Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seen any movies lately?

+53
Ska
Ash Williams
Matt
O_o
Sandman
LordD3r3k
GigaToast
kidspider2099
Goof
JonSpangler
Little_Goblyn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Batman25JM
prescribeddrone
FroZen
ravezombie
krpykrwly
potatojoe
SexyToaster
Bigtymin504
Joshua
superdoug
Grimmalicious
boberthavok
Rath99
jaydee74
Spazzy
Heytherejeffro
Airwolf
AlienIncognito
Denim
Dr Awkward
DickGrayson007
comicgeekelly
(._Y_.)
Astro13Zombie
rwe1138
pumkinheadfan
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
jestghost
Hannibal king
G_Zatara
MikeSabian
Spider_Fan14
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
supervenom
Demonweasel
melvinlikechris
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Combo Mo
57 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 36]

751Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Predators

Was definitely better than I expected. It was a fresh take on kind of a played franchise. There were some awesome moments like the sword fight between a Predator and the Asian dude. And surprisingly, Adrian Brody was fairly convincing in his alpha male badass role. I hope there's a sequel.

752Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:09 pm

ravezombie

ravezombie
Cadet
Cadet

Ska wrote:Moulin Rouge. Kerouac has wanted me to watch it forever. XD

That's a good one for sure yes.

Working through the load of movies I have obtained and just never watched, I started with Midnight Meat Train last night. I was horrified at how bad it was, which I should have seen coming because, minus the obvious horrid title, Clive Barker's work rarely translates well into any format other than a book.

To try and reverse the damage done, I watched Ringu in drastic hope. It was alright, but didn't hold up to the years of people telling me that it and its English remake were some of the scariest movies they've seen. I can see why it's considered a main staple in horror movie must-sees though.

Nonetheless I want at least an hour and a half of that time back Sad

Watching Oldboy now.

http://dizzyclockwork.deviantart.com/

753Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Ash Williams

Ash Williams
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

ravezombie wrote:

Watching Oldboy now.

I love you

754Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:25 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
The one good thing he has ever done.

MOULIN ROUGE SUCKS BIG FAT BALLS.

Thank you. I feel much better now.

755Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Joshua wrote:

Really trying to cinch the win for Biggest Grump, aren't you? Laughing

756Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
superdoug wrote:
Joshua wrote:

Really trying to cinch the win for Biggest Grump, aren't you? Laughing

I bet I could get it, flat-handed, with the four-page-long rant I could write about this abomination of a musical film. I really, really, REALLY hate the movie, what it's about, the way gay guys creamed all over themselves about it, and how everyone told me that 'you just HAVE to see it.'

Well, I saw it, and you know what? Gilbert and Sullivan do it better. Gershwin does it better. Sondheim, whose stuff often borders on stuffy and un-singable, does it better. And THEY wrote their OWN FUCKING SONGS.

Moulin Rouge is, simply, a harlequinade. MacGregor is Harlequin, Kidman is Columbine(Pierrette), Lequizamo is Pantalone, the Duke is the Duke...and it never really seems to materialize the way it needs to.

You people are too easily fucking dazzled. That shit was FUCKING LAME.

757Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Says The Big Bang Theory fan. Sleep

758Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:52 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
superdoug wrote:
Says The Big Bang Theory fan. Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 281918
Bazinga. Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 656889

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

759Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:16 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Predators

Was definitely better than I expected. It was a fresh take on kind of a played franchise. There were some awesome moments like the sword fight between a Predator and the Asian dude. And surprisingly, Adrian Brody was fairly convincing in his alpha male badass role. I hope there's a sequel.

Regardless of the quality (or not) of the entire film, I think Predators had one of the best opening moments of a movie I've seen in a long, long time.

760Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
I also saw Julie and Julia, which was cute, but dragged a bit.
I had him watch Julie & Julia, only because it's a movie about cooking. It did drag, but I wouldn't call it a waste of time.

ravezombie wrote:
Watching Oldboy now.
That's one I've been meaning to see.

Joshua wrote:
superdoug wrote:
hug

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

761Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:
I had him watch Julie & Julia, only because it's a movie about cooking. It did drag, but I wouldn't call it a waste of time.
Certainly not. I enjoyed it, but thought that it could have been trimmed some to help the pace of the movie.

762Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:34 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
superdoug wrote:

I probably like Big Bang Theory as much as you liked Moulin Rouge, and like you, I am unbothered by others who feel it is crap. This is just one of those cases where we'll never see eye-to-eye.

But seriously. That movie blew like Linda Lovelace. tongue

763Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ravezombie wrote:

Watching Oldboy now.

I'm sorry.

Don't get me wrong, the movie was very well done and I think the fight scene in the hallway (done 8-bit style) was one of the best choreographed fights I've seen in a good long while, the overall story scarred me mentally.

Will Smith was thinking of remaking this....I really hope he never does.

764Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Gojiratoho wrote:
ravezombie wrote:

Watching Oldboy now.

I'm sorry.

Don't get me wrong, the movie was very well done and I think the fight scene in the hallway (done 8-bit style) was one of the best choreographed fights I've seen in a good long while, the overall story scarred me mentally.

This news makes me want to kick puppies. If Will Smith remakes Oldboy I will murder everyone involved with the film. Besides the fact that it doesn't need a remake, Will Smith would be the worst possible casting decisions for this movie.

765Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Date Night - This was extremely formulaic, and the ending was lackluster, but Carrel and Fey's chemistry kept me engaged. Plus, the action-oriented plot and numerous cameos gave it an old-school John Landis / Ivan Reitman vibe, which I dug. Worth a Redbox rental. 3/5 Stolen Reservations.

Summer Hours - A 2009 French drama about a family divying up their mother's priceless art collection after her death. While it sounds depressing and potentially melodramatic, director Olivier Assayas avoids all the usual tropes of weepy tearjerkers and gives it an objective, naturalistic feel. The performances were all excellent, with no one going over the top with emotion. I loved it! 5 /5 Broken Sculptures.

766Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:08 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Monsters. 5 out of 5. fanfreakintastic! can't wait to see how this director tackles Godzilla.

767Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:14 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:
ravezombie wrote:

Watching Oldboy now.

I'm sorry.

QFT. I was left with a horrible taste in mouth after watching.
Like I was enjoying a finely-aged cut of steak only to bite into a maggot in the middle.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

768Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Predators

Regardless of the quality (or not) of the entire film, I think Predators had one of the best opening moments of a movie I've seen in a long, long time.

Yeah that was awesome.

769Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:27 pm

ravezombie

ravezombie
Cadet
Cadet

Well, finished watching Oldboy last night. Had to let it sit and settle in mentally because it was just...woah.

Gojiratoho wrote:
ravezombie wrote:

Watching Oldboy now.

I'm sorry.

You better be sorry :< (kidding)

After watching it, I honestly hope Will Smith never gets the chance to remake it. Ever. This seems like a movie that can't really be remade with the same energy and emotions it provided. Spielberg should forget about directing it too.

The side scrolling fight was pretty much epic and I agree with you in that it was one of the better fight scenes done in a good long while. I guess fifteen years of shadowboxing really does pay off in the end.

krpykrwly wrote:QFT. I was left with a horrible taste in mouth after watching.
Like I was enjoying a finely-aged cut of steak only to bite into a maggot in the middle.

This. This is probably a good way to describe the feeling I got by the time the credits started to roll. That aside from "Wait..did that really just... Really?...Really?". I was kind of at a loss for words honestly; the movie and the story just didn't sit right as I thought about it.

Oldboy was an excellent film and deserves every bit of praise that its received. It's brutally honest about the human psyche as a whole. If you haven't seen it, just watch it and draw your own conclusions.

...And made me want to never try octopus. Ever. :|

Last edited by ravezombie on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Writing in the English language. I can do it, honestly.)

http://dizzyclockwork.deviantart.com/

770Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ravezombie wrote:

...And made me want to never try octopus. Ever. :|

I'd read an article about Oldboy and it mentioned that scene. I guess the lead actor is a devout Buddhist and after every take for that scene (it took a few), he had to take a break to pray for the octopi.

771Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

The Hunt for Red October
Clear and Present Danger
Patriot Games
The Sum of All Fears

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

772Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Weemac

Weemac
Cadet
Cadet

Just finished watching Mad Money, poor film.

773Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Rugrats Movie

Crap, this was a sad movie. It could be funny in a dorky sense alot but this really made me cry in the theatre when I was little, definatly darker than the regualr cartoon. It was almost a deconstruction imo. But luckily it got happier at the end. Also found out that Tim Curry had a small role in this, almost couldn't recognise his voice, he was the newsreporter rex pester or something.

3/5 Crazy circus monkies

774Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:52 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ Every time I've ever seen that, it made me cry.

775Seen any movies lately? - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:16 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:The Hunt for Red October
Clear and Present Danger
Patriot Games
The Sum of All Fears

all excellent movies! the weakest of them was the sum of all fears. but I love the rest. Red October is probably my favrorite of them. Jack Ryan is such a great character I have not gotten around to reading those books though

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum