Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bomb O Rama!

+13
JonSpangler
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
melvinlikechris
(._Y_.)
Rath99
MillionDollarGeek
Combo Mo
colossus1979
BlueMaxx
Janson
rwe1138
Thundermatts
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:52 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Arthur remake.

27Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:49 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

200 million at the box office is great for any movie, cost not withstanding. People dont see a movie based on cost of the movie. And even with inflation and high prices 200 million is alot of tickets sold.

Then you have to figure Christmas is on a saturday this year. Thats not going to be a record setting weekend.

For the sake of fun though i'll bet 5 bucks it hits 200 million, US and Overseas markets, while its in theaters.

28Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not talking overseas.

29Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:31 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

Its not like it doesn't count, and factors if its a bomb or not. I understand you not wanting to give up your money to me though Very Happy . I understand so don't worry about it.

30Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote:The Arthur remake.
I'm sorry. The what?!

31Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:05 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No it doesn't. many films considered bombs do well (or at least decent) overseas. Obviosuly, the whole world (well you know, not the whole world) being able to watch the film will help. I'm talking our numbers, the ones the studios themselves are more concerned with. While i think the film will not do well overseas, it's nothing to cross 200 mil dollars when factoring them in. Superman Returns, if I'm not mistaken, did okay over seas, but was still considered a disappointment, simply because the numbers were mediocre at best here.

Last edited by Thundermatts on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total

32Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:10 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bottom line, my prediction: It definately won't reach 200 mil domestically (200 mil being maybe what it cost to make) and I don't even think it will reach 125 mil domestically in it's theatrical run.

33Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:21 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

All this talk of Tron has piqued my curiosity. I'm definitely going to see it in theatres and start hyping it wherever I go.

34Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:25 am

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

I thought I would bring this post back from the brink of death and see how some of the movies we listed actually did and which could be considered bombs

Movie/ Domestic Gross/ Worldwide/ Budget
Tron Legacy/ 137 million/ 247 million/ n/a
Salt/ 118 million/ 293 million/ 110
Gullivers Travels/ 29 million/ 78/ million n/a
The Other Guys/ 119 million/ 170 million/ 100
Devil/ 33 million/ 56 million/ n/a
Harry Potter/ 285 million/ 902 million/ n/a
Socerer's Apprentice/ 63 million/ 215/ million 150
Machete 26 million/ 42 million/ 10/
Centurion/ 123 thousand/ 6 million/ 12
Little Fockers/ 108 million/ 172 million/ 100
Cats and Dogs/ 43 million/ 112 million/ 85
Charlie St. Cloud/ 31 million/ 46/ million 44
Step Up 3D/ 42 million/ 159 million/ 30

This is up to date as of January 7. Worldwide Gross includes the US numbers.

I think it is safe to say that Centurion and Charlie St. Cloud, Socerer's Apprentics, and Cats and Dogs could be considered bombs, domestically, though not all of them worldwide.

Devil, without seeing a budget, probably did well for a smaller movie with no stars.

Harry Potter, mega hit.

Salt is a worldwide hit. And broke the 100 mil US mark. Being a non 3D movie its harder to do these days. Id say it was a hit.

Tron, Little Fockers, Gullivers Travels are all still out in theaters. GT is the only one in bomb territory.

I think thats all of them. Just for curiosity I checked the RT scores. NO movie broke 79% in Critics reviews. 78% for Harry Potter and The Good Guys.

Only 2 movies were 71% or higher for public reviews on RT. Tron with 71% and Harry Potter with 87%. Machete and Step Up both up there though. Little Fockers looks to be the worst reviewed movie everyone ended up seeing.

What does everyone think?

And what do you think could be the bombs or 2011?

35Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:10 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want Green Lantern to succeed...but that could be a bomb. I mean Superman Returns made almost 300 mil and it was considered a bomb.

36Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:09 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Are we talking box-office or critical reception...? Because I could easily see it being a Superman Returns, but I can honestly hear the echo of the swoosh of the bank it'll make from the future. My metaphors suck...so badly. Laughing

Also, I underestimated Tron: Legacy, and T-Matts owes somebody fiiiive dollahs.

Hate that Step Up 3D did so well. shake my head

Combo Mo wrote:
Janson wrote:I'm looking forward to the new Tron movie the first was awesome. The story was cool the special effects were cutting edge and it was obviously the inspiration for the Matrix. I really doubt that it will bomb.
^This.

A mid-December, 3D film with lots of CGI...not only will it NOT bomb, I predict it'll be one of the top 5 highest grossing films of 2010.
lol! Dead-on!

I Am Number 4 will be the "Jumper"/"Push" of 2011. So, bomb.

37Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:29 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Hornet is going to bomb

38Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:23 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ IDK. The Other Guys did pretty well for themselves, and that seems a good bit more entertaining. don't know

39Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:00 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
G_Zatara wrote:The Arthur remake.
I'm sorry. The what?!

Oh yes. Arthur. Russell Brand plays Dudley Moore's character.

40Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would say off the top of my head:

Green Hornet (Not a fan of Seth Rogen and I just don't see him in this kind of movie)
The Arthur Remake (I mean, really? Why?)
Sucker Punch (I've seen this trailer twice now in a packed theater and the general reaction was groaning and a rather loud "what the fuck is this shit?")

41Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:13 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I want Sucker Punch to do well, but I won't be surprised if it bombs

I hope Fast Five bombs.

42Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JonSpangler wrote:I thought I would bring this post back from the brink of death and see how some of the movies we listed actually did and which could be considered bombs

[left]Movie/ Domestic Gross/ Worldwide/ Budget
Little Fockers/ 108 million/ 172 million/ 100

I haven't seen Little Fockers but 100 million seems a massive budget for that kind of movie!! What's the cause of that? Is it the actors?

As for bombs I'm going with Sucker Punch also. The cinema I was in when I saw the preview had very much the same reaction as Jaydee mentions above.

43Bomb O Rama! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb O Rama! Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:20 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Could see it going like Grindhouse did. Roughly getting its money back, but not a bomb. Course, Tarantino and Rodriquez arguably have bigger cred than Snyder, but who knows. It has a good spot, I think. Could really grab a big crowd. I could say the same for Paul, 2 weeks earlier, and Your Highness and Hana, which is two weeks after (Think Your Highness will take that weekend, though). don't know Admittedly have high hopes because it's one of the top 3 I'm pumped for in 2011. Japanese grindhouse crazy fantasy/scifi epic. Coolness incarnate. Possibly. Damn. I'm doubting my thoughts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum