Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marvel Legends: The Return

+8
Janson
Ric Magnum
comedianviet
Mnemosis
prescribeddrone
Lee
shanhain
Silent K
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I picked mine.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=26668

How about you?

2Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:57 pm

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

Being a fan of the larger 6" figures, I'm glad Hasbro is getting back into the ring. I'd like to see them follow the Mattel DCUC pattern of releasing an "A-List figure; two or three "B-listers"; an obscure character from deep in the history of Marvel; a villian; and perhaps a fan favorite/variant in each wave. I think the "BAF" should be a well known heavy hitter (i.e. The Hulk, The Thing, or the Juggernaut) to attract fans and to get the line off to a good start.

Hopefully the line will be a re-boot of sorts and not a continuation, meaning that those characters who already received a figure in the past will have equal chance to receive a future figure as well.

I'd like to see the following first wave:
Steve Rogers
Luke Cage
Songbird
Green Goblin
Rom
Hulk - BAF

3Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Hulk? Really?

4Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 pm

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

I think the Hulk would make a great BAF. It would make people want to collect the whole wave and would allow for a sculpt that portrays him as the type of mammoth beast he is.

5Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

There's going to be a Hulk in the forthcoming 2-Packs.

6Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:32 pm

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

I saw the pics of the upcoming Hulk and really think they dropped the ball on him. They could do so much more with him.....

7Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Hulk should never be a BAF. There are already a half dozen Hul figures (the best being Face-Off) and they sold them individually just fine. The Red Hulk BAF was poor form of the utmost degree.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

8Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:49 pm

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

After taking a look at the Face-Off Hulk, I rescind my endorsement of a Hulk BAF.

9Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

But yknow, to think about it, shanhain, you did say you were starting from scratch, so Hasbro owes you a decent standard Hulk for your collection.

10Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:27 pm

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

I just want Hasbro to do the Marvel Legends line justice. Keep the figures in scale with one another and touch all areas of the Marvel Universe. If Hasbro can do that and make the figures readily available, I'll be a happy collector.

11Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Amen.

12Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:14 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think these would be cool-

Bucky Cap (Steve Rogers Super Solider variant)
Hawkeye
Modern Thor
Noh-Varr (Marvel Boy)
Fantomex

(With A-Bomb build a figure)

13Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

shanhain wrote:
Hopefully the line will be a re-boot of sorts and not a continuation, meaning that those characters who already received a figure in the past will have equal chance to receive a future figure as well.

Now, this is the biggest problem I have with your post... As someone who has collected Legends right along, I'd MUCH rather see new figures get the Legends treatment than see them go back to the well on old ones simply because it's a "new" line. But that's me.

14Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 pm

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

Mnemosis wrote:
Now, this is the biggest problem I have with your post... As someone who has collected Legends right along, I'd MUCH rather see new figures get the Legends treatment than see them go back to the well on old ones simply because it's a "new" line. But that's me.

Do you mean new figures or new characters? I'm not asking for them to release figures cast from the old molds, but to possibly look into doing new sculpts. I gave up collecting Marvel Legends because I couldn't find my favorite characters. Like I stated earlier, I want Hasbro to embrace the line and make them readily available. Unless Hasbro markets this line directly towards collectors, I don't see how they couldn't re-visit some of the previously released characters.

15Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Oh, they WILL revisit them... I just hope it's not their main drive.

What if we got one re-imagining and 5 new figures per wave?

So, like, a new take on Hawkeye, then five other characters that they haven't done, or at least haven't done a certain way, like Steve Rogers as Super Soldier.

16Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:13 am

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

Mnemosis wrote:Oh, they WILL revisit them... I just hope it's not their main drive.

What if we got one re-imagining and 5 new figures per wave?

So, like, a new take on Hawkeye, then five other characters that they haven't done, or at least haven't done a certain way, like Steve Rogers as Super Soldier.

If they follow your proposed route then I think everyone (both old and new collectors) will be happy and satisfied.

17Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

^ Agreed.

If they keep up the quality of the recent 2-Packs...I'm VERY excited for the Legends to return.

18Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 am

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I hope they make some Wolverine, Iron Man, and Human Torch Legends in the new line. shake my head

Here's ones I'd like to see.

Jean Grey (Jim Lee version)
Emma Frost (this one definitely needs a redo)
Steve Rogers
Fantomex
Archangel
Night Thrasher
AoA Blink and X-man would be great also

Maybe they could make a BAF with Archangel but just make the different parts his wings. That way you can have one with a large wing span.

http://vietscustomtoys.blogspot.com/

19Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:16 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

^ I was thinking the same thing for Archangel. But his body would still have to be parceled out.

Instead of a BAF, I was strongly considering having my "return" line include a Jamie Madrox figure in each pack.

20Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:20 am

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

You could have Archangel as a separate figure with retracted wings. Then have the other wing parts distributed out to attach to him.

21Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:48 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The new Deadpool is a better sculpt.

22Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:11 pm

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Not sure if it's old news or not, but the 2-packs are available to order on the Toys R Us website. The Valkyrie/Hulk and Black Widow/Winder Soldier 2 -packs are still available. There weren't any at my local store. Free shipping for orders more than $40.

23Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

I want an all X-Force series of figures. Not that I need another Wolverine but I want a Warpath, Dom, Wolfsbane, Vanisher, Elixer and Archangel.

24Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:59 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

The sculpts are alright, but the size is my major beef with the line. Six plus inches is far too big, they take up too much space, they don't mix well with many other figures (for posing and customizing), and IMO BAF is dumb, not only are figures even more too large, you also have to buy a bunch of figures you may not even want to get the figure you want to build, plus you might not even find all the parts you need. They should just stick to the Marvel Universe line and use the Marvel Legends molds for larger characters like Hulk, Stiltman, Watchers and the like. I know there are a lot of you that enjoy the ML line over MU, and I'm not asking you to change your opinion I'm just trying to get my point across.

25Marvel Legends:  The Return Empty Re: Marvel Legends: The Return Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:18 am

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Maybe if I hadn't invested so much in the ML figures I'd be right there with you. IMO the old 6" line had WAY better sculpts and details to the MU line. That's not the case with sets that Hasbro has been coming out with, but the new 2-packs are definitely a step in the right direction. I also prefer the 6 inch line for customs because the bigger scale is easier to work with (sculpting and painting details). I agree with the BAF thing. I would much rather pay $50-$60 for a larger figure instead of having to collect a bunch of figures that I probably didn't want in the first place.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum