Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman and Robin

+29
Bigtymin504
azrael07
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Foreigner_Man
Spider_Fan14
The Ignored One
Kainless
BlueMaxx
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
shiky800
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
prescribeddrone
Chi-Town Spidey
Mnemosis
Brian Cunningham
Thundermatts
melvinlikechris
shining knight
Joshua
Batman25JM
jaydee74
Debaser77
Lee
Fresh03
Administrator
Esbat
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

51Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:So...is Batman and Robin canon...or is it an Elseworlds of sorts?

Why wouldn't it be canon?
IDK. Haven't been reading it. I've just heard that the Frank Miller stuff wasn't. Canon, that is.

52Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:35 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:IDK. Haven't been reading it. I've just heard that the Frank Miller stuff wasn't. Canon, that is.

Ohhh, you're thinking of All-star Batman & Robin. Yeah, that's not canon. This title however is the one being done by Grant Morrison, picking up after RIP & Final Crisis.

53Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:39 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well, I managed to read #8 and holy crap. I can't wait for issue 9. What an excellent issue. Nice connection to
Spoiler:
as well.

54Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of #8 is up on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=19043

55Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:05 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman & Robin #8

How fitting was it that I read Final Crisis & Batman R.I.P. in its entirety for the first time this week? With that said, things in this new issue of B&R aren't all as clear as they seem. But don't fret; readers solely here to enjoy the ride of Batman & Robin will not be disappointed. There's plenty of great characterizations Morrison displays. It's nice to see he has a good hand at Batwoman, and his Grayson Batman clearly has a voice of his own (something that can't be said for some of his appearances in other titles). Clearly, Grant Morrison is trying to do differentiate this run in terms of both style and methodology. And the odes (hints) to his past work connect the dots without having to stifen the audience.

Cameron Stuart is a minimilist star on the book. While I much prefer Tony Daniel's "Jim Lee-esque" detail on say R.I.P., Stuart's approach to sketching meshes easier toward the vibe of the tooney B&R. The fight scene between Dick and "Bruce" (not a spoiler, look at the cover) gives a nice nod to the Bat flicks. Once again, Stuart's take on the sinister British villains and pop-variety heroes does wonders. For an issue taking to such a dark subject--the Lazarus Pit--things never get as glum as the last arc, thankfully.

In all, this issue was one of the rare times you spend little time reading dialogue but almost too much of it on peeking panels. With Morrison you have to, otherwise you'll miss something. In two weeks it's probably recommended you read the last two issues again. Can't wait.

4/5 Bags&Boards - Terrific

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

56Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:08 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heh
Spoiler:

57Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #8 was okay. I didn't really care much for it, and the reveal who/what the resurrected Batman is wasn't that cool IMO. It was just meh. However, at least this issue was linear enough for me to follow (unlike a great majority of Morrison's work).

58Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this issue was fairly good. I liked the reveal and I am curious to see where this is going.

59Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:25 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Issue #8 was okay. I didn't really care much for it, and the reveal who/what the resurrected Batman is wasn't that cool IMO. It was just meh. However, at least this issue was linear enough for me to follow (unlike a great majority of Morrison's work).

You don't think the idea of having an evil Batman running around has possibilities?

60Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Issue #8 was okay. I didn't really care much for it, and the reveal who/what the resurrected Batman is wasn't that cool IMO. It was just meh. However, at least this issue was linear enough for me to follow (unlike a great majority of Morrison's work).

You don't think the idea of having an evil Batman running around has possibilities?
I don't but didn't they have that with Jason Todd?

61Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:32 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I don't but didn't they have that with Jason Todd?

Not exactly. Jason wasn't evil perse', he just didn't go easy on criminals. Here we have a Batman bent on killing everyone. Starting with those closest to him, it seems.

62Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

I guess it does. I'd be more excited about it if Morrison wasn't writing. I'm just not a fan of his.

63Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:55 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I guess it does. I'd be more excited about it if Morrison wasn't writing. I'm just not a fan of his.

I had no idea Wink

64Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I don't but didn't they have that with Jason Todd?

Not exactly. Jason wasn't evil perse', he just didn't go easy on criminals. Here we have a Batman bent on killing everyone. Starting with those closest to him, it seems.
I guess you have sort of a point. This "Batman" is an interesting idea and I am quite excited for the next issue. I am curious as to where this goes for sure.

65Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I guess it does. I'd be more excited about it if Morrison wasn't writing. I'm just not a fan of his.

I had no idea Wink

tongue

66Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:04 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I guess you have sort of a point. This "Batman" is an interesting idea and I am quite excited for the next issue. I am curious as to where this goes for sure.

Yeah, I'm really curious to see where this is going. For me, Morrison always keeps things interesting. Plus, I can't wait to see his interpretation of the Omega Sanction.

67Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I guess you have sort of a point. This "Batman" is an interesting idea and I am quite excited for the next issue. I am curious as to where this goes for sure.

Yeah, I'm really curious to see where this is going. For me, Morrison always keeps things interesting. Plus, I can't wait to see his interpretation of the Omega Sanction.
I've been waiting to see that every since I saw Batman getting hit with it back in Final Crisis. That should be quite a trippy story.

68Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:14 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I've been waiting to see that every since I saw Batman getting hit with it back in Final Crisis. That should be quite a trippy story.

Knowing Morrison, indeed Very Happy

69Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:35 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I've been waiting to see that every since I saw Batman getting hit with it back in Final Crisis. That should be quite a trippy story.

Knowing Morrison, indeed Very Happy
I know I'm going to either enjoy it or I'm going get a migraine from it. Or both.

70Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman and Robin #9

Well, I don't know about all of you but this was boring as hell for me. I mean, all the talk about the possibilities of having a bad Batman running around had me kinda excited, but this was just a weak, almost cliched story. I mean, it did have potential, but nothing happened. It was a straight forward "I'm going to kill them" kinda story.

I am tired of sounding like a broken record when it comes to Morrison. I want to like this stuff, everyone else seems to like it. I would drop this book, but since I'm going to read The Return of Bruce Wayne I figure I better read this book because I'm sure it'll lead into it.

The only thing I liked about this issue was Damian. I used to HATE him, but lately I'm really liking him. He's mellowed a little. He's still a brat, but he isn't the full on asshole he used to be.

71Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Really dug this issue. Damien cracked me up, as did Dick's pickup attempt on Batwoman. I've been on the fence about Morrison on this title, but I've really enjoyed the last few issues.

72Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:52 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved issue 9.

73Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I knew I'd be the only one who didn't like it.*sigh*

I just don't get why everyone seems to love it so much. For me it has either been confusing/hard to follow or just just plain boring.

74Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:55 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I knew I'd be the only one who didn't like it.*sigh*

I just don't get why everyone seems to love it so much. For me it has either been confusing/hard to follow or just just plain boring.

Well, I thought this issue wasn't as strong as the last few, but I still enjoyed some parts of it. I was kind of disappointed that evil Bruce is done. But perhaps we'll see more of him down the road. I'm getting the impression Morrison just wants to get this return story moving.

75Batman and Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:50 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

B&R #9

Don't know about you, but I loved this. I have to run to work so no review for me this week, and it's probably too late anyway. I do believe THIS is the type of issue Morrison set out to accomplish. All the zany, classic, over-the-top dialogue and action panels are exactly as he called "the demented screw-up of the Batman TV show." Unlike R.I.P., you can't take all this as serious. A lot of it still reverts meaning to Final Crisis and the such, but Grant's still trying to have fun with this. Who else writes a better Grayson Batman? And I liked Cameron on the art too; it surely fit the vibe Morrison's shooting for.

4/5 Bags&Boards - But almost a 4.5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum