Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seen any movies lately?

+53
Ska
Ash Williams
Matt
O_o
Sandman
LordD3r3k
GigaToast
kidspider2099
Goof
JonSpangler
Little_Goblyn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Batman25JM
prescribeddrone
FroZen
ravezombie
krpykrwly
potatojoe
SexyToaster
Bigtymin504
Joshua
superdoug
Grimmalicious
boberthavok
Rath99
jaydee74
Spazzy
Heytherejeffro
Airwolf
AlienIncognito
Denim
Dr Awkward
DickGrayson007
comicgeekelly
(._Y_.)
Astro13Zombie
rwe1138
pumkinheadfan
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
jestghost
Hannibal king
G_Zatara
MikeSabian
Spider_Fan14
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
supervenom
Demonweasel
melvinlikechris
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Combo Mo
57 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 36]

551Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Yesterday I watched Couples Retreat. I thought it was ordinary. Apart from a couple of moments (the yoga scene was very funny) I felt the movie lacked any real humour and then absolutely clubbed you over the head with the message it was trying to deliver. If it had any redeeming features it would be that the scenery of the island was absolutely beautiful, the women looked gorgeous and Jon Favreau had probably the best lines and scenes (even then I felt something felt totally missing from his character - I just didn't believe any of the characters - they all lacked any depth). 1.5 out of 5.

I couldn't agree more. I was really looking forward to the movie because I love most of the cast, but it just wasn't what it could have been.

552Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:38 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched The Town tonight. I really enjoyed it. I'd say it was one of the best movies of the year that I saw.

553Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:54 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Zombieland_movie_poster_rule_1

I just finished watching Zombieland again. I always love it. I was thinking though, there's a part of the movie that I have a question about:
Spoiler:
I still love the movie though. One of the better zombie movies of the last decade.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

554Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:22 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^A six person that wasn't seen in the movie is possible. Maybe it'll be a plot point in the next movie.

555Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:20 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Other Guys

Disappointing. Not as funny as I hoped it would be. Although there were a couple moments that made me chuckle, most of the film was really lame. It starts out ok, but goes downhill in a hurry.
2.5 out of 5.

556Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:54 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Combo Mo wrote:The Other Guys

Disappointing. Not as funny as I hoped it would be. Although there were a couple moments that made me chuckle, most of the film was really lame. It starts out ok, but goes downhill in a hurry.
2.5 out of 5.
Thanks. My husband wanted to get it on OnDemand but I had him rent it on Netflix since it's cheaper, I had heard it wasn't that great and didn't want to spend $5.99 on one movie.

557Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:10 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:
melvinlikechris wrote:
Robert Downey Jr and Jeff Bridges need to do a film together.

scratch

Ummm...IRON MAN ????

can't they make another film together???

558Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:56 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Little_Goblyn wrote:
I just finished watching Zombieland again. I always love it. I was thinking though, there's a part of the movie that I have a question about:
Spoiler:
I still love the movie though. One of the better zombie movies of the last decade.

It's a while since I saw it but I think I probably just took it as an offhand comment like the character just picked a random number to make his point. Maybe it doesn't mean anything.

Combo Mo wrote:The Other Guys

2.5 out of 5.
The term "soup kitchen" really cracked me up.

559Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:53 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Watched Venus in Furs on Netflix instant tonight. WOW what a boring peice of crap this was! Just so god awful boring. I think watching paint dry would have been more interesting IMO. I think Jess Franco's Dracula is about the only movie I can stand of his.

560Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:17 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pumkinheadfan wrote:Watched Venus in Furs on Netflix instant tonight. WOW what a boring peice of crap this was! Just so god awful boring. I think watching paint dry would have been more interesting IMO. I think Jess Franco's Dracula is about the only movie I can stand of his.

Sounds like typical Franco Laughing It couldn't be as bad as Female Vampire

Out of his 300+ movies, there is the only occasional glimours of greatness, but its mostly shit.

I watched Jersey Girl the other day. Why does this film have such a bad reputation? Its funny, what else do people want?
I know some times people won't get a comedy, but I didn't see anything terrible about the film.

561Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:53 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:
Sounds like typical Franco Laughing It couldn't be as bad as Female Vampire

Out of his 300+ movies, there is the only occasional glimours of greatness, but its mostly shit.
Yeah I'd read reviews over the years on different forums and it had always gotten mixed reviews. It's hard because I'm a big Christopher Lee fan and he worked with Franco on a few projects throughout his career, but the best thing about most of those collaborations was Lee's performance and that's about it. Just wishful thinking that I would find a film of his that stands out from all the other crap. No such luck yet I guess( except for Dracula that was OK).

melvinlikechris wrote:I watched Jersey Girl the other day. Why does this film have such a bad reputation? Its funny, what else do people want?
I know some times people won't get a comedy, but I didn't see anything terrible about the film.
I thought it was decent, but I'm probably in the minority who liked it. Very Happy

562Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched Alice in Wonderland. Hmmm...I found something really lacking in this film. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just seemed to lack heart. Anyway, I certainly didn't dislike it but it just didn't grab me and it really seemed to focus a little too much on The Mad Hatter for my liking (which was no surprise really) - it just felt a bit like a vehicle to allow Johnny Depp to show off....again. I would say though that I thought Mia Wasikowska certainly looked the part as an older Alice. I'm giving it 2.5 out of 5.

563Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Watched Alice in Wonderland. Hmmm...I found something really lacking in this film. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just seemed to lack heart. Anyway, I certainly didn't dislike it but it just didn't grab me and it really seemed to focus a little too much on The Mad Hatter for my liking (which was no surprise really) - it just felt a bit like a vehicle to allow Johnny Depp to show off....again. I would say though that I thought Mia Wasikowska certainly looked the part as an older Alice. I'm giving it 2.5 out of 5.

I feel the same way. Everyone was raving about it and I didn't really like it. I usually love anything Depp/Burton combo but it just didn't deliver for me.

Devil- I had heard mixed reviews on this and M. Night really needs to redeem himself, but I gave it a view anyway. It was a weaker horror movie that could have been better with an R rating. The characters needed better back stories and I would have changed the last scene, but overall it was decent movie better than what I thought it would be.

Eden Lake - this has been my queue at netflix for while, but the movie channel showed it last night so I was in luck. It is about a couple who go to Eden Lake to have a nice romantic weekend, but end up being terrorized by a group of local teenagers. I enjoyed it I was really feeling for the characters and the brutally of the movie really fit well through out the film. I say give it a view.

564Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I thought it was pretty good. I was a fan of the story arc and it was cool to see Turner's art in an animated form.

Avatar visually this was great but I've seen this story play out before. Dances with Wolves and The Last Samurai quickly come to mind. It also reminded me of something I read and I couldn't put my finger on it. Then it came to me. Call Me Joe. Wow! How the author, Poul Anderson doesn't get some credit for the obvious influence his story had on the movie. Anyone who is the fan of the movie should read Call Me Joe.

565Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:26 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Watched Alice in Wonderland. Hmmm...I found something really lacking in this film.

I feel the same way. Everyone was raving about it and I didn't really like it. I usually love anything Depp/Burton combo but it just didn't deliver for me.
I'm with you guys. I found it to be lifeless and dull. I've seen worse movies this year, but I'm not sure if I've seen any more boring than AiW.

And that fucking dancing. Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 1008

566Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:51 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brain Damage
Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Braindmg2
Genius. Been wanting to get into Henenlotter films more.

The story is about a highly intelligent, mysterious parasite that injects a hallucinogenetic chemical into the back of its host's neck and into their brain in exchange for brains to feed on. So, Bryan, the current host of this parasite helps it murder people in exchange for his fix, and all sorts of weirdness ensues.

At first, I thought it was just a blunt anti-drug theme with an interesting face-value story, but it turns out that it's actually about Bryan and his sexual addiction, frustration and confusion played out with this phallic symbolism with this parasite named Elmer (The Aylmer) and his hallucinotions, his drug, are symbolic of his pleasure seeking and orgasms.

There's a good bit of fucked up-ness in this and I highly recommend. Laughing

Probably going to listen to the commentary tonight, and can't wait to get more into Henenlotter's films.

567Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:00 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I got tired of hearing how great How to Train Your Dragon was and finally decided to check it out.

Yeah, totally lived up to the height. Great flick.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

568Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:22 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just watched Hollywoodland. Very underrated movie.

569Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:28 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Brain Damage
Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Braindmg2
Genius. Been wanting to get into Henenlotter films more.

The story is about a highly intelligent, mysterious parasite that injects a hallucinogenetic chemical into the back of its host's neck and into their brain in exchange for brains to feed on. So, Bryan, the current host of this parasite helps it murder people in exchange for his fix, and all sorts of weirdness ensues.

At first, I thought it was just a blunt anti-drug theme with an interesting face-value story, but it turns out that it's actually about Bryan and his sexual addiction, frustration and confusion played out with this phallic symbolism with this parasite named Elmer (The Aylmer) and his hallucinotions, his drug, are symbolic of his pleasure seeking and orgasms.

There's a good bit of fucked up-ness in this and I highly recommend. Laughing

Probably going to listen to the commentary tonight, and can't wait to get more into Henenlotter's films.
thumbs up Laughing Laughing Love Henenlotter's films!
Frankenhooker has to be hands down my favorite! Love that flick! Very Happy

----------------------------

Watched Tron last night and went to the theater today and seen:

Tron Legacy
Black Swan
True Grit

570Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:35 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief

I truly love this movie. It's just a fun ride. I enjoyed it even more this time now that I've taken a mythology class and know more about Greek and Roman Myths.

571Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:42 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just watched Scott Pilgrim again. I really love this movie. Wish I would have seen it in theaters.

572Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:47 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wathed The Godfather: Part 2 last night and Luis Buñuel's Viridiana the night before.

573Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:21 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We watched Inception over the weekend. I loved it, but I really loved this interchange we had immediately after the credits started to roll:

Me: I really liked that. It was very well done.
BF: It took me a while to get into it.
Me: Yeah, it was kind of talky at the beginning, wasn't it?
BF: It's not that. It was the feeling like it started in the middle of things.
Me: ....

574Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:25 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I need to watch more movies

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

575Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Seen any movies lately? - Page 23 51Y5TYRhg%2BL._SL500_AA300_

Just finished this. I guess for the times it was made in it was good. But all I could do was laugh at the terrible acting the whole time. I've watched a lot of movies from the 70's and 80's and this movie has by far the worst acting I have seen for the times it was made in. 1/5

Not to mention, because of the title, I had assumed that it would have a whole city of dead people.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum