Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors

+5
Aussiemandias
Batman25JM
Nymn
jaydee74
rwe1138
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:19 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Full review of #1 coming soon on the main site.

Needless to say, I dug this issue. A good start, let's see if it can go the distance.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

2Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Thacher's review.

3Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. This was a pretty good start to an interesting Green Lantern title. I am curious to see where this goes.

4Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Great issue! I like the direction of this title, exploring the unknown sectors. Has the potential for some crazy storylines as the GLs face new alien races and threats. Gardner, Ganthet, Yat, Kilowog, and Arisia? Yes, please!

5Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I absolutely LOVED the first issue.

I just LOVE the way Tomasi writes Guy.

I can't wait to see where this book goes. I'm extremely intrigued.

6Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:10 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This seems like it's going to be the "Down & Dirty" Green Lantern book and it's very intriguing to me.

7Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm already enjoying this book more than (Bedard's run on) Green Lantern Corps.

8Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:16 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm liking GLC but Emerald Warriors is already getting to be a favorite as well.

9Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:22 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well I really liked this first issue. Pasarin's art was nice but most of all for the writing. I really don't like what Bedard's doing over on GLC (not a fan of his writing at all) so I'm very happy to have Tomasi back on this GL book. I'm liking that Guy's showing signs of still being tainted by being a red lantern. Makes sense that would stick with you for a while.

Additionally, I thought the Migliari cover was great.

Batman25JM wrote:I'm already enjoying this book more than (Bedard's run on) Green Lantern Corps.
I'm dropping GLC. I'm very unhappy with it. This book will do the job for me.

10Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:31 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I dug #2 a lot. New baddie looks interesting. Tomasi's Guy is pitch-perfect as always.

11Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#2 was just spot on. I loved the beginning with Guy in the archives. Tomasi has really found Guy's voice and I am loving his characterization. There is so much about this series that is just so right and it's only issue #2. It kind of makes me sad that Tomasi can't do both Emerald Warriors. It's not that I am not enjoying GLC but it's hasn't been as good as it was with Tomasi writing it. Peter Tomasi has become my second favorite writer behind Johns simply because he gets the characters he's writing and I just enjoy what he's doing on this book. #3 looks like it's going to be filled with Red Rage goodness.

12Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:09 pm

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

I am digging it. I'm glad to see it won't just be Guy and that it seems that it is going to end up being the down and dirty off the books type of thing. I have to say it is always a good sign with some omni powerful villian from the guardians past shows up.

The writing on Guy is great expecially with him going off on Killawog then then just stopping with an OOOKKKAYY

13Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah. This book is all kinds of awesome.

14Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #2

This, 'twas a splendid issue.

I loved it so much. Tomasi writes a phenomenal Guy as well as Kilowog. Thanks to Tomasi, I really think that Guy is my favorite GL, with Kilowog a close second (Hal's up there too, but I don't know, I think I like Guy and Kilowog more).

I'm liking the villain so far. Can't wait to see more of him.

I think I might be enjoying this book more than the main GL book (which I'm loving).

15Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:20 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love this book but the entities still make the main book my favorite but this book is a photo finish second.

16Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:34 am

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #2

This, 'twas a splendid issue.

I loved it so much. Tomasi writes a phenomenal Guy as well as Kilowog. Thanks to Tomasi, I really think that Guy is my favorite GL, with Kilowog a close second (Hal's up there too, but I don't know, I think I like Guy and Kilowog more).

I'm liking the villain so far. Can't wait to see more of him.

I think I might be enjoying this book more than the main GL book (which I'm loving).

The only reason I am liking this book more then the main GL is that Green Lantern prime has been about everyone other then Hal lately and while I am interested in the skittle corps, I read GL for Green Lantern

17Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I happen to like the "Skittle" Corps and I don't mind that Hal is more of a supporting character right now. I think Emerald Warriors and the GLC are more closely similar to one another in that it's about the Corps and right now, Emerald Warriors is just awesome.

18Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love the "Skittle" Corps as well, and I too do not mind that GL isn't all about Hal or just Green Lanterns. The entities are really interesting too. I have absolutely nothing against the main GL book. I really can't explain why I'm liking GL:EW a little better, I just am.

19Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:45 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think that Emerald Warriors is going to be a more "gritty" black ops type Green Lantern book which is what is going to make the three Green Lantern books so unique from each other. Anything with Hal is going to be my favorite but this is a very close second.

20Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:51 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

With #2 I'm so happy with Tomasi's work on this (just as I knew I would be) and I'm so glad he's still working in the GL universe because I'm pretty unhappy with GLC.

jaydee74 wrote:#2 was just spot on. I loved the beginning with Guy in the archives. Tomasi has really found Guy's voice and I am loving his characterization. There is so much about this series that is just so right and it's only issue #2. It kind of makes me sad that Tomasi can't do both Emerald Warriors. It's not that I am not enjoying GLC but it's hasn't been as good as it was with Tomasi writing it. Peter Tomasi has become my second favorite writer behind Johns simply because he gets the characters he's writing and I just enjoy what he's doing on this book. #3 looks like it's going to be filled with Red Rage goodness.

I absolutely love the fact that Tomasi is allowing Guy to grow. At heart he's still the Guy Gardner we've all known for many years but added to that Tomasi has allowed him to evolve as a character and even tone down some of his hotheadedness - and the way he's written it, it's seemed like something deliberate from the character himself - he's deliberately put in the effort to improve himself. Seriously, this does not happen in super-hero comics often. The majority of characters in comics do not progress - they are frozen in time forever. This isn't the case with Guy though. I think that's really fantastic work.

jaydee74 wrote:I think that Emerald Warriors is going to be a more "gritty" black ops type Green Lantern book which is what is going to make the three Green Lantern books so unique from each other.
Actually I don't so much get the sense that it's going to be that type of book at all. I think it's going to be this small group off on a slightly different path to the rest of the GLC but I don't really see it as going to be a gritty or black ops style thing. Could be wrong but it's not my take on it. Just a different path that's all.

Anyway, I really like these 3 characters so their journey is going to be worth reading. Probably joined by Sodam Yat sooner or later.

When you think about it Tomasi's already set up a number of storylines for the group - finding Sodam Yat, Guy's red lantern "infection", Guy's secret mission and this new villain. Not a bad effort for 2 issues in.

21Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:00 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess what I meant by a bit more gritty, black ops is that the mission Guy is going on is secret. Not to mention the fact that Kilowog and Arisia don't know that Guy has a pact with Atrocitus which could lead to some problems if they find out. Also, going into the unknown territories is going to be some down and dirty stuff so that was my reasoning for defining the book the way I did. I still think that al three of the books are very unique from each other which is very cool.

22Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:11 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I guess what I meant by a bit more gritty, black ops is that the mission Guy is going on is secret. Not to mention the fact that Kilowog and Arisia don't know that Guy has a pact with Atrocitus which could lead to some problems if they find out. Also, going into the unknown territories is going to be some down and dirty stuff so that was my reasoning for defining the book the way I did. I still think that al three of the books are very unique from each other which is very cool.

I get what you're saying now. The more I think of it, I just don't think I've seen a book set up so well with so many different possibilities and potential storylines in just 2 issues.

23Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:15 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You are right. This book is amazing. Also, Ganthet told Guy that if he accepts this mission, he would probably never be able to be friends with Hal Jordan again. To me, that's some gritty stuff there.

24Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:03 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#3 was good. Warth's face-palm on the second page was priceless.

25Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:57 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. This issue was outstanding. Warth was the MVP in this issue. Arisia and Kilowog didn't seem too happy with Gardner now they know what's going on but he hasn't even told them some of the more shady parts of this mission. Things are going to get damn ugly and I cannot wait to see it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum