Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1

+10
LordD3r3k
Spazzy
riv1
jaydee74
Parallax_48
Sandman
Ska
Captain Painway
JonSpangler
Thundermatts
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe they just didnt want to lose it?

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:(For one thing, why not just drop the locket in your Bag of Infinite Holding? Seems like a no-brainer.)
While I enjoy the stories, they've never really held up well under scrutiny. Maybe there are plausible explanations I missed, but there are all kinds of logical problems in the HP universe.

-Shouldn't Harry always have been able to see the thestrals, since he witnesssed his parents' death?

-Instead of using the time machine to save a hippogriff, why not go back in time and save Harry's parents? And why not keep the thing so that every time there's a problem they can go back and fix it?

-Why is Dumbledore such an obtuse ass? Why can't he just say, "This is how you destroy a horcrux," among many other helpful bits of wisdom he expects the kids to figure out on their own.

-In OotP, Dumbledore informs Voldemort that the aurors are on their way, yet they don't immediately appear. Are they taking a taxi? They eventually do show up via the floo network, but that's supposed to be an instantaneous trip.

There are lots more, but that's the bitch of a magical universe, just ask Joe Quesada.

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They cant just appear in the middle of the Ministry of Magic, there are guards set up for that, hence why they use the network..

I know that much!

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That doesn't explain anything...

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Then I dont know what the question is... Bc thats why you cant Apparate into the Ministry of Magic.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Couldn't they just apparate directly to the entrance, then flush themselves in? Even if you disregard apparating, they took the floo network, which like I previously said, is supposed to be instantaneous. There really shouldn't be a whole lot of travel time.

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not sure they could use just any floo network to get there?

I dunno. You bring up good points.

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:(For one thing, why not just drop the locket in your Bag of Infinite Holding? Seems like a no-brainer.)
While I enjoy the stories, they've never really held up well under scrutiny. Maybe there are plausible explanations I missed, but there are all kinds of logical problems in the HP universe.

-Shouldn't Harry always have been able to see the thestrals, since he witnesssed his parents' death?

-Instead of using the time machine to save a hippogriff, why not go back in time and save Harry's parents? And why not keep the thing so that every time there's a problem they can go back and fix it?

-Why is Dumbledore such an obtuse ass? Why can't he just say, "This is how you destroy a horcrux," among many other helpful bits of wisdom he expects the kids to figure out on their own.

-In OotP, Dumbledore informs Voldemort that the aurors are on their way, yet they don't immediately appear. Are they taking a taxi? They eventually do show up via the floo network, but that's supposed to be an instantaneous trip.

There are lots more, but that's the bitch of a magical universe, just ask Joe Quesada.

Also Spazzy's right you just can't magically appear in the Ministry of Magic. If you could everyone in there mother would be there.

If they used a time machine to go back and save Harry's parents there would be no movie or books or storyline Rolling Eyes Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Dumbledore wants them to learn to be better wizards. What is the fun of the books and movie if he just says "here is how you do everything".

If Dumbledore says something is on its way doesn't mean it will instantly appear...he could have been lying...it could have been a predication it could have been a buttload of other reasons why they didn't instantly show up.

I will give you that Harry should be able to see the threastrals.

If you try and apply "logic" to a wizarding movie you will drive yourself insane.

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

true

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:

He definately didn't see his father die, and she's said something about being too young to genuinely remember it, and the dreams he has of it are either just dreams of what he thinks it was like, or when his mind is linked with Voldy's.

Again, the Time Turner thing sucks, but they had one handy in the third book, by the time Harry's parents ae dead, it's too late, they've aleady been killed. Obviosuly they didn't go back in time to stop it, cause they're dead. You can't change the past after the fact.

Because they're Gryffindors. Gryffindors are morons. Seriously though, this question is somewhat explained near the end.

Floo powder is not insantaneous. Apparating is. I suspect the farther from a place you are the longer it takes. In the novels when traveling by floo powder characters can literally see as they pass all of the differen't fireplaces hooked up to the network.

And at least before Voldy takes over, you can apparate into the ministry, just not certain pats of it. Ron's dad usually apparates every morning for work.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
If you try and apply "logic" to a wizarding movie you will drive yourself insane.
Right, that was my initial point in regards to Rob's remark, that HP is full of logical errors due to the magical nature of the universe, so at some point you just have to accept it. I was merely pointing out a few of the many logical inconsistencies that also appear throughout the story.

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
Right, that was my initial point in regards to Rob's remark, that HP is full of logical errors due to the magical nature of the universe, so at some point you just have to accept it. I was merely pointing out a few of the many logical inconsistencies that also appear throughout the story.

Pulling out all the errors in the Harry Potter saga could fill 3 dictionaries Laughing

It is the same with a horror movie. People try to apply logic to those movies Rolling Eyes Ya people fight about that Laughing

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:
He definately didn't see his father die, and she's said something about being too young to genuinely remember it, and the dreams he has of it are either just dreams of what he thinks it was like, or when his mind is linked with Voldy's.
It's not the best explanation, but I'll buy it.

Again, the Time Turner thing sucks, but they had one handy in the third book, by the time Harry's parents ae dead, it's too late, they've aleady been killed. Obviosuly they didn't go back in time to stop it, cause they're dead. You can't change the past after the fact.
Like when they save Buckbeak and Sirius after the fact? Wink There's no good way to do time travel, because time travel creates too many paradoxes. It still doesn't make sense that the wizarding community didn't immediately go back in time to prevent Voldemort from his rebellion, but whatevs.

Floo powder is not insantaneous. Apparating is. I suspect the farther from a place you are the longer it takes. In the novels when traveling by floo powder characters can literally see as they pass all of the differen't fireplaces hooked up to the network.
Fair enough on the floo powder. I still maintain that they could have apparated to the bathroom. Wink

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think they used the bathrooms then. I'm pretty sure that's a Voldy's Ministry thing. He got rid of all other ways in and gave people special tokens they use to flush themselves in, which of course is ignoed in the film.

I disagree about the whole Harry Potter has tons of errors, even the movies. The only thing that bugs me in the flicks is Hary should be able to see Thestrels after year one, when he sees Quirrel die. In the book he's passed out and Dumbledore kills Quirrel. IN the movie, Hary watches as he crumbles to nothing.

And yeah, Time Travel sucks. They regulate the time turners and hardly ever use them because of how dangerous they can prove, but they let a 13 year old girl have one to take more classes? Psht. Time Travel doesn't belong in Harry Potter.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:I don't think they used the bathrooms then. I'm pretty sure that's a Voldy's Ministry thing. He got rid of all other ways in and gave people special tokens they use to flush themselves in, which of course is ignoed in the film.
Either way, there's an entrance and it seems plausible to me that one could apparate to the entrance and then walk in.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

right. Dumbledore probabaly sent word to Fudge, went to the Ministry. Fudge got word, rounded up a posse, and came. I'm not sure what your issue is? That it took too long? they all got there around the same time, the people at the end, they may have gotten together at a central location and then went.

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I'm going to wait for part two to come out then i'm going to buy part 1 watch it then head to the movie theatre.

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Joshua wrote:

Joshua wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:
It's not the best explanation, but I'll buy it.

Like when they save Buckbeak and Sirius after the fact? Wink There's no good way to do time travel, because time travel creates too many paradoxes. It still doesn't make sense that the wizarding community didn't immediately go back in time to prevent Voldemort from his rebellion, but whatevs.

Fair enough on the floo powder. I still maintain that they could have apparated to the bathroom. Wink

ok as for the bag. Harry knows that shit can get serious at any time, they might have to drop that bag and run or apperate to get away leaving the bag in the tent or something so the only way to keep it safe is to keep it near you.

(personally I did not notice harry not seeing the thestrals this movie) but it was not his parents death that made him see it. It was Cedric's from the forth book.

In the 3rd book & movie they stated that BAD things can happen to those wizards that mess with time. (granted they never say what those bad things are or why they would give such a thing to a 13 year old girl) but think of it this way if they go back to save harry's parents...Voldemort would not have been "destroyed" either

I do not know if you read the books or not...but it is explained at the end as to why Dumbeldore treated harry in that way. basically he needed Harry to grow up and make his own descisions and morality to do what he has to do in the end (I do not want to spoil it)

I got nothing for the Auror's question as to why it took so long...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum