Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+57
vikoros
Heytherejeffro
SexyToaster
Rath99
Airwolf
Parallax_48
kidspider2099
BigSoupCan
Sandman
Denim
potatojoe
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Janson
colossus1979
Jherek
Gojiratoho
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Off_White_Lantern
ChrisToPhenom
supervenom
Tom
azrael07
elijahdprophet
Astro13Zombie
Scarie187
deadbolt85
Warren_Worthington IV
G_Zatara
Paroxysm
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Foreigner_Man
prescribeddrone
Esbat
TENIME_art
Ben Akers
Combo Mo
Fresh03
Bigtymin504
Spaced4SimonPegg
Silent K
jaydee74
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Batman25JM
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Topcat
shining knight
Thundermatts
shiky800
Joshua
Debaser77
superdoug
Lee
61 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 23]

501Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:07 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So do I but I think it has a lot to do with the fact that movie based action figures don't do very well.

502Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:47 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey, That's My Cape! Dissecting the Green Lantern Trailer
Jill Pantozzi, a self-professed Green Lantern fanatic, takes an in-depth look at the GL Trailer, and asks what you think of it!

http://www.newsarama.com/film/hey-thats-my-cape-green-lantern-trailer-101117.html

503Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:29 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

504Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked
lmao

505Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:20 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aside from the chick playing Carol Ferris, everything else looks pretty good to me.

506Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Aside from the chick playing Carol Ferris, everything else looks pretty good to me.
I saw her in the movie "The Town" and she was pretty good in it. I hope what we saw of her is not the best of her performance.

507Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:36 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was reading the latest Wizard today which actually had a decent write-up about the movie. But what caught my eye was this excerpt:

"For Hal Jordan's iconic green costume, the filmmakers decided early to ditch the spandex and go with a all CGI look. It made even more sense considering the Green Lanterns' costumes are basically constructs created by their rings. On the down side, that means that the costume is a work in progress, being tweaked in post-production, and fans haven't been able to feast their eyes yet on the final look."

Just FYI Wink

What I didn't realize before reading the article is that the Production Designer is the same that worked on the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which IMO was beautiful. Knowing this, I'm definitely feeling more confident that they'll pull together something great for the finished product.

508Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:51 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I was reading the latest Wizard today which actually had a decent write-up about the movie. But what caught my eye was this excerpt:

"For Hal Jordan's iconic green costume, the filmmakers decided early to ditch the spandex and go with a all CGI look. It made even more sense considering the Green Lanterns' costumes are basically constructs created by their rings. On the down side, that means that the costume is a work in progress, being tweaked in post-production, and fans haven't been able to feast their eyes yet on the final look."

Just FYI Wink

What I didn't realize before reading the article is that the Production Designer is the same that worked on the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which IMO was beautiful. Knowing this, I'm definitely feeling more confident that they'll pull together something great for the finished product.

Green Lantern - Page 21 Facebook-like-buton

509Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I was reading the latest Wizard today which actually had a decent write-up about the movie. But what caught my eye was this excerpt:

Just FYI Wink

I hope the costume ends up looking good. If that wasn't the final product then I have to say it was stupid to release a trailer with an unfinished costume in it. It really lowered my excitement for the film because it looked so bad.

510Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:13 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I didn't think it was horrible, but to each their own. I mean, it's not like it was this guy:

Green Lantern - Page 21 000c3spy

Laughing Wink

511Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:26 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

Just FYI Wink

Green Lantern - Page 21 Facebook-like-buton
yes

512Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:^ I didn't think it was horrible, but to each their own. I mean, it's not like it was this guy:

Green Lantern - Page 21 000c3spy

Laughing Wink

Hey, that looks badass. I mean a clear plastic shield? You know he means business!

513Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:21 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ And it's recyclable. Cap goes green!

514Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern - Page 21 Go-Green-Like-My-Mullet-Captain-Planet-Shirt

515Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:50 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I hope the costume ends up looking good. If that wasn't the final product then I have to say it was stupid to release a trailer with an unfinished costume in it. It really lowered my excitement for the film because it looked so bad.

Something you gotta keep in mind here is that the trailer if for the 'general audience', not the comic book community. From a marketing standpoint, if the movie is coming out in the summer then you gotta put out a teaser to generate some buzz. If they wait too long, it limits the time for word of mouth to spread. And again, if the aim is towards the general audience, they'll have more buy-in from the fact that the movie stars Hollywood favorite Ryan Reynolds, not the costume.

516Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:38 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As comic fans though, we have expectations and when spots come out and the fans aren't impressed, you are going to hear it and while I enjoyed what I saw thus far, I knew that there would be a lot more comic fans that wouldn't. I'm still waiting to see what the film actually does to people's opinions. Remember this. This film has the approval of Geoff Johns. I gotta think that if Geoff likes it, then it's gotta be good. Right?

517Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Three favorite lines from that video:

Look, Halo.

Sorry Tax payers.

Sweet. I smell ebay.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

518Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I was reading the latest Wizard today..."the filmmakers decided early to ditch the spandex and go with a all CGI look."

Boy, with abysmal grammar like that, it's no wonder the magazine's going under... Rolling Eyes

519Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:I was reading the latest Wizard today..."the filmmakers decided early to ditch the spandex and go with a all CGI look."

Boy, with abysmal grammar like that, it's no wonder the magazine's going under... Rolling Eyes

"Me fail English?! That's unpossible!!" Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

520Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:

It's possible that might have just been me fat-fingering the keyboard Laughing

521Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I hope the costume ends up looking good. If that wasn't the final product then I have to say it was stupid to release a trailer with an unfinished costume in it. It really lowered my excitement for the film because it looked so bad.

Something you gotta keep in mind here is that the trailer if for the 'general audience', not the comic book community. From a marketing standpoint, if the movie is coming out in the summer then you gotta put out a teaser to generate some buzz. If they wait too long, it limits the time for word of mouth to spread. And again, if the aim is towards the general audience, they'll have more buy-in from the fact that the movie stars Hollywood favorite Ryan Reynolds, not the costume.

True, but the odds are that comic fans are going to go no matter what. If you want non comic readers to go the movie has to look good. I fear the general audience may have seen that and thought it looked like crap and will thus skip the movie.

522Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:

Kind of funny though.

523Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:16 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman wrote:

True, but the odds are that comic fans are going to go no matter what. If you want non comic readers to go the movie has to look good. I fear the general audience may have seen that and thought it looked like crap and will thus skip the movie.

Since the non comic readers have no frame of reference, I'm willing to bet it's not that big a deal to them

524Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:20 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman wrote:

Since the non comic readers have no frame of reference, I'm willing to bet it's not that big a deal to them
I'll agree with that. For the non-comic reader, they are not going to know he's supposed to have white gloves or what the costume is supposed to be made of. The non-comic reader is going to go "Hey. Some movie is coming out with Ryan Reynolds. I like Ryan Reynolds. Maybe I'll check it out."

525Green Lantern - Page 21 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:28 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ exactly

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum