Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+57
vikoros
Heytherejeffro
SexyToaster
Rath99
Airwolf
Parallax_48
kidspider2099
BigSoupCan
Sandman
Denim
potatojoe
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Janson
colossus1979
Jherek
Gojiratoho
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Off_White_Lantern
ChrisToPhenom
supervenom
Tom
azrael07
elijahdprophet
Astro13Zombie
Scarie187
deadbolt85
Warren_Worthington IV
G_Zatara
Paroxysm
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Foreigner_Man
prescribeddrone
Esbat
TENIME_art
Ben Akers
Combo Mo
Fresh03
Bigtymin504
Spaced4SimonPegg
Silent K
jaydee74
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Batman25JM
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Topcat
shining knight
Thundermatts
shiky800
Joshua
Debaser77
superdoug
Lee
61 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 23]

476Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Heytherejeffro wrote:Anybody read the Cracked article about the trailer? Pretty funny stuff: http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-new-green-lantern-movie-looks-so-familiar/

About one page back.

477Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:42 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh. I saw it with the Harry Potter trailer and I am jazzed for it.

478Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:21 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well i saw the trailer for the first time yesterday and i was a little let down by it. the CGI looks pretty bad. but i will still watch the movie.

479Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:15 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:
Heytherejeffro wrote:Anybody read the Cracked article about the trailer? Pretty funny stuff: http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-new-green-lantern-movie-looks-so-familiar/

About one page back.
Fair enough. If I don't see it, it probably doesn't exist.
Green Lantern - Page 20 41525

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

480Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:52 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Here's something that kinda worries me about the movie;
http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-new-green-lantern-movie-looks-so-familiar/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=blog+dob111910

I hope its not too much of a formulaic superhero movie

As I read verbal diarrhea like this, I always wonder to myself if these people ever read the comics. And then I see this, "According to Wikipedia..", to which I then chuckle because I now have my answer, close the article without reading another word, and move on. Smile

481Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:28 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed.

482Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:48 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Hey, did you know the X-Men and X2 is basically Superman/Superman II and Superman Returns? I mean, Cyclops' laser vision, Colossus' super-strength, Wolverine's rapid healing and a man of metal (steel), flight by many characters, Storm's wind is reminisecent of Superman's super-blowing, Stryker is Lex and, hello, Bryan Singer! Wink

And don't get me started on Burton's Batman and The Dark Knight. They both had Joker! Total rip-off.

483Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:50 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:Here's something that kinda worries me about the movie;
http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-new-green-lantern-movie-looks-so-familiar/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=blog+dob111910

I hope its not too much of a formulaic superhero movie

As I read verbal diarrhea like this, I always wonder to myself if these people ever read the comics. And then I see this, "According to Wikipedia..", to which I then chuckle because I now have my answer, close the article without reading another word, and move on. Smile
It's Cracked, not the New York Times.

484Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:21 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ it doesn't matter what it is, if the guy is tearing it apart without knowing the source material then I don't see what point there is in reading it. He's more than welcome to his opinion of course, as it is my opinion that he's talking out of his ass Smile

485Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My point was that Cracked is an intentionally facetious website meant for humor publication, not for factual reporting.

486Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:35 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ ah, gotcha.

487Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomar-Re!

Green Lantern - Page 20 Tomar-re1

488Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:19 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe I'm not the most knowledgeable of CGI graphics, but I've been enjoying what I've seen so far. Still really looking forward to seeing this movie Very Happy

489Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Same here.

490Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:43 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Tomar-Re!

Green Lantern - Page 20 Tomar-re1

Honestly, I don't think he looks good at all. The more I see of this movie the less I'm looking forward to it. I'll still see it, but I hope it's better than it is looking right now.

491Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:19 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I honestly don't know what people expect when they see CGI completely created characters that aren't human. I think Tomar Re looks fine when you consider that he doesn't actually exist. I'm not 100% sold on the costume but when you see it as a picture that small, I'm not sure what people are supposed to expect it to be. Geoff Johns has testified to this movie being good and that's good enough for me.

492Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:01 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I honestly don't know what people expect when they see CGI completely created characters that aren't human. I think Tomar Re looks fine when you consider that he doesn't actually exist. I'm not 100% sold on the costume but when you see it as a picture that small, I'm not sure what people are supposed to expect it to be. Geoff Johns has testified to this movie being good and that's good enough for me.

Not only that, but with the case of Tomar Re he's a birdlike/reptilian alien, so I can see the logic with making the costume (that he's mentally creates) look like his own physical features, hence the scales.

Besides Hal, the two other GL's that really concern me are Kilowag and Sinestro. And from the previews, they both looked pretty badass. Everyone else they can do whatever they want to, IMO.

493Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I honestly don't know what people expect when they see CGI completely created characters that aren't human. I think Tomar Re looks fine when you consider that he doesn't actually exist. I'm not 100% sold on the costume but when you see it as a picture that small, I'm not sure what people are supposed to expect it to be. Geoff Johns has testified to this movie being good and that's good enough for me.

I just expect them to not look like crap. It's not really even Tomar-Re's face that bugs me, it's his costume. I just don't think it looks good at all. I've seen characters created completely out of CGI that look good. I just don't think that's the case with the stuff we've seen from GL so far.

494Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:35 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

All I can say is if Geoff Johns feels comfortable saying this movie is going to be good, I'm good with it.

495Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:37 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess, but I really doubt that he'd ever come out and say "this movie is a piece of shit" if that's what he thought, so not offense to Mr. Johns, but I'm going to take his comments with a grain of salt.

496Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:07 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And it's your right to. Just like I know I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. Actually, let me rephrase that. I've been waiting for a time where Green Lantern would be popular enough to be considered for a live action movie because that wasn't always the case and the fact that it's happening at all is awesome. All I know is that when this movie comes out, I'll be in the front of the line and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

497Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern action figures!

Hal

Green Lantern - Page 20 Hal-jordan

Tomar-Re

Green Lantern - Page 20 Tomar-Re-Green-Lantern-Movie-toy-action-figure-1Green Lantern - Page 20 Tomar-re2

G'hu

Green Lantern - Page 20 Ghu

Rot Lop Fan

Green Lantern - Page 20 Rot-lop-fan

498Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:53 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Action figures aren't my thing. I think the last one I bought was the Kevin Spacey Lex Luthor from Superman Returns.

But I'm so gonna get me an F-Sharp Bell!!! big grin

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

499Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

F-Sharp Bell for the win please.

500Green Lantern - Page 20 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:39 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I predict a LOT of GL figures left on shelves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum