Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official Movie/TV News Thread

+5
Astro13Zombie
BlueMaxx
Joshua
Administrator
Silent K
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty The Official Movie/TV News Thread Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Some Quick notes:

--Rumors that Stephen Sommers was fired from GI Joe are false. They have been getting positive test-screenings.

--Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper have been cast as Hannibal and Face, respectively, in the A-Team movie.

--Bradley Cooper is the newest rumored name to be attached to Green Lantern.

2The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Wouldn't it be dumb to fir Sommers NOW?

As much I think Cooper is okay, he's possibly just the flavor-of-the-season and next summer we'll hear of a new GL consideration of one of next summer's biggest new stars.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spidey_82 wrote:Wouldn't it be dumb to fir Sommers NOW?
While I don't think there's a good movie to be made, the right editing could make a terrible movie merely bad and while a lot of that is dependent upon the editor, the director would still have say in the final product.

4The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:42 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, Sommers has final cut.

5The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Two cancelled tv shows that may continue in comicbooks.

- The ABC show Pushing Daisies is getting a comic to complete the final season, and possibly continue if it does well. "After the show struggled in the ratings during its second season, Bryan Fuller said that should ABC not pick up the series for additional episodes he would release comic books, and maybe a movie, based on the show in order to wrap up outstanding stories for fans. Warner Bros. has given the okay to Fuller to produce comic books.

Fuller has stated that the "third" season will be twelve issues long and is a fresh take on the zombie genre starring all of the characters from the show. It will be published by DC Comics."

- The Middleman (ABC Family): "In February 2009, a comic book based on the unproduced 13th episode was announced, confirming the series' cancellation.[1] Billed as a "series finale", The Middleman – The Doomsday Armageddon Apocalypse is scheduled for release in July 2009. A season-one DVD will be released the same month."

6The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Ryan Reynolds to play Green Lantern

7The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Ryan Reynolds to play Green Lantern

The Official Movie/TV News Thread Baraka

8The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Better than Justin Timberlake.

I hope it won't prevent him from doing a Deadpool movie.

9The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:41 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Will we be able to stomach a non-wisecracking Ryan Reynolds?

10The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:51 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I like Reynolds ok, but I just don't see him as Hal. Kyle, maybe, but I would have preferred Bradley Cooper as Hal.

11The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:59 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:

I like Reynolds ok, but I just don't see him as Hal. Kyle, maybe, but I would have preferred Bradley Cooper as Hal.
My mind? You read it. Heh. Cooper seems so much more fit. Reynolds, like Silent K put, is usually a jester by default. I just hope that it isn't silly little jokes, one after another with that...*sigh*...voice of his. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate him, but he's the same guy in pretty much everything.

12The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:37 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm with bluemaxx on this....

13The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Hal Jordan is NOT Canadian!

14The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I guess we hadn't covered this here, yet, but Gary Oldman was at SDCC promoting Book of Eli, and was heard saying that the third movie in the new Batman movie universe would start filming in 2010 for a 2011 release, but was quoted "you didn't hear that from me".

So, stirring the pot or legit?

Either way, Mania.com has an interesting article about 7 directors who could possibly fill Nolan's shoes should he not return.

http://www.mania.com/7-directors-could-direct-next-batman_article_116539.html

15The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:06 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

Silent K wrote:

http://www.mania.com/7-directors-could-direct-next-batman_article_116539.html

An Alfonso Cuaron-directed Batman movie may just cause my head to explode with delight. That guy can do no wrong in my opinion.

16The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:04 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I'm good with everyone there but Singer. I used to admire that man, but after ruining Superman I suspect he'll ignore all movies that were done since Batman Forever and continue directly from there.

17The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=8799

Mr. Eko as T'Challa!?

18The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:16 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wouldn't put too much stock in what Gary Oldman says about Batman. I love him, but it wouldn't be the first time a Batman actor has shot their mouth off and uttered complete nonsense. I'll keep my excitement bottled until we get some sort of studio confirmation and/or a script or director announced.

From aintitcool.com:
I just interviewed Oldman and he back-peddled a bit on it, going from sure to the movie filming next year on the panel to a more "well, I'm sure they want to do another one... it might 2 or 3 years..."
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41811

In mostly confirmed news, it looks like Clancy Brown and Paul Giamatti will be voicing The Goon and Frankie respectively in the upcoming The Goon movie. Fucking awesome.

19The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:01 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hold the fuck on!

How does Baraka ever bend his arms when the bones are in?

20The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:07 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Joshua wrote:

In mostly confirmed news, it looks like Clancy Brown and Paul Giamatti will be voicing The Goon and Frankie respectively in the upcoming The Goon movie. Fucking awesome.

Excellent casting!

21The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For the record, Bryan Singer didn't 'ruin' Superman. He just didn't do anything new or interesting with him, and DC didn't say anything because they were dazzled by the lights from the X-Men marquees that came with Singer. Wink

22The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed. While I hated Superman Returns, Singer didn't take some great movie franchise and completely mangle it, he simply continued the precedence that Richard Donner had already set-up (which was garbage).

23The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:01 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I haaaaate the reeves superman flicks, and looooooove superman returns. like love it love it love it

24The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:I haaaaate the reeves superman flicks, and looooooove superman returns. like love it love it love it
Which is bizarre because outside of the modern visual effects and a different cast, they're practically the same movie.

25The Official Movie/TV News Thread Empty Re: The Official Movie/TV News Thread Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:53 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*shrugs* with less stupid.

Like flying around the world and going back in time and having a cling wrap s shield and uhhhh sucking ass

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum