I dunno. Zack is still pretty popular.

He's popular when he is dancing arounds and singing, not when he is playing baseball with a dead kid. He is going to end up like Robert Pattinson.

He's going to end up in a giant retardedly popular film franchise that's made him a millionaire?

I want to end up like Robert Pattinson!

20Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:15 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Me too. If all I had to do was make pouty lips and sparkle and say "love" an irrational amount of times, I'd so follow in his footsteps. Hah!

21Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:03 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

Thundermatts wrote:
But seriously, I'll bet someone five for real dollars that Tron is considered a big failure. It won't make back it's budget in theaters. It very well would probabaly do well on dvd, but in theaters, it won't make it's supposed budget. (They always say movies cost moe to make.)

I don't see the budget on Boxofficemojo.com but I'll take your 5 bucks. Throw out a number though first.

22Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:06 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm saying Tron 2.0 will do well. Heck, it could sneak up and be a big deal. Summer's been kind of lacking with stuff. People get bored, they'll go see stuff they normally wouldn't. Not to say it'll be bad. (Never cared for Tron.)

23Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:11 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This:

24Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:08 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Best I can find, Tron Legacy is somewhere between $150 and $300 Million

http://www.themovieinsider.com/m2299/3/tr2n/

http://www.filmofilia.com/2009/04/10/tron-2-to-cost-300-million/

25Bomb O Rama! Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

soooo 200 million? The fact that studios pay dummy corporations millions of dollars to get the film listed as a loss always screws things up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum