Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Swan (possible spoilers)

+11
Off_White_Lantern
Paroxysm
Sandman
Gandicles
SexyToaster
G_Zatara
Ska
Spaced4SimonPegg
Batman25JM
Silent K
EireJack
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Black Swan (possible spoilers) Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:33 am

EireJack

EireJack
Cadet
Cadet

Anyone else seen this? I'm solidly on the fence, the progression of the story is interesting but the pacing is tedious at times. The visuals are impressive.

2Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:16 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

"The visuals", as in Mila Kunis going down on Natalie Portman? Yes, please.

3Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^After seeing that scene thanks to your link I want to see this movie. A LOT.

4Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I need to give it another view. The sex scene was hot but there are other hot scenes too Twisted Evil I do agree that this movie is not for everyone.

5Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:12 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really liked the movie, but sometimes I found it hard to keep straight what was going on. Heh.

After seeing the previews for it where Natalie Portman was sprouting feathers, I really wanted to go see it. It looked like it would be some creepy movie where she actually would turn into a swan. Unfortunately, in the end I learned it was just one big metaphor.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

6Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:37 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Symbolism abound. One can truly be their worst enemy.

Saw it today. Quite intense. I feel like I need a hug.

7Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:08 pm

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did find it to be a beautiful movie but it had some pretty twisted moments. I enjoyed the symbolism though.

8Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:32 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Symbolism is just a stupid reminder of the terrible time I had in AP English. What a crock, just because "his sweater was blue" doesn't mean a damn thing. Maybe he just likes blue! Quit looking for the deeper meaning in it all. I'd like somebody to follow me around for a day and pick out my symbolism.

"She wore what appeared to be a white hat with what appeared to be two knobs at the top. I think she is ready for adventure today. Perhaps the knobs are symbolic of ears, improving her hearing so she can find adventure wherever she may be off to."

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

9Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:47 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think the symbolism in this movie was a crock though.

10Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:47 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was both engaging and thought-provoking.

11Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:38 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

More like boner-provoking.

12Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:53 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^After seeing that scene thanks to your link I want to see this movie. A LOT.
yes where is this link?

13Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:31 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=31868

14Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

This movie blew me away from the sheer intensity of Aronofsky's directing & Natalie's performance. It was one of those movies where you catch your breath when it's over. The "horror" elements of the movie were also really freaky & disturbing! Even if the horror elements were mostly hallucinations, they were still scary! I mean moments like the paintings in her mom's room, when she sunk underwater in the bathtub, the "leg break", etc. Even something like the scene where she was uh, "touching herself" was scary when we suddenly see who else is in the room. That mom creeped me out the second she showed up in the movie and never stopped creeping me out!

I have to admit the nervous energy in Natalie's character got kinda tiresome after a while and I wanted to see the "black swan" come out earlier, but I guess that was delayed on purpose to make the climax stand out even more.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

15Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:00 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That summed it up pretty well.

16Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I saw this and thought it was terrible. Acid trippy crap that doesnt make any sense. I admit I never liked Natalie Portman but this movie didnt change my mind. The last movie I liked with her in it was The professional and she was a kid in that one. V and the new Star Wars were alright in spite of her mechanical performances and goofy accents.

17Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really (really) liked her "homework" scene (at least until the end).

And even though I don't know anything about Swan Lake or ballet, I'm pretty sure I just watched Swan Lake.

18Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this was pretty intense but I enjoyed it. I thought Natalie Portman was excellent in this. Loved the visuals. Not something I think I need to see again but I'm glad I saw it.

19Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Loved it!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

20Black Swan (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Black Swan (possible spoilers) Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:18 am

kerryart

kerryart
Pirate
Pirate

I thought it was brilliant... Natalie Portman is RIDICULOUSLY good. Her dance at the end... shivers.

http://www.king-of-the-damned.deviantart.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum